HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hab prospect discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-17-2004, 02:07 PM
  #1
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,572
vCash: 500
Hab prospect discussion

I made a mistake by posting my opinions, as it's not professional and I should have known better. But if you want to post your opinions or rankings of the prospects, feel free to do so here.

montreal is offline  
Old
12-17-2004, 02:12 PM
  #2
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I made a mistake by posting my opinions, as it's not professional and I should have known better. But if you want to post your opinions or rankings of the prospects, feel free to do so here.
Whats wrong with posting your opinions?

Its what HF is all about. So we can get different views on different players and prospects.

Mooch is offline  
Old
12-17-2004, 03:02 PM
  #3
Ace2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mtl
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Ace2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I made a mistake by posting my opinions, as it's not professional and I should have known better. But if you want to post your opinions or rankings of the prospects, feel free to do so here.

where did you post this? i'd be really interested in reading your personal opinions.
thanks

Ace2000 is offline  
Old
12-17-2004, 03:13 PM
  #4
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2000
where did you post this? i'd be really interested in reading your personal opinions.
thanks
same here

417 is offline  
Old
12-17-2004, 03:15 PM
  #5
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 17,184
vCash: 500
Huh ?

Des Louise is online now  
Old
12-17-2004, 03:16 PM
  #6
Madevilz
Registered User
 
Madevilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 3,309
vCash: 500
I think he deleted it.
it was an interresting read though.

Madevilz is offline  
Old
12-17-2004, 03:53 PM
  #7
Rahan
Registered User
 
Rahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
So, anyone can tell us what this opinion was, exactly?

Rahan is offline  
Old
12-17-2004, 03:55 PM
  #8
bopeep
Registered User
 
bopeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: habcouver
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I made a mistake by posting my opinions, as it's not professional and I should have known better. But if you want to post your opinions or rankings of the prospects, feel free to do so here.
Well from what I've read - I'm always interested in your opinion regarding our prospects. If you feel it inappropriate or unprofessional, Dan, would you consider editing and repost.

bopeep is offline  
Old
12-17-2004, 04:16 PM
  #9
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,572
vCash: 500
Sorry guys, it's not my call. I didn't delete it as I shouldn't be posting what an article might look like. I have to learn to be more professional, or they will replace me. I enjoy writing for HF, so I've got to adhere to their rules since it's their site.

The thread is gone, sorry to those who took the time to post in it.

montreal is offline  
Old
12-17-2004, 04:23 PM
  #10
bopeep
Registered User
 
bopeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: habcouver
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Sorry guys, it's not my call. I didn't delete it as I shouldn't be posting what an article might look like. I have to learn to be more professional, or they will replace me. I enjoy writing for HF, so I've got to adhere to their rules since it's their site.

The thread is gone, sorry to those who took the time to post in it.
And we're the poorer for it

bopeep is offline  
Old
12-18-2004, 11:36 PM
  #11
Form and Substance
Registered User
 
Form and Substance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Sorry guys, it's not my call. I didn't delete it as I shouldn't be posting what an article might look like. I have to learn to be more professional, or they will replace me. I enjoy writing for HF, so I've got to adhere to their rules since it's their site.

The thread is gone, sorry to those who took the time to post in it.
Seems like a heavy union to me, let me guess, HF has these rather UNEXPLAINABLE protocols right, am i right? Goddammit answer me!!!!

Form and Substance is offline  
Old
12-18-2004, 11:51 PM
  #12
wedge
Registered User
 
wedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: victoriaville
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,294
vCash: 500
but what happened????

wedge is online now  
Old
12-19-2004, 08:58 AM
  #13
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Do what you gotta do Dan. I enjoy your work and would miss it. I'm guessing you don't want me creating Free Montreal placards.

mcphee is offline  
Old
12-19-2004, 09:52 AM
  #14
Lok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Longueuil (Montreal)
Posts: 368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Sorry guys, it's not my call. I didn't delete it as I shouldn't be posting what an article might look like. I have to learn to be more professional, or they will replace me. I enjoy writing for HF, so I've got to adhere to their rules since it's their site.

The thread is gone, sorry to those who took the time to post in it.
Si j'ai bien compris vous avez des informations de première main sur certains prospects. Naturellement ceci est un board public... Je crois que vous vous devez de vous abstenir d'écrire des informations confidentielles ou de nature professionnelle qui pourrait avantager certaines personnes ou nuire à certaines autres. Il y a bien plus que des journalistes qui lisent HFboards. Autant que des Lok qui ne sont que des amateurs de hockey rien de plus.

Je sais que c'est très tentant d'être CELUI qui fourni des informations très crédibles et que tout le monde respecte au plus au point et s'abreuvent de ses propos.

Lok is offline  
Old
12-19-2004, 01:50 PM
  #15
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Si j'ai bien compris vous avez des informations de première main sur certains prospects. Naturellement ceci est un board public... Je crois que vous vous devez de vous abstenir d'écrire des informations confidentielles ou de nature professionnelle qui pourrait avantager certaines personnes ou nuire à certaines autres. Il y a bien plus que des journalistes qui lisent HFboards. Autant que des Lok qui ne sont que des amateurs de hockey rien de plus.

Je sais que c'est très tentant d'être CELUI qui fourni des informations très crédibles et que tout le monde respecte au plus au point et s'abreuvent de ses propos.

Sorry but it would take me half a day to respond in French and it wouldn't make much sense. That's true, I have to stay away from posting information of the articles ahead of time, even though it's a public board, as a staff memeber I have certain rules I must follow. To my defense, I didn't think it out, as it didn't seem like a big deal, but of course now I understand. All I wanted was to get the rest of the fine members of this board to have a say or just a simple discussion about any prospect of ours. I have been accused of letting the "power" go to my head, so I wanted to give others a chance to voice their opinion. But that also is a mistake, as HF has pointed out to me, that I need to do the research myself, that offering the chance for others to add input only lessens the confidence the readers would have in my articles.



And yes mcphee, please refraine from the Free Montreal Postcards. Although it looks like I will be losing the name montreal at some point, as I will switch to using my name instead. Thanks though.

montreal is offline  
Old
12-19-2004, 03:00 PM
  #16
chicpea*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
And yes mcphee, please refraine from the Free Montreal Postcards. Although it looks like I will be losing the name montreal at some point, as I will switch to using my name instead. Thanks though.
I think you should just formally change your name to "montreal," like Prince or Cher. Or maybe just your last name...Dan Montreal has a nice ring to it.

As for the deleted article, that's too bad but understandable. I read it late the other night and it was good, for what it's worth.

chicpea* is offline  
Old
12-19-2004, 03:53 PM
  #17
Squeaky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
I think you should just formally change your name to "montreal," like Prince or Cher. Or maybe just your last name...Dan Montreal has a nice ring to it.

As for the deleted article, that's too bad but understandable. I read it late the other night and it was good, for what it's worth.
I think Montreal Dan would sound even better.

Squeaky is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.