HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Jussi Jokinin

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-18-2004, 12:43 PM
  #1
Starsdude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,523
vCash: 500
Jussi Jokinin

Stars prospect had a 5 point game in the Rosno games. Hagos has also had a great touney. I still believe these are underated guys both of which can and will be top 9 forwards as early as next season(if there is one)

Starsdude is offline  
Old
12-18-2004, 01:12 PM
  #2
Chaos
3, 2, 1
 
Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 7,765
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Chaos
I would just love to see all the hype this guy would have surrounding him had he been drafted by say Detroit or Montreal instead of Dallas .

Chaos is offline  
Old
12-18-2004, 03:03 PM
  #3
An Ape called Yoko
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Gothenborg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude
Stars prospect had a 5 point game in the Rosno games. Hagos has also had a great touney. I still believe these are underated guys both of which can and will be top 9 forwards as early as next season(if there is one)
Hagos development has been awesome the last two years!
He is turning out to be quite the steal!

An Ape called Yoko is offline  
Old
12-18-2004, 03:30 PM
  #4
x-bob
Registered User
 
x-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
I would just love to see all the hype this guy would have surrounding him had he been drafted by say Detroit or Montreal instead of Dallas .
We don't hype our playerrs

x-bob is offline  
Old
12-18-2004, 04:24 PM
  #5
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The bushes
Country: United States
Posts: 8,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
I would just love to see all the hype this guy would have surrounding him had he been drafted by say Detroit or Montreal instead of Dallas .

oh shut up, nobody even talks about the Wings prospects. And, the detroit fans never even bring up their prospects, so can it.

Vatican Roulette is offline  
Old
12-18-2004, 05:48 PM
  #6
Sampe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vantaa
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,648
vCash: 500
Speaking of Wings prospects, Valtteri Filppula has been one of the better Finns in the same tournament.

Sampe is offline  
Old
12-18-2004, 10:59 PM
  #7
Chaos
3, 2, 1
 
Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 7,765
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
oh shut up, nobody even talks about the Wings prospects. And, the detroit fans never even bring up their prospects, so can it.
Does the name Igor Grigorenko ring a bell? And you are telling me that if a 21 year old 6th round pick, coming off 2 very good seasons in a top European league, and now dominating 2 straight international tournaments weren't drafted by a team like Detroit we would be hearing how he's the next big thing(like we did with Grigorenko)?


Last edited by Chaos: 12-18-2004 at 11:20 PM.
Chaos is offline  
Old
12-19-2004, 03:39 AM
  #8
Ajacied
Remember #9
 
Ajacied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 23,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
Does the name Igor Grigorenko ring a bell? And you are telling me that if a 21 year old 6th round pick, coming off 2 very good seasons in a top European league, and now dominating 2 straight international tournaments weren't drafted by a team like Detroit we would be hearing how he's the next big thing(like we did with Grigorenko)?
Nah I am with Datsuyk here. The Wings fanbase used to praise and hype their prospects quite a lot about 2 years ago and before that. But they have actually been fairly quiet since. Even Jiri Hudler gets more praise from non-Wing fans than Wing fans. And Igor had every reason to be hyped at the time. The Habs and Leafs are the two fanbases that hype their prospects the most IMO.

Ajacied is offline  
Old
12-19-2004, 06:48 AM
  #9
An Ape called Yoko
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Gothenborg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 500
I think Red Wing fans should continue to talk about their prospects. Because they have scouts who cares nothing about size and has taken some really seriously great late picks. Datsyuk, Zetterberg etc...

Niklas Kronwall had been overlooked his draftyear and they took him the next year in the first round. How often do you see someone take an overlooked 5'11" defense prospect???

An Ape called Yoko is offline  
Old
12-19-2004, 09:16 AM
  #10
Chaos
3, 2, 1
 
Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 7,765
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Nah I am with Datsuyk here. The Wings fanbase used to praise and hype their prospects quite a lot about 2 years ago and before that. But they have actually been fairly quiet since. Even Jiri Hudler gets more praise from non-Wing fans than Wing fans. And Igor had every reason to be hyped at the time. The Habs and Leafs are the two fanbases that hype their prospects the most IMO.
Yeah, and nowhere did I say hyped by Wings fans. All I said was imagine the hype if he had been drafted by Detroit or Montreal, because he'd be hyped like Hudler is around here.

Chaos is offline  
Old
12-19-2004, 12:33 PM
  #11
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The bushes
Country: United States
Posts: 8,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
Yeah, and nowhere did I say hyped by Wings fans. All I said was imagine the hype if he had been drafted by Detroit or Montreal, because he'd be hyped like Hudler is around here.
Hudler is hyped? by who?

He wasn't on HF'd top 50 list...

And the hype he did get was well founded. He was supposed to be a top 10 pick in his draft year, but slipped for various reasons. Add to that that he then was at a PPG in the Czech superleague after his draft year. Also, he almost made a very deep wings roster in his 1st season in NA. This year he was still at a PPG in the AHL before he went back over to Czech to be with his dying father.

...and he's still not on the HF's top 50 list.

the praise he gets around here is few and far between for putting up the kind of #'s a 5'9" smurf puts up in the best development league in the world.

i haven't even seen his name mentioned in the past month on the prospects board.

Vatican Roulette is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.