HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 29 | Colorado at Columbus | 7pm at the Nat | Quotation Edition

Old
12-05-2009, 12:23 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Viq's got my vote on the HFboards All Star User ballot.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 12:48 AM
Happy Pony

Awesome.

Sad I won't be able to catch this one, but life gets in the way sometimes.

Just win FFS.

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:07 AM
CBJCougar

WOW!!! Viqsi, you did an amazing job with this GDT. I agree with TW, you're All Star bound!!

Go Jackets!!

I'd like to see Rick Nash drop the gloves too. He's hot when he's Nasty Nash Might just be the best medicine in the world for the team to see their Captain Nash take a stand by kicking ass and taking down names. I know it's not his nature to be a bad ass, but ... just this once...

Get well Rusty!!

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 02:17 AM
The Four Seven
Boone Jenner

Damn good GDT.

Colorado's a pretty good team, even with that ****face captain of theirs. Much faster, higher energy than the (same) ol' Jackets. And with no Dorsett, and Boll putting the fists away so he can "agitate" (ineffectively I might add), who do we have to get mean? Sestito's in the 'Cuse and Picard's no fighter.

Colorado 5, CBJ 3.

The Four Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 02:52 AM
Happy Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Four Seven View Post
Damn good GDT.

Colorado's a pretty good team, even with that ****face captain of theirs. Much faster, higher energy than the (same) ol' Jackets. And with no Dorsett, and Boll putting the fists away so he can "agitate" (ineffectively I might add), who do we have to get mean? Sestito's in the 'Cuse and Picard's no fighter.

Colorado 5, CBJ 3.
Blunden, Commodore, Raffi (doubtful due to his jaw), Chimera, Methot/Roy and I guess Russell now too. Nash only after the clock shows 0:00.

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 03:27 AM
Hilliardsw55
Johnson!

Come on...this Foote stuff is so old...just get over ittttt!

Screw Foote. He'll probably find an excuse at 5PM tomorrow as to why he won't be able to play...a "stomach virus" or a "stubbed toe."

Jackets give a glimpse of a decent team tomorrow and win 5-2. (FOOTE'S JERSEY NUMBERS!!1! 5 AND 2!11!!!)

Hilliardsw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Matt

Jackets will continue their march to 13th

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Nice GDT, Viqsi. There will be some bulletin board material for this one. Just what the doctor ordered to motivate this team.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Hugg

We haven't lost to Colorado since the trade and we won't start now. Boys will be up for this one.

Hugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 11:05 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

As I said in the other 52 thread:

>

...but the quotes don't end at the OP...

Quote:
At the time, however, some in Columbus believed Foote forced his way out of town with the Jackets sitting five points out of a playoff spot. (He would have been a free agent as season's end.)

Foote was asked yesterday if that representation of events was inaccurate.

"Like I said earlier to a question similar to that, I've been down (that road) and I have addressed it You look at both sides and both sides have moved on. We talked about this."

Earlier in the interview, Foote made a similar comment:

"I've already talked to the guys and addressed that with them. I have been there. That was a couple of years ago or a year-and-a-half ago, it seems longer. I felt like I have been down that road so I don't really want to go there."

In fact, he's never "addressed it" publicly and he probably never will.
Man up, *****.

For your listening pleasure:

...oh wait, there's a game tonight? Just win, baby. Colorado's a "better" opponent, so if we're back to the 2006-07 mentality of playing to the level of our competition, an upset should be in order. Right? Right?

And somebody make Scott Torgerson happy- Punch Adam Foote in the face in HD like he asked.

Last edited by CBJSprague24: 12-05-2009 at 11:16 AM.
CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 11:13 AM
BluejacketNut

For those wanting to boo foot, keep in mind who you got out of the deal . He could have chose to play out the season when he knew he wasnt going to resign and we'd of got nothing for him, no RJ on the team. I was an Avs fan before the Jackets, so Foote was one of my favorite players. He is exactly what this team is missing.....a nasty SOB, that if you so much as breath on the goaltender, you were paying for it! Had he lost a step due to age, yes but he's a nasty SOB, and this team sorely lacks that.

