HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Acadmus

vCash: 500
Rumors thread

Since people insist on posting rumors from every half-assed site on the web I'm going to start a dedicated, stickied thread for such garbage to be discussed.

Rumors may be posted here from any source. We'll take no responsibility for their validity. Bear in mind the rumor must still comply with HFBoard rules (i.e. nothing about a player's personal life, no libel, no outlandish claims of insider knowledge that hasn't been vetted by the board's administrators, etc.).

From henceforth, threads started about rumors will be deleted or moved here, whichever I or the other mods particularly feel like doing on the given day.

11-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Georgia Panther

I heard a rumor that a New Jersey Born, Florida Transplant who moved to Northern Georgia five years ago who hates goalies and worships Mike Keenan read on an infamous internet site that is run by an idiot or genius (depending on how you view larceny) who has the nerve (balls) to charge people or fools (depending on how you view guliblity and/or stupidity) for the privilege (amusement) of reading made up hockey trade rumors that the Montreal Canadiens are hot and heavy for Nathan Horton and are in "deep discussions" with the Florida Panthers. The Habs reportedly are so in love with Horton they are willing to trade a "significant defensive prospect" for Florida's leading scorer because Florida certainly has offense to spare and thin in defensive prospects.

Old
11-28-2009, 12:26 AM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
I heard a rumor that a New Jersey Born, Florida Transplant who moved to Northern Georgia five years ago who hates goalies and worships Mike Keenan read on an infamous internet site that is run by an idiot or genius (depending on how you view larceny) who has the nerve (balls) to charge people or fools (depending on how you view guliblity and/or stupidity) for the privilege (amusement) of reading made up hockey trade rumors that the Montreal Canadiens are hot and heavy for Nathan Horton and are in "deep discussions" with the Florida Panthers. The Habs reportedly are so in love with Horton they are willing to trade a "significant defensive prospect" for Florida's leading scorer because Florida certainly has offense to spare and thin in defensive prospects.
LOL. The Habs don't even have any significant D prospects left good enough to trade for Horton. They already gave McDonagh away for free. Facepalm, Eklund.

Old
11-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Horton has 20pts in 24 games so far this season and most of those were in the last 15 games. He is on fire right now so I doubt he will be traded. He has also meshed well with Weiss and Frolik! Helping both come out of a slump at the start of the season. IMO I think that line should stay together even when Booth comes back! Booth and Rhino could have good chemistry together!

Horton is finally starting to play to his potential and I think we should not mess with that line!

Old
11-28-2009, 10:36 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Horton has 20pts in 24 games so far this season and most of those were in the last 15 games. He is on fire right now so I doubt he will be traded. He has also meshed well with Weiss and Frolik! Helping both come out of a slump at the start of the season. IMO I think that line should stay together even when Booth comes back! Booth and Rhino could have good chemistry together!

Horton is finally starting to play to his potential and I think we should not mess with that line!
We should not mess with Horton at all! Whatever is happening off the ice, its really taking its toll on Nate. You can see that he is really enjoying himself right now, just watch his emotion when the team scores, not just himself. I think he is finally starting to notice his skill and take pride in his play, and its really showing! He is never going to be that superstar player for us, but for the amount he is paid, if he can contribute like this, he would be well worth it, and a BIG mistake to trade away.

Old
12-01-2009, 05:45 AM
Boooooth10

I know you guys are going to love this one.

"I am hearing some rather surprising stuff coming out of Florida and California tonight regarding the fact that the Panthers may have interest in Scott Gomez." -Eklund

Old
12-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Biggzy*

I'd take him on re-entry waivers.

Old
12-01-2009, 09:30 AM
RainingRats

I also would take Gomez on re-entry waivers. If I'm correct in believing his contract is half that for the entire term. He is 30 years old though and we would have him for 4 or 5 more years. At half price it isn't bad.

Old
12-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
This same person (obviously unbalanced and delusional) continued to read on that infamous website today that the Panthers and Montreal Canadians are not only in deep discussions about a trade involving Nathan Horton but actually are "closing in" on the trade which now involves a Western Canada team as part of a second trade. Horton must be packing his bags as I write!!!

