Notices

Flames-Oilers Round Two

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2003, 08:10 PM
kruezer

vCash: 500
Flames-Oilers Round Two

Well chalk up a 4-1 victory for Calgary tonight. I didn't see this one unfortunately so any info from people who did would be cool. The goals for Calgary were Lowry, Gelinas, Kobasew and Dome.
Will.

Old
09-20-2003, 11:00 PM
kidda37

I was at the game

and man i am realy impresed with calgary's PP, PK and just all round playing, Turek really solid, slow to get up but was really good, Krahn played in the 3rd, he played allright, very very weak on high shots during warmups. he could have saved staios shot late goal by the oil's...

Players that impressed me where

Betts
Kobasew
Gelinas
Ference
Commadore
Turek
Leopold

Players i was unhappy with

Morgan
Lombardi
Lydman
Clark
Krhan

Old
09-21-2003, 06:52 AM
the-rasta-masta

Send a message via MSN to the-rasta-masta
I would have been pretty dissapointed if we had lost this one, considering the Oilers didn't really dress too mcuh firepower, and the Flames had about 75% of their regular season roster compared to the Oilers 50%.

Old
09-21-2003, 06:56 AM
the-rasta-masta

Send a message via MSN to the-rasta-masta
BTW, did anybody else notice Lombardi had a better game than Stoll.....

Old
09-21-2003, 02:54 PM
Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidda37
and man i am realy impresed with calgary's PP, PK and just all round playing, Turek really solid, slow to get up but was really good, Krahn played in the 3rd, he played allright, very very weak on high shots during warmups. he could have saved staios shot late goal by the oil's...

Players that impressed me where

Betts
Kobasew
Gelinas
Ference
Commadore
Turek
Leopold

Players i was unhappy with

Morgan
Lombardi
Lydman
Clark
Krhan
How can you be upset with Krahn? He had no chance on the goal against him since 3 Flames were screening him.

I agree with Lydman though. Too many stupid mistakes. Same old same old with Lydman.

Old
09-21-2003, 03:20 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
I agree with Lydman though. Too many stupid mistakes. Same old same old with Lydman.
I don't understand what the beef is with Lydman. I didn't see any stupid mistakes from him. He played a solid two way game, threw a couple big checks, and played a ton. Lydman is one of our most valuable defenders. I don't get why Lydman gets criticized so much.

And to be honest, I don't think anybody had a bad game last night. The Flames played a very solid game from start to finish. I thought they dominated most of the game, and made no glaring errors.

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
09-21-2003, 08:56 PM
kidda37

hes a d-man

but when it comes to ofence he sucks how many times did he pass up the middle at the game like 2-3 times all i herd was oooooooohhh evertime he did it, the guy can play defence he can lay the hits but sorry not a QB man, thats leopold and ference.

Old
09-22-2003, 07:11 AM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
I never said he was a QB. He's better playing in a support role, like #3 or 4. And nothing against Ference, but Lydman has proven at lot more at this point in his career than Ference has.

Old
09-22-2003, 02:01 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Devil
I don't understand what the beef is with Lydman. I didn't see any stupid mistakes from him. He played a solid two way game, threw a couple big checks, and played a ton. Lydman is one of our most valuable defenders. I don't get why Lydman gets criticized so much.
I certainly saw a couple rusty errors from Lydman. No big deal, it was his first game but I can see why someone was disappointed with his performance.

Can't see why anybody could be disappointed in Krahn that game though. What's the rationale?

Closed Thread