I dont like how it played out, but I completely understand the situation. Was Foote, the player, worth what he was asking for? No, but he wasnt just a player, he was the captain, one you expect to be the spokesman of the team, bleed for the team, and be the overall leader of the team. The team wasnt willing to pay for it. He made a mistake in leaving Colorado, I mean, whats the better backyard scenery, Rocky Mountains or the flat Columbus Ohio . So it was going to cost more to stay here then to go back home where he wanted to be, and we werent willing to pay it. I have no problem with that. At least he requested to be traded so we could get something for him, instead of playing out the season here and getting nothing. Yes he used his no trade clause to his advantage, thats why they have it, no? And for the private jet thing, I have to think it possibly played out as his agent saying the night before the deadline "it doesnt look like they'll pay what we want, lets have something ready". Or even if it was Foote's idea, they knew they werent going to sign. And its hardly an act of god to charter a jet (trust me, I work at jet charter company), so its not like he schemed this huge master plan to get out of Columbus. So any RJ fans out there need to be thankful that we got a 1st round pick for Foote that ended up getting RJ on this team. So to me, there was a little bit of SOB on Foote's side (not overly surprising with the type of player he is), and a little bit of cheap organization. But I wont be booing him

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 12:16 PM
anteater90

Booooooo!

Go Jackets!

anteater90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 12:33 PM
ScreamingWild
Jobu Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
For those wanting to boo foot, keep in mind who you got out of the deal . He could have chose to play out the season when he knew he wasnt going to resign and we'd of got nothing for him, no RJ on the team. I was an Avs fan before the Jackets, so Foote was one of my favorite players. He is exactly what this team is missing.....a nasty SOB, that if you so much as breath on the goaltender, you were paying for it! Had he lost a step due to age, yes but he's a nasty SOB, and this team sorely lacks that.

I dont like how it played out, but I completely understand the situation. Was Foote, the player, worth what he was asking for? No, but he wasnt just a player, he was the captain, one you expect to be the spokesman of the team, bleed for the team, and be the overall leader of the team. The team wasnt willing to pay for it. He made a mistake in leaving Colorado, I mean, whats the better backyard scenery, Rocky Mountains or the flat Columbus Ohio . So it was going to cost more to stay here then to go back home where he wanted to be, and we werent willing to pay it. I have no problem with that. At least he requested to be traded so we could get something for him, instead of playing out the season here and getting nothing. Yes he used his no trade clause to his advantage, thats why they have it, no? And for the private jet thing, I have to think it possibly played out as his agent saying the night before the deadline "it doesnt look like they'll pay what we want, lets have something ready". Or even if it was Foote's idea, they knew they werent going to sign. And its hardly an act of god to charter a jet (trust me, I work at jet charter company), so its not like he schemed this huge master plan to get out of Columbus. So any RJ fans out there need to be thankful that we got a 1st round pick for Foote that ended up getting RJ on this team. So to me, there was a little bit of SOB on Foote's side (not overly surprising with the type of player he is), and a little bit of cheap organization. But I wont be booing him
Bang on! 'Nut nailed the glaring deficit this team has in the SOB category. Been saying that for awhile. It would be nice if this team would show some passion instead of continually apologizing for the lack thereof. As far as tonight's game, the fan's might hold a grudge against Foote but I don't think you would find one player in the dressing room sharing that need for revenge. I don't expect them to play that way either.

He didn't leave under the best circumstances but who in hell cares?

ScreamingWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Hilliardsw55
Johnson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingWild View Post
Bang on! 'Nut nailed the glaring deficit this team has in the SOB category. Been saying that for awhile. It would be nice if this team would show some passion instead of continually apologizing for the lack thereof. As far as tonight's game, the fan's might hold a grudge against Foote but I don't think you would find one player in the dressing room sharing that need for revenge. I don't expect them to play that way either.

He didn't leave under the best circumstances but who in hell cares?
It reminds me of the south park episode in this last season...

We are all stuck in purgatory...until we see Foote at Nationwide...we will just be waiting to cross over.

Hilliardsw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
I seriously don't care about this Foote crap at all; I didn't when he left, I don't now. I just want this ****ing team to win.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Adam Foote's going to hell for leaving a team? Interesting.

