HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#26: Capitals at Flyers - December 5, 2009 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2009, 02:44 PM
  #101
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 11,808
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Actually, not tonight for some reason. They often do...
I guess because of the SJ/CAL game at 10 pm EST on TCN...

SnS is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 02:56 PM
  #102
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,219
vCash: 500
Well the Caps are really strong, top of the standings and all.

Don't kill Lavy if we lose tonight, give the guy a chance.

Wolfy is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 03:00 PM
  #103
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,935
vCash: 500
Bleh, still no stream.
If anyone's slingbox is free for the night, please send me a PM and I'll be forever grateful.

Vikke is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 03:13 PM
  #104
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Bleh, still no stream.
If anyone's slingbox is free for the night, please send me a PM and I'll be forever grateful.
If there are no streams of this game, I'll be furious. DAMN YOU STATE COLLEGE COMCAST! Why, oh why do you black out games on CSN?!

RIPRichardsCarter is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 03:18 PM
  #105
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
If there are no streams of this game, I'll be furious. DAMN YOU STATE COLLEGE COMCAST! Why, oh why do you black out games on CSN?!
Sports bars, people. Sports bars. Or, ****, even some Applebee's and Uno's and ****.

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 03:21 PM
  #106
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Sports bars, people. Sports bars. Or, ****, even some Applebee's and Uno's and ****.
I'm not 21 and I refuse to waste 20 dollars on **** quality food. It would just be 100x easier if they didn't black out games. I really don't get it. We get CSN, we get Sixers games, Phillies games, but Flyers games are blacked out.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 03:21 PM
  #107
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Sports bars, people. Sports bars. Or, ****, even some Applebee's and Uno's and ****.
Yeah, I'm gonna go outside, find a sports bar that doesn't exist within 50 km's, that is open to 4am and also televises a game that's not broadcasted at all in Europe.

Vikke is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 03:27 PM
  #108
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Yeah, I'm gonna go outside, find a sports bar that doesn't exist within 50 km's, that is open to 4am and also televises a game that's not broadcasted at all in Europe.
Alright, I'll buy that excuse. But at 4 AM on sunday morning you should be ****faced and balls deep anyway.

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 03:28 PM
  #109
Centauris*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Yeah, I'm gonna go outside, find a sports bar that doesn't exist within 50 km's, that is open to 4am and also televises a game that's not broadcasted at all in Europe.

hahahahahah

Centauris* is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 03:33 PM
  #110
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,291
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Sports bars, people. Sports bars. Or, ****, even some Applebee's and Uno's and ****.
yeah, don't see the Michigan natives being too chuffed with me trying to watch a Flyers game.

LEIFey is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 03:40 PM
  #111
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Alright, I'll buy that excuse. But at 4 AM on sunday morning you should be ****faced and balls deep anyway.
Yeah, but I've been sober for 12 weeks or so, I kinda don't like being drunk anymore. The occassional philly blunt is sweet, but no booze.
Plus, I'm working 11pm on friday nights, saturdays off, start at 2pm sundays, so I don't really have time to be ****faced. And I'd rather watch hockey and play poker anyway.

Vikke is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 03:41 PM
  #112
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
yeah, don't see the Michigan natives being too chuffed with me trying to watch a Flyers game.
Just tell them that their entire state is dying a slow, horrific death and that they need to watch a Flyers game and have a nice, hot cup of shut the **** up... at least while they still have jobs to pay for it.

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 03:44 PM
  #113
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Just tell them that their entire state is dying a slow, horrific death and that they need to watch a Flyers game and have a nice, hot cup of shut the **** up... at least while they still have jobs to pay for it.
Or just ask them "Don't you guys have cars to build or something?"

Sorry if anyone is offended and/or affected in a negative way.