Old
12-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Georgia Panther

Eklund is a joke but I could see Horton being moved if the Cats continue to struggle as the New Owners try to make a big splash to show that they care. Of course, a big name must be coming back to have any positive impact and such a name would be Phaneuf. Some offense would have to also be coming back so I can see maybe a Ballard and Allen or Leopold included to bring back a forward as well.

Old
12-05-2009, 08:39 PM
FlaPanthers7

I would not want a 30-year old Gomez even at half his salary for another 4-5 years. Yikes!

Old
12-05-2009, 11:34 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
I would not want a 30-year old Gomez even at half his salary for another 4-5 years. Yikes!
I agree. I do not want anything to do with Gomez. He has never impressed me.

Old
12-05-2009, 11:52 PM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
Experience, he has probably more playoffs games than Panthers' whole team plus it would be a good marketing trick. I wonder if he speaks spanish.

JOL

Old
12-06-2009, 12:26 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
Gomez is a really good player. Problem is, he should be making about half of what he makes.

Old
12-06-2009, 12:30 AM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
Experience, he has probably more playoffs games than Panthers' whole team plus it would be a good marketing trick. I wonder if he speaks spanish.

JOL
When the reason why we should sign him is this...I definitely don't want him. That's something the Panthers organization says when they sign an average player to make them look better. This isn't the same team they went to the playoffs with.

Gomez has a terrible contract. No thanks.

Old
12-06-2009, 02:50 AM
RatCat20

Gomez and Horton would be great together!!

Oh wait....

I still think Horton is a #1 Center, set up man away from reaching his full potential.

Old
12-06-2009, 07:48 AM
Georgia Panther

With all the talk of "accountability" and establishing a "winning culture" by the new general partners as the losing streak continues and the Cats sit near the bottom of the standings, one can't help to wonder when the axe begins to fly. Kreps is the obvious choice as the short term sacificial lamb with a demotion to Rochester but if you take the new owners at their word, bigger fish need to fry. Garrioch writes this morning that Sexton has called every team in the league desperate to make a deal to save his job.

The word is Florida Panthers GM Randy Sexton is ready to hit the panic button and is dying to make a change. He can't afford not to make the playoffs and has called every team in the league looking to deal.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hoc...55606-sun.html

Old
12-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Boooooth10

Then maybe they are looking to get rid of Horton. If we do I hope we're going to get more than just draft picks and ****ing Gomez.

Old
12-06-2009, 11:45 AM
FlaPanthers7

I really wish Eklund would stop using things like the Canadiens "closing in" on Horton. It's like a marathon of negotiations are going on which I just find ridiculous. I know we need a #1 center, but Gomez??? His contract is utterly ridiculous and is he really a #1 center anymore? Methinks not. Too bad we didn't go after Cammellari last summer...

Old
12-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
I really wish Eklund would stop using things like the Canadiens "closing in" on Horton. It's like a marathon of negotiations are going on which I just find ridiculous. I know we need a #1 center, but Gomez??? His contract is utterly ridiculous and is he really a #1 center anymore? Methinks not. Too bad we didn't go after Cammellari last summer...
Add to that, right now Weiss is playing like a #1 center.

Old
12-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Panthers607
HFBoards Sponsor

A Horton for Gomez trade would almost be in the same division as the Luongo trade...

Old
12-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Georgia Panther

Report: Panthers shopping Vokoun

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/fla091211.html

Old
12-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Laus723
Future Now

TFP is a joke, GP, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they moved out any of those guys. I personally don't think Vokoun will be our goalie next season.

12-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Hmm....Botta is supposedly credible, does a lot of Isles news. It's true we would have a hard time moving him during the season though. Not many teams really need a goalie of his caliber/can fit him under the cap. Deadline or draft would be better.

Old
12-11-2009, 04:41 PM
RainingRats

Vokoun for Gagne and Emery would make sense.

Closed Thread