HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Arch Pain

Old
12-02-2009, 01:04 AM
nyr33

vCash: 500
Arch Pain

I know this has probably been discussed, but this may be more specific.

I just bought new One75 skates, they felt good trying them on, fit good and got them baked. After skating, my lateral arch(outside of the foot) is in a good amount of pain, only on my right foot. Other than this, these skates are amazing.

My question is how i can help this... i just ordered superfeet insoles hoping that will help. Should i loosen my skates by the arch? do they just need to be broken in more? or should i get them baked again?

Last edited by nyr33: 12-02-2009 at 01:19 AM.
nyr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Crosbyfan

I would not bake the skates gain unless the problem is a pressure point at the top or sides of the skate.

Laces should at least be snug over the instep to lock in the heal. Perhaps it is this pressure over an unsupported medium to high arch that is causing the problem. If that is the case arch supports should help. You want the skates to grab your foot, not "break the bridge".

You can get baked insoles as well, though hopefully the superfeet (superfeet yellow, right?) will work for you.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Khabby

Ive had problems with this alot, and have tried everything to get rid of it, But I think Im on the right track since my last skate was pretty pain less. My skates are the right size and everything and width, But I have arch pain. I went to my LHS and asked them about it. The arches in skates are much higher than most shoes, so when you go between skates and your shoes you should have a good higher arch shoe. If you do not, You arches will drop and then when you put them back in skates it raises your arches. This puts alot of pressure on the tendon in the bottom of your foot. I bought superfeet (The Gray Skate ones) for it and they did not help. Superfeet actually have a harder and higher arch then the skate alone, so it did not help me. I find that the best way to help get rid of the pain is to do releves(bascally like calf press) where you stand on your tippy toes and then drop back down to touching your heals on the floor, I usually do a couple sets of those with 10 reps, and hold the last one for 20 seconds. You can also do it on stair to drop a little lower than the floor.

I also tie the first 4 or 5 eyelets of my skates loosely (just tight enough where you can move the laces around a bit with your fingers) Then tie the rest of the eyelets Tight. I read this on a thread a couple weeks ago from this board from a year or so ago when I did a search on google about arch pain. I belive it was the poster "Head Coach" who posted this. I takes alot of pressure off your arch and relives the pain, while you still have a tight fit in your skate.

I hope this helps man, Cause I feel your pain

Khabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Pog Form

I would start with loosening the laces at the arch area and see if that makes any difference. You can still get a very snug fit even with that area being looser than the rest of the skate.

Pog Form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Pierre Gotye

Have you tried superfeet insoles?

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 12:44 AM
nyr33

thanks for the responses, im getting the superfeet yellow for christmas, so i have to wait.

I have recently been tying the skates looser at the pain site and it seems to be helping.

I also put some of that moleskin stuff on the part that hurts and it helped a lot too.

Old
12-09-2009, 12:47 AM
nyr33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan View Post
I would not bake the skates gain unless the problem is a pressure point at the top or sides of the skate.

Laces should at least be snug over the instep to lock in the heal. Perhaps it is this pressure over an unsupported medium to high arch that is causing the problem. If that is the case arch supports should help. You want the skates to grab your foot, not "break the bridge".

You can get baked insoles as well, though hopefully the superfeet (superfeet yellow, right?) will work for you.
it is kind of a pressure point type of thing right where the foot starts to get wider... would baking help? or punching the skate out? i dont know anything about that...