HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Game 28 | Detroit Red Wings @ New Jersey Devils | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D |

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2009, 08:46 PM
  #176
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12YearExtension View Post
Haha at least Howard can actually win in a shootout.

When was the last time Ozzy won in the shoot out?
The last one he was in?

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:46 PM
  #177
aar000n
Registered User
 
aar000n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,951
vCash: 500
I get the first 2 shhoters but the last 2 have my head shaking

aar000n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:47 PM
  #178
jacK
Registered User
 
jacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerooooose View Post
meh. worked a little for bertuzzi. why not try it again?

babcock gave leino a chance, and he's officially on his **** list now.
because you play to win the game.

jacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:48 PM
  #179
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky9er View Post
Guess we should be happy w/ a point.

Go Pens!! (i feeel so,... dirty)
I'm happy with the point. The likes of Abdelkader, Helm, Draper, and Eaves maintaining their level of play is encouraging, and while he played very little, I was glad to see Kindl was able to play a simple game when needed.

Other than that, not much to write home about, but I'm happy with 1 point against an almost healthy Devils team.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:50 PM
  #180
aar000n
Registered User
 
aar000n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,951
vCash: 500
if we play the same way we did the last 2 periods we will win a lot of games.

aar000n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:52 PM
  #181
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 19,984
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky9er View Post
Brodeur is 32-5 in the so? Oh dear
You must have misread or the Detroit telecast if you were watching it must have had a typo, he is 32-15.

__________________
1995, 2000, 2003..........
Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:53 PM
  #182
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aar000n View Post
if we play the same way we did the last 2 periods we will win a lot of games.
As mentioned elsewhere, the fact that the Devils were at the tail end of a back-to-back had a lot to do with their passivity.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:55 PM
  #183
GT500x
Im OK where we're at
 
GT500x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: My comfort zone
Country: United States
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky9er View Post
Guess we should be happy w/ a point.

Go Pens!! (i feeel so,... dirty)
As you should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
I'm happy with the point. The likes of Abdelkader, Helm, Draper, and Eaves maintaining their level of play is encouraging, and while he played very little, I was glad to see Kindl was able to play a simple game when needed.

Other than that, not much to write home about, but I'm happy with 1 point against an almost healthy Devils team.
I was gonna post something like that. The thing that I really felt good about was the play of

Helm
Abdelkader
Eaves
Ericsson
Kindl

I can't see Abdelkader being sent back down this year, I know it probably will happen but it seems almost inconcievable. As for Kindl, I want him to stay up longer to really get comfortable and show what he can do. I'm sure this experience will be HUGE for Kindl when he goes back down to the AHL. This was eye opening for him.


Last edited by GT500x: 12-05-2009 at 09:01 PM.
GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:57 PM
  #184
ProPAIN
Waar is da feestje?!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 11,340
vCash: 500
Considering the state we were in in the first two periods, I'll take the result. Shootout is a lottery, so I'm not too disappointed. Let's just play against the Rangers like we played in the 3rd and we'll be just fine.

I still think my flatmate jinxed this. He is a Pens fan and walked in when the shootout started so I blame him :p

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:58 PM
  #185
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
You must have misread or the Detroit telecast if you were watching it must have had a typo, he is 32-15.
Ah, that seems more reasonable.

For whoever wanted to know the last time Ozzy won in a shootout was his last SO appearance, a 2-1 win over SJS if you can recall. You know that team Jimmy?

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:59 PM
  #186
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500x View Post
As you should.
my strategy for catching chicago, they lose.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:01 PM
  #187
nik jr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Congo-Kinshasa
Posts: 10,526
vCash: 500
i wonder what is wrong with lidstrom and datsyuk. they look worse than they did after their injuries in the playoffs.

both seem to be avoiding contact on the boards more than usual. datsyuk is less involved in the play than i have seen in years. his puck control has been worse than usual all season. lidstrom seems slow and tentative most of the time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 12YearExtension View Post
On a side note, CLB sucks more than us!

Anyone else thing Nash is a tad overrated?
imo, nash is underrated, but steve mason is overrated.

i think osgood had better numbers than mason from the period after osgood's 10 day hiatus to the end of the season.


CBJ and nashville both lost today, so DRW gained a point on them.


chicago is up 1-0 on pittsburgh late in the 3rd, but i doubt DRW will be able to catch them.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:01 PM
  #188
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,208
vCash: 500
There are some encouraging stats from our bottom lines.

- Draper is on pace to have his highest point total in 5 years. Pretty nice considering this isn't a contract year for him. Hes scored 5 goals in 27 games, whereas last year he scored just 7 in 79.
- Helm is on pace for 30 points as a 22 year old. In comparison, Filppula had just 17 points in 79 games at that age. Hudler wasn't even a full time player yet. And Datsyuk had just 35 points in his first season. He doesn't have the ceiling that those guys do, but I dont think 40 points will be out of the question for Helm in 2-3 years.
- Eaves has 8 points in 18 games. Last year, he had just 14 in 74. Hes surprisingly on pace for a career high in points.
- Holmstrom has 11 goals in 28 games. Last year he had just 14 in 53.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:02 PM
  #189
SoupGuru
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Country: United States
Posts: 10,474
vCash: 500
Honestly, we're not doing too bad stealing a point or two here and there considering how much talent we have sitting and waiting to get healthy.