Vikke is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 03:45 PM
  #114
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Yeah, I'm gonna go outside, find a sports bar that doesn't exist within 50 km's, that is open to 4am and also televises a game that's not broadcasted at all in Europe.
Can't you afford a few bucks on hockeystreams or something? I've noticed you keep asking for streams in every GDT, when you're that interested I'd go for a site providing quality streams.

Wolfy is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 03:45 PM
  #115
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Or just ask them "Don't you guys have cars to build or something?"
Not anymore, they don't.

UseYourAllusion is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 03:48 PM
  #116
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Can't you afford a few bucks on hockeystreams or something? I've noticed you keep asking for streams in every GDT, when you're that interested I'd go for a site providing quality streams.
Of course I can, but I don't want to pay hockeystreams for their shady business and I don't want to pay ESPN360 for a service that is way worse than the one North Americans are offered. So no.

Vikke is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 03:51 PM
  #117
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Or just ask them "Don't you guys have cars to build or something?"

Sorry if anyone is offended and/or affected in a negative way.
So polite.

Also, you cannot buy a car within the city limits of Detroit anymore. The last dealership just closed. Also, you cannot buy groceries either.

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 03:51 PM
  #118
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Of course I can, but I don't want to pay hockeystreams for their shady business and I don't want to pay ESPN360 for a service that is way worse than the one North Americans are offered. So no.
You can probably buy the American one if you can deal with the proxies.

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 03:55 PM
  #119
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
You can probably buy the American one if you can deal with the proxies.
Yeah, I know, I might do that in January when I know what's up with my current job. If I have to work 7am-4pm it's really no idea to throw out that money since I won't be able to watch a single live game anyway.

Vikke is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 04:00 PM
  #120
ugiswrong
Registered User
 
ugiswrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: deutschland
Country: United States
Posts: 784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Or just ask them "Don't you guys have cars to build or something?"

Sorry if anyone is offended and/or affected in a negative way.
Dude, America isn't Sweden, where if you say anything remotely controversial, say towards non-integrating immigrants, you get accused of being a racist.

Here in America, you offend people when you promote something like health insurance for young inner-city hockey kids whose parents otherwise couldn't afford it.

ugiswrong is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 04:04 PM
  #121
ugiswrong
Registered User
 
ugiswrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: deutschland
Country: United States
Posts: 784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Then who do you throw down there? Giroux? JVR? Briere? We have 7 top 6 players. That means one of them HAS to play on the 3rd line
You put the worst one of the seven down there.

To me that's easily Hartnell.

ugiswrong is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 04:05 PM
  #122
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugiswrong View Post
You put the worst one of the seven down there.

To me that's easily Hartnell.
There's more to it then that.

I don't want Hartnell anywhere near a checking line.

UseYourAllusion is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 04:07 PM
  #123
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugiswrong View Post
Dude, America isn't Sweden, where if you say anything remotely controversial, say towards non-integrating immigrants, you get accused of being a racist.

Here in America, you offend people when you promote something like health insurance for young inner-city hockey kids whose parents otherwise couldn't afford it.
Yah, I wasn't all that serious with it.
Sweden is so PC all the time, in some schools they banned the national anthem and t-shirts with the Swedish flag to not offend immigrants. That's just absurd.

Vikke is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 04:13 PM
  #124
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Yah, I wasn't all that serious with it.
Sweden is so PC all the time, in some schools they banned the national anthem and t-shirts with the Swedish flag to not offend immigrants. That's just absurd.
Damn. I mean, statistically Sweden is kicking a lot of ass compared to just about anybody in so many categories. But stuff like that must be annoying as hell.

At least you guys have plenty of hot chicks and gelatinous shark fin, or whatever you eat .

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 04:14 PM
  #125
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Damn. I mean, statistically Sweden is kicking a lot of ass compared to just about anybody in so many categories. But stuff like that must be annoying as hell.

At least you guys have plenty of hot chicks and gelatinous shark fin, or whatever you eat .
Plus, they gave us Ikea.

UseYourAllusion is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.