Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Luke Adam

Old
11-24-2009, 12:46 PM
EvenStrengthHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Q professor View Post
We would have to give Hertzberg & Shaw and pick for Knotek,LeSieur our first and holden 3rd for cormier.Even if we could do that Would that be enough? Either way it would be quite the team, Hell lets send ellis at the draft and bring Deschamp for a run

Can't see Ellis going anywhere!

EvenStrengthHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 02:26 PM
cantwell7

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenStrengthHockey View Post
Even Strength Sources are telling Even Strength this last week that Eagles GM & Head Coach Mario Durocher is looking into trading for Patrice Cormier because he is saying now that they got Luke Adam might as well go for it. Names to have heard to be going is LeSieur , Shaw, Nikita Pivtsakin, Holden (Which would see Dupud going to Cape Breton as well) and draft picks. Also heard to be in the mix for Mario is Tomas Knotek. I guess we will see around X-mas time folks
Not sure who your sources are but they aren't hearing very well or they are easily tricked. Pivtsakin is off the Eagles protected list and is talking with Drummondville about joining the team after the Subway Series. Many people think that Cormier is off to R-N as part of the M-A Bourdon trade from last Christmas. If he doesnt end up there teams like Saint John and Moncton will be looking into his services more than the Eagles would be. EDIT: Also Dupud is 20 years old so the Eagles would not take him on as a 20yr old back up.

As for Knotek, I think that the Eagles are pleased with there Euro's.

If there is any big name players I see the Eagles taking a run at it is , Dechampes and Legace. Those players could complement Adam. Many people don't see Cormier as a complement to Adam's style.

Last edited by cantwell7: 11-27-2009 at 08:12 PM.
cantwell7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 04:14 PM
The Q professor

rouyn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwell7 View Post
Not sure who your sources are but they aren't hearing very well or they are easily tricked. Pivtsakin is off the Eagles protected list and is talking with Drummondville about joining the team after the Subway Series. Many people think that Cormier is off to R-N as part of the M-A Bourdon trade from last Christmas. If he doesnt end up there teams like Saint John and Moncton will be looking into his services more than the Eagles would be.

If there is any big name players I see the Eagles taking a run at it is , Dechampes and Legace. Those players could complement Adam. Many people don't see Cormier as a complement to Adam's style.
I think it would be a waste for R-N unless they do not have to give up much. I forgot about Drummondville at this point if they were to ad knotek in stead and another solid 20 well that could be the team Can anyone ad enough to beat saint john or drummondville?

The Q professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Bjindaho

Quote:
I think it would be a waste for R-N unless they do not have to give up much. I forgot about Drummondville at this point if they were to ad knotek in stead and another solid 20 well that could be the team Can anyone ad enough to beat saint john or drummondville?
Teams to look out for for that are Victoriaville, Rouyn-Noranda, and Quebec.

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 09:22 AM
cantwell7

Quote:
If Drummodville adds Pivtsakin like they are rumored too , they wont have any Euro spots open. They already have Ondjei Palet who is playing very well.

If Saint John add a top flight goaltender like Jake Allen and add another forward or maybe a depth defencemen there will be no-one that can run with them this year. imo

Old
11-30-2009, 10:54 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Forbes View Post
I'm not denying that. He's playing well. All of my comments have a lot more to do with the way that Hockey Canada brass have chosen their U-20 team over the past 10 years than it has to do with Adam's individual accomplishments.

He has a shot, he's earned that much with his play. But it is far from a slam dunk and personally, I don't think he'll be on the team. I might be wrong and I'll willingly eat crow if I am. I must confess ignorance to who he will be competing for a roster spot with from the OHL and the WHL.
Very fair to assume by what u are going by,I watched Adams play last nite and he scored 3 more goals vs Drummondville,(top 5 team in Canada rankings)All 3 were beauties and the 2nd one was unreal.He took pass and split the D at top speed and somehow finished it,I think if he does not get picked to play its a mistake,the kid is a big time player.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 10:57 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Not sure who your sources are but they aren't hearing very well or they are easily tricked. Pivtsakin is off the Eagles protected list and is talking with Drummondville about joining the team after the Subway Series. Many people think that Cormier is off to R-N as part of the M-A Bourdon trade from last Christmas. If he doesnt end up there teams like Saint John and Moncton will be looking into his services more than the Eagles would be. EDIT: Also Dupud is 20 years old so the Eagles would not take him on as a 20yr old back up.

I agree with u,thats players i see Eagles going after as well.They are playing without Ward now over 5 weeks and Horyl too.Add them back and get 2 u talk about and they will be tough.

Old
11-30-2009, 01:31 PM
cantwell7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
I agree with u,thats players i see Eagles going after as well.They are playing without Ward now over 5 weeks and Horyl too.Add them back and get 2 u talk about and they will be tough.
Yes , that would make them a tough team to play against. But you risk losing Ellis , LeSiuer , Jodion , Roy/Meilluer as futures and picks when you may not get out of the 2nd round.

The Eagles are better off selling , and getting kings ransom for Adam & Ward and netting a decent return for guys like MacNeil , Broduer and Holden. I know they won't do that , they will more than likely tweak like they did last year and move nowheres in terms of this year or the future.

Also I would like to know what Even Strength was thinking when he posted that "rumored" trade between CB and Rimouski . One of the players CB no longer has and one of the players coming CB's way would be a 20yr old back up.