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:02 PM
  #190
GT500x
Im OK where we're at
 
GT500x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: My comfort zone
Country: United States
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky9er View Post
my strategy for catching chicago, they lose.
Mine is voodoo dolls

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:06 PM
  #191
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,361
vCash: 500
I cheered when Pitts scored, what the hell man....bizzarre feeling.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:25 PM
  #192
nik jr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Congo-Kinshasa
Posts: 10,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
I'm happy with the point. The likes of Abdelkader, Helm, Draper, and Eaves maintaining their level of play is encouraging, and while he played very little, I was glad to see Kindl was able to play a simple game when needed.

Other than that, not much to write home about, but I'm happy with 1 point against an almost healthy Devils team.
i have not seen all the games kindl has played, but he has not been bad.

in the small amount i have seen, his positioning has been better than ericsson's and lebda's.

is it correct that kindl cannot pass waivers next season so will be with DRW?

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:32 PM
  #193
GT500x
Im OK where we're at
 
GT500x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: My comfort zone
Country: United States
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
i have not seen all the games kindl has played, but he has not been bad.

in the small amount i have seen, his positioning has been better than ericsson's and lebda's.

is it correct that kindl cannot pass waivers next season so will be with DRW?
That's what I heard, so the Wings better have someone in mind that's not gonna be with this team next season

possibilities IMO...

Lidstrom (retirement, tho not likely)
Rafalski (trade for some picks- wishful thinking)
Lebda (thanks for your service, now please go away)
Meech (see Lebda)

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:40 PM
  #194
Frozen Fiend
DOUBLE D
 
Frozen Fiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kalamazoo
Country: United States
Posts: 4,635
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
There are some encouraging stats from our bottom lines.

- Draper is on pace to have his highest point total in 5 years. Pretty nice considering this isn't a contract year for him. Hes scored 5 goals in 27 games, whereas last year he scored just 7 in 79.
- Helm is on pace for 30 points as a 22 year old. In comparison, Filppula had just 17 points in 79 games at that age. Hudler wasn't even a full time player yet. And Datsyuk had just 35 points in his first season. He doesn't have the ceiling that those guys do, but I dont think 40 points will be out of the question for Helm in 2-3 years.
- Eaves has 8 points in 18 games. Last year, he had just 14 in 74. Hes surprisingly on pace for a career high in points.
- Holmstrom has 11 goals in 28 games. Last year he had just 14 in 53.
See! The sky is not falling.

Frozen Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:41 PM
  #195
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
One point out of this game is huge, but not enough.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:45 PM
  #196
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Ice View Post
See! The sky is not falling.
It never was, despite how much myself and others like to *****.

I've been excited about the prospect of a top 20 1st rounder since we started the season 0-2.


I'd much rather finish as an 8th seed and end up with the 15th pick, than finish a 1st overall seed, and lose in the playoffs in the first round (see: 2006 Red Wings) At least this team isn't a paper tiger.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:56 PM
  #197
naihlflames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit MI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,034
vCash: 500
Osgood in shootouts: 1-2, 4 GA on 8 shots .500%
Howard in shootouts: 2-1, 2 GA on 9 shots .778%

All Other NHL Goalies with at least 3 Shootouts:

3 above .778%
3 including Howard at .778%
19 between .500% and .778%
2 including Osgood at .500%
None below .500%

naihlflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 10:11 PM
  #198
GT500x
Im OK where we're at
 
GT500x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: My comfort zone
Country: United States
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naihlflames View Post
Osgood in shootouts: 1-2, 4 GA on 8 shots .500%
Howard in shootouts: 2-1, 2 GA on 9 shots .778%

All Other NHL Goalies with at least 3 Shootouts:

3 above .778%
3 including Howard at .778%
19 between .500% and .778%
2 including Osgood at .500%
None below .500%
There's no point in posting FACTS or STATS in favor of Howard around here

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 10:12 PM
  #199
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
Hey guys....Devils fan here....hell of a game, hell of a game. I hope your guys come back and healthy as soon as possible. I know what it feels like to have that many injuries. Your season reminds me of the season we had in 2001-02, we won the Cup in 6 in 2000, then lost in 7 in 2001 and had a tough start to the following year, yet still made the playoffs. I have no doubt your team will also make the playoffs this year. Here's hoping to a Devils-Wings final, because tonight was a doozy.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 11:54 PM
  #200
nik jr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Congo-Kinshasa
Posts: 10,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
Hey guys....Devils fan here....hell of a game, hell of a game. I hope your guys come back and healthy as soon as possible. I know what it feels like to have that many injuries. Your season reminds me of the season we had in 2001-02, we won the Cup in 6 in 2000, then lost in 7 in 2001 and had a tough start to the following year, yet still made the playoffs. I have no doubt your team will also make the playoffs this year. Here's hoping to a Devils-Wings final, because tonight was a doozy.
thanks

i am still bitter about '95, but your team is better and deserved to win. hope NJ gets healthy too. i know they have had many injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naihlflames View Post
Osgood in shootouts: 1-2, 4 GA on 8 shots .500%
Howard in shootouts: 2-1, 2 GA on 9 shots .778%

All Other NHL Goalies with at least 3 Shootouts:

3 above .778%
3 including Howard at .778%
19 between .500% and .778%
2 including Osgood at .500%
None below .500%
i figured DRW were very unlikely to win the shootout.

osgood vs brodeur is a huge mismatch.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.