HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hab prospect discussion

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2004, 02:07 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Hab prospect discussion

I made a mistake by posting my opinions, as it's not professional and I should have known better. But if you want to post your opinions or rankings of the prospects, feel free to do so here.

Old
12-17-2004, 02:12 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I made a mistake by posting my opinions, as it's not professional and I should have known better. But if you want to post your opinions or rankings of the prospects, feel free to do so here.
Whats wrong with posting your opinions?

Its what HF is all about. So we can get different views on different players and prospects.

Old
12-17-2004, 03:02 PM
Ace2000

Send a message via ICQ to Ace2000
Quote:

where did you post this? i'd be really interested in reading your personal opinions.
thanks

Old
12-17-2004, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2000
where did you post this? i'd be really interested in reading your personal opinions.
thanks
same here

Old
12-17-2004, 03:15 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Huh ?

Old
12-17-2004, 03:16 PM
Madevilz

I think he deleted it.
it was an interresting read though.

Old
12-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Rahan

So, anyone can tell us what this opinion was, exactly?

Old
12-17-2004, 03:55 PM
bopeep

Quote:
Well from what I've read - I'm always interested in your opinion regarding our prospects. If you feel it inappropriate or unprofessional, Dan, would you consider editing and repost.

Old
12-17-2004, 04:16 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Sorry guys, it's not my call. I didn't delete it as I shouldn't be posting what an article might look like. I have to learn to be more professional, or they will replace me. I enjoy writing for HF, so I've got to adhere to their rules since it's their site.

The thread is gone, sorry to those who took the time to post in it.

Old
12-17-2004, 04:23 PM
bopeep

Quote:
Sorry guys, it's not my call. I didn't delete it as I shouldn't be posting what an article might look like. I have to learn to be more professional, or they will replace me. I enjoy writing for HF, so I've got to adhere to their rules since it's their site.

And we're the poorer for it

Old
12-18-2004, 11:36 PM
Form and Substance

Quote:

Seems like a heavy union to me, let me guess, HF has these rather UNEXPLAINABLE protocols right, am i right? Goddammit answer me!!!!

Old
12-18-2004, 11:51 PM
wedge

but what happened????

Old
12-19-2004, 08:58 AM
mcphee

Do what you gotta do Dan. I enjoy your work and would miss it. I'm guessing you don't want me creating Free Montreal placards.

Old
12-19-2004, 09:52 AM
Lok

Quote:

Si j'ai bien compris vous avez des informations de première main sur certains prospects. Naturellement ceci est un board public... Je crois que vous vous devez de vous abstenir d'écrire des informations confidentielles ou de nature professionnelle qui pourrait avantager certaines personnes ou nuire à certaines autres. Il y a bien plus que des journalistes qui lisent HFboards. Autant que des Lok qui ne sont que des amateurs de hockey rien de plus.

Je sais que c'est très tentant d'être CELUI qui fourni des informations très crédibles et que tout le monde respecte au plus au point et s'abreuvent de ses propos.

Old
12-19-2004, 01:50 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Si j'ai bien compris vous avez des informations de première main sur certains prospects. Naturellement ceci est un board public... Je crois que vous vous devez de vous abstenir d'écrire des informations confidentielles ou de nature professionnelle qui pourrait avantager certaines personnes ou nuire à certaines autres. Il y a bien plus que des journalistes qui lisent HFboards. Autant que des Lok qui ne sont que des amateurs de hockey rien de plus.

Je sais que c'est très tentant d'être CELUI qui fourni des informations très crédibles et que tout le monde respecte au plus au point et s'abreuvent de ses propos.

Sorry but it would take me half a day to respond in French and it wouldn't make much sense. That's true, I have to stay away from posting information of the articles ahead of time, even though it's a public board, as a staff memeber I have certain rules I must follow. To my defense, I didn't think it out, as it didn't seem like a big deal, but of course now I understand. All I wanted was to get the rest of the fine members of this board to have a say or just a simple discussion about any prospect of ours. I have been accused of letting the "power" go to my head, so I wanted to give others a chance to voice their opinion. But that also is a mistake, as HF has pointed out to me, that I need to do the research myself, that offering the chance for others to add input only lessens the confidence the readers would have in my articles.

And yes mcphee, please refraine from the Free Montreal Postcards. Although it looks like I will be losing the name montreal at some point, as I will switch to using my name instead. Thanks though.

Old
12-19-2004, 03:00 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
And yes mcphee, please refraine from the Free Montreal Postcards. Although it looks like I will be losing the name montreal at some point, as I will switch to using my name instead. Thanks though.
I think you should just formally change your name to "montreal," like Prince or Cher. Or maybe just your last name...Dan Montreal has a nice ring to it.

As for the deleted article, that's too bad but understandable. I read it late the other night and it was good, for what it's worth.

Old
12-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
I think you should just formally change your name to "montreal," like Prince or Cher. Or maybe just your last name...Dan Montreal has a nice ring to it.

As for the deleted article, that's too bad but understandable. I read it late the other night and it was good, for what it's worth.
I think Montreal Dan would sound even better.

Closed Thread