It's been nearly two years, and we are a far better team, both with what we got and the fact that we no longer have to see him get beat to the puck with regularity.

Some Blue Jackets fans need to stop the "Jilted Lover" act and move on.

Besides, Filatov is the bigger quitter.

12-05-2009, 02:11 PM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Adam Foote's going to hell for leaving a team? Interesting.
Not saying he will for sure, but there is a good chance for what he did

Im still upset about it. But I do realize the best way to get back is for the Jackets to win tonight and beat them by 3-4 goals. I would love that.

Call me childish, but I continue to harbor hard feelings.

I encourage the entire crowd to boo him every time he touches the puck, has his name announced etc.

MattTheMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 02:18 PM
skimp

Thou shalt not orchestrate thy own trade.

skimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 02:29 PM
RBarRegular

Just win the freaking game and I'll be happy. In fact, Foote can get a hattie tonight - I don't care... AS LONG AS WE WIN!!!!

Go Jackets.

RBarRegular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 02:41 PM
trashmouth12

Awesome GDT!

trashmouth12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 02:58 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

seeing Public Enemy #52 get his lunch handed to him tonight would make me feel better... if only for a night....

Punch Foote in the Face.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheMask View Post
Not saying he will for sure, but there is a good chance for what he did

Im still upset about it. But I do realize the best way to get back is for the Jackets to win tonight and beat them by 3-4 goals. I would love that.

Call me childish, but I continue to harbor hard feelings.

I encourage the entire crowd to boo him every time he touches the puck, has his name announced etc.
I'm more upset with him for his play in Columbus, not his departure. It's kind of gotten lost in the scrum that resulted in his exit, but he was pretty bad. Colorado fans seem to have the same complaints about his play that we did, so addition by not having a 2.5 mil 3rd pairing defensman around.

I'm glad he left the way he did. It saved us 2-3 years of Billy from the Spacious Lots Trailer Park calling in to the post-game show to tell us how Foote was a role model to his son Dipstick, because of his leadership and character and that the CBJ should have never let him go.

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 03:13 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
It's been nearly two years, and we are a far better team, both with what we got and the fact that we no longer have to see him get beat to the puck with regularity.

Some Blue Jackets fans need to stop the "Jilted Lover" act and move on.
Like I said, RJ>Foote. Hindsight being 20/20, he can enjoy his blizzards in September. We won.

But at the time, it ruined us. It knocked the wheels off when we were within striking distance of a playoff spot. Instead of being a leader & maybe making our inaugural trip to Games 83-86 come a year earlier, he longed for the mountains and the days of the early 2000s. He got his wish, realized his dream of returning to "where his heart was", and our most promising season to that point got flushed.

Making it worse is that he seemed to wimpily say "I tried to make it work with you guys...but we just couldn't make it happen...I'm so sad...", even though he knew where he was going & was going to do what it took to make it happen. Even if GMSH offered him his $4M, I still think he would've left.

Wing fans let Fedorov have it every time he returned to the Joe after he chased dollar signs to Anaheim.

Last edited by CBJSprague24: 12-05-2009 at 03:20 PM.
CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Like I said, RJ>Foote.

But at the time, it ruined us. It knocked the wheels off when we were within striking distance of a playoff spot. Instead of being a leader & maybe making our inaugural trip to Games 83-86 come a year earlier, he longed for the mountains and the days of the early 2000s. He got his wish, and our most promising season to that point got flushed.

That's why it pisses me off.

Sergei wanted money & left Detroit. He was booed every time he hit the ice at the Joe from then on.
I'm not going to get into specifics, but the CBJ weren't going to make the playoffs that year. It was possible, but they were fading pretty badly. It would have required a hell of a run.

And I didn't say anything about not booing him. I'll be joining in. I just think that some of the things people have said about Foote are a bit..."over the top"

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 03:19 PM
CzechMate93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
I seriously don't care about this Foote crap at all; I didn't when he left, I don't now. I just want this ****ing team to win.
Maybe I'm immature, but I'm looking forward to the chance to BOO #52 tonight, too. More importantly though, I want the good guys to win - and come out with some spark tonight. But a boo might be fun, too, if only for tonight.

CzechMate93 is offline   Reply With Quote