Old
12-02-2009, 07:07 PM
DTUCKER16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
There'll be 2 Q players on the WJHC team.
Cormier and Allen, that's my prediction.
theres a brave prediction....lol

DTUCKER16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 11:31 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Yes , that would make them a tough team to play against. But you risk losing Ellis , LeSiuer , Jodion , Roy/Meilluer as futures and picks when you may not get out of the 2nd round.

The Eagles are better off selling , and getting kings ransom for Adam & Ward and netting a decent return for guys like MacNeil , Broduer and Holden. I know they won't do that , they will more than likely tweak like they did last year and move nowheres in terms of this year or the future.

Also I would like to know what Even Strength was thinking when he posted that "rumored" trade between CB and Rimouski . One of the players CB no longer has and one of the players coming CB's way would be a 20yr old back up.
My gut tells me Eagles are gonna do a deal where Roy moves at draft.just my gut. Eagles should have did what u said last year with Culligan Slaney ,etc..and nope not sure what he was referring too By the way Luke Adam got selected to attend Canada,s camp.Good for him,guy has been unreal so far.

Old
12-03-2009, 05:44 PM
lazsloo*

Quote:
I am a season ticket holder with the eagles the only way Adam is not making that team is an injury. This kid is amazing he is one of if not the best forward in the q,for that matter he is one of the best 19 year olds in the country

Ok i think you may have fell out of your bed and hit your head this morning, to say Adam is on of the top 19 year olds in the country is just hilarious, and to also state he is the best forward in the Q right now is even more funny..... Wake the Eff up would ya

lazsloo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:53 PM
cantwell7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazsloo View Post
Ok i think you may have fell out of your bed and hit your head this morning, to say Adam is on of the top 19 year olds in the country is just hilarious, and to also state he is the best forward in the Q right now is even more funny..... Wake the Eff up would ya

First Post.

Old
12-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Bjindaho

The post about Adam was a bit over the top. IMO, he is the best forward in the Q right now, but that is at this level (where his skating deficiencies aren't as glaring). He is unlikely to be on the World Junior team though.

Old
12-04-2009, 05:40 AM
cantwell7

The post was very accurate. He is one of the best players in the Q, no doubts and he is one of the best 19yr old's in the CHL, note his invite to the WJC camp. He sure isnt the best in the whole league, but he's up there.

Old
12-04-2009, 11:25 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
The post about Adam was a bit over the top. IMO, he is the best forward in the Q right now, but that is at this level (where his skating deficiencies aren't as glaring). He is unlikely to be on the World Junior team though.
Well i saw him the other nite tear top 4 team in the country apart.His skating looked fine to me when he split the d with a beauty goal.like him or not,he is a terrific player and can finish.Put it this way,he is a better player then Brad Marchand was at same age.And he made team Canada.

Old
12-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Bjindaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
Well i saw him the other nite tear top 4 team in the country apart.His skating looked fine to me when he split the d with a beauty goal.like him or not,he is a terrific player and can finish.Put it this way,he is a better player then Brad Marchand was at same age.And he made team Canada.
Brad Marchand is a 4-line player. Adam is top 6.

Old
12-04-2009, 09:51 PM
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!

With all the talk about Luke Adam, there is no way I'm going to miss this guy when he comes to Lewiston. They play here on the 13th, will he still be on the team by then? I don't know when players report for the WJC camp, but hopefully its not that early. Lewiston doesn't play Cape Breton at home again this season. Do you think he'll be back for another season as an overager or is he in the NHL by next season?

BobbyRyan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 10:18 PM
sickest flow bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
Brad Marchand is a 4-line player. Adam is top 6.
Marchand played on team Canada's top line alongside Claude Giroux and Kyle Turris in 2008.

sickest flow bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Bjindaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaryshuskies View Post
Marchand played on team Canada's top line alongside Claude Giroux and Kyle Turris in 2008.
Yes, a 4 line player can play on any line. A top 6 player can only play top 6. Adam is nowhere near physical enough or defensively aware to be a bottom 6 guy.

Old
12-05-2009, 06:32 AM
cantwell7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRyan9 View Post
With all the talk about Luke Adam, there is no way I'm going to miss this guy when he comes to Lewiston. They play here on the 13th, will he still be on the team by then? I don't know when players report for the WJC camp, but hopefully its not that early. Lewiston doesn't play Cape Breton at home again this season. Do you think he'll be back for another season as an overager or is he in the NHL by next season?
Camp starts on the 12th. So no you won't see him.

Old
12-05-2009, 11:38 AM
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!

Quote:
Camp starts on the 12th. So no you won't see him.
I'm going to just miss him, that sucks. Maybe he'll play another year of junior or if Buffalo ever sends him down to the AHL, I'll be able to see him play every single game. I wanted to see Tyler Myers play, but that never ended up happening.

BobbyRyan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 03:52 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Adam was the most dominant player offensively when they played against the Russians. He was better tha Cormier, Caron, Cornet... so why doesn't he have a chance to make it?

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Bjindaho

Because Taylor Hall's line is eligible (2 drafted players and Hall) and Hodgson and Eberle are expected to play together with whoever the big gun of choice is. That would likely have to be the spot Adam takes.

His skating at this level is average (possibly even slightly above average), but at the World Junior level, he is below average. It's not that he isn't a good player, just that he isn't the best fit.

Old
12-06-2009, 07:38 PM
kyle44

I agree with Bjindaho, the one thing that will keep Adam off of this team is his skating, he is a physical force in front of the net and an excellent scorer but canada has others that can fill that role who are also better skaters.. Adam would need play on the top two lines to make this team, he is not suited as a grinder and when he isnt scoring he doesnt do much else

kyle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Mathletic

4 goal game last night

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote