HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan Carcillo: suspended for four games by the NHL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-06-2009, 02:30 PM
  #26
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang
 
FlyLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Livin the High Life
Country: United States
Posts: 2,367
vCash: 500
Can we trade him for Upshall and a 2nd please?

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:31 PM
  #27
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
you support a guy who sits in the press box.
Well at least he fights like a man, and gives his opponents a chance to get ready. Never the Cowardillo way for a true fighter.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:32 PM
  #28
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,866
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Wow, that is ridiculous. I guess he should have waited to be punched first and then beat the **** out of him. What a sad day for the NHL to make this move.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:32 PM
  #29
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post


I guess he's a 2nd/3rd liner.
This chart is so hilarious, and absolutely true.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:33 PM
  #30
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,866
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Well at least he fights like a man, and gives his opponents a chance to get ready. Never the Cowardillo way for a true fighter.
Why don't you go post on the Pengiuns board if you don't like the Flyers.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:34 PM
  #31
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular
 
claude boivin lives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,845
vCash: 500
That screenshot proves nothing. Carcillo was kind of juking a little bit like was he going to throw a punch, before he actually threw one.

However, I'm fine with the suspension, he did in fact punch him too early...it was dirty and idiotic.

But what else can you expect from this man...


claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:34 PM
  #32
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I hate still-shot photos, and I've gotten into furious debates over how I don't like to use them when making points, as the game is played and review via moving-video technology. However, just as when Briere hit Scott Hannan in the neck, it certainly was still clear, and I didn't think that was that bad. But I have to do it this time as it helps my point (natural for any non-professional who talks it up on message boards)



Does this look like a player who is prepared to be in a fight? Whether Bradley is at fault, or whatever else, this isn't a fair fight. This isn't showing respect to a player in this league. Bradley still has his stick in his hand (maybe both, not completely clear which is why I don't like still-shot photos, it's not HQ). This is not a fight, it's a sucker punch. I wouldn't have given him 4 games regardless, but at least someone else will be given an opportunity to prove he can conduct himself in a proper manner on the ice.


Um dude when Carcillo punched him Bardley dropped his gloves and Carcillo dropped him. Its "not fair" because Carcillo struck before badley could grab him, but he dropped em. And Carcillo waited and punched him. Yea its not "proper etiquitte" to punch before the guys "ready" but Bradley dropped em, telling me he wanted to fight, and the fact Carcillo got all the penalties AND a suspension is just sickening.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:35 PM
  #33
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Stupid move by Carcillo, but four games? Really?

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:35 PM
  #34
CptCannon
Registered User
 
CptCannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
Stupid move by Dan, should've waited just a tiny bit longer. Bradley isn't that caliber fighter Carcillo would need such a jump-start to give him a good pounding.

Two games for the act, one for wearing O&B and one for being named as Carcillo. Should have been just two games, meh..

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:36 PM
  #35
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,888
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
GKJ you should be smart enough to know that stills tell NOTHING if you advance one more frame Bradley's gloves and stick were in the air heading towards the ground and he hadnt been punched yet.
I do, but it's 2 feet in front of the referee, and Carcillo is throwing a punch before Bradley has his stick and gloves on the ice. I always refer the video in every situation, and I didn't need this to convince myself of what I thought already. But this, seems to be convincing other people, and opinions seem to be down the middle here as it is.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:36 PM
  #36
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,713
vCash: 500
Oh well. Not like him being missing will hurt this team. 4 games is alittle much but we can move on.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:36 PM
  #37
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Well at least he fights like a man, and gives his opponents a chance to get ready. Never the Cowardillo way for a true fighter.
Its a fight, dude dropped his gloves and got tagged. Fighting isnt fair, it should never be. If Carcillo punched him like Downie punched Blake then I see the point. Bradley dropped em, end of story.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:37 PM
  #38
Lab Monkey
Registered User
 
Lab Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
this is ********, the penalties were enough no suspension needed

Lab Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:37 PM
  #39
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,423
vCash: 500
Colin Campbell is a creampuff

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:38 PM
  #40
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Wow, that is ridiculous. I guess he should have waited to be punched first and then beat the **** out of him. What a sad day for the NHL to make this move.
You know what really burns my balls, is all these *******s on here cry and ***** and moan for "bullies" hockey, this is how they ****in fought and played. Sorry, I find this ballet dancing wrestling **** gay and pathetic. If a man drops his gloves and gets dropped, then its allllll gooooood.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:39 PM
  #41
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
Very much *********. A pity really considering Carcillo was having a good season and wasn't racking up many penalty minutes and had really improved his image around the fanbase, but one meltdown and everything goes up in smokes. 4 games is still a ******* joke. I really wonder how this sequence would have gone over if Bradley could take a punch.

I somehow don't expect him to see another minute of play under Laviolette :/

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:39 PM
  #42
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I do, but it's 2 feet in front of the referee, and Carcillo is throwing a punch before Bradley has his stick and gloves on the ice. I always refer the video in every situation, and I didn't need this to convince myself of what I thought already. But this, seems to be convincing other people, and opinions seem to be down the middle here as it is.
Here's where your argument falls apart.

If Bradley takes the punch and keeps on going, we're not having this discussion. It becomes an issue not because of what Carcillo did, but because Bradley was KO'd. Which is why he said what he did following the altercation.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:39 PM
  #43
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
You know what really burns my balls, is all these *******s on here cry and ***** and moan for "bullies" hockey, this is how they ****in fought and played. Sorry, I find this ballet dancing wrestling **** gay and pathetic. If a man drops his gloves and gets dropped, then its allllll gooooood.
I long for the days of the old NHL before all these "superstars" like Cindy Crosby changed the face of the game with their puss tactics.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:40 PM
  #44
L-train*
 
L-train*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly Suburbs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to L-train*


Clearly shows him dropping his stick and shaking his glove off as Carcillo ***** his punch.

If Carcillo had waited 1 second longer, no suspension. Bradley was clearly intending to fight though, and just because he got KTFO doesn't mean he shouldn't have been assessed a 5 minute major for fighting.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:41 PM
  #45
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
That screenshot proves nothing. Carcillo was kind of juking a little bit like was he going to throw a punch, before he actually threw one.

However, I'm fine with the suspension, he did in fact punch him too early...it was dirty and idiotic.

But what else can you expect from this man...

This.

It's pointless to discuss whether he was in a fight or not or whatever.

It was idiotic of him to be in that situation in the first place. It should have never of happened in the first place. He should have kept on skating.

It was dirty and idiotic therefore I'm surprised that this many Flyers fans actually care about a 3rd liner getting suspended for **** like this.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:41 PM
  #46
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,888
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Here's where your argument falls apart.

If Bradley takes the punch and keeps on going, we're not having this discussion. It becomes an issue not because of what Carcillo did, but because Bradley was KO'd. Which is why he said what he did following the altercation.
Not really, because I said before since Carcillo didn't give Bradley a chance to a fair fight, that he left it open to interpretations to the referees, and they're never going to give guys like Carcillo the benefit of the doubt. I said the same thing about Kaleta and Armstrong last week as well. How Scott Walker got away with this in the playoffs, I can understand why one would disagree with my assessment.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:42 PM
  #47
freezers23
Registered User
 
freezers23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Scott Walker got 0 for his very similar play, in the playoffs. 4 seems ludacris

Oh well teaches Carcillo not to be a ****ing idiot at least(hopefully)

Maybe Maroon will make his debut since he is a LW.

Hartnell-Richards-Briere
JVR-Giroux-Carter
Maroon-Pyorala-Lapperiere
Nodl-Kalinski-Asham
It would be nice, maybe he will get the call this time, due to we have a new coach and he like the offense first

freezers23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:43 PM
  #48
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Um dude when Carcillo punched him Bardley dropped his gloves and Carcillo dropped him. Its "not fair" because Carcillo struck before badley could grab him, but he dropped em. And Carcillo waited and punched him. Yea its not "proper etiquitte" to punch before the guys "ready" but Bradley dropped em, telling me he wanted to fight, and the fact Carcillo got all the penalties AND a suspension is just sickening.
He DID NOT wait, that's the whole problem.

He should let go of him and wait until his fists are up. Then it would be a normal hockeyfight, and they both receive 5 mins and probably the instigator for Carcillo and that's all.

Give it a rest, you're fighting a lost battle. Now it's even confirmed by the league.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:43 PM
  #49
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,888
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post


Clearly shows him dropping his stick and shaking his glove off as Carcillo ***** his punch.

If Carcillo had waited 1 second longer, no suspension. Bradley was clearly intending to fight though, and just because he got KTFO doesn't mean he shouldn't have been assessed a 5 minute major for fighting.
And he's literally less than a half a second from being knocked into 2nd grade. Even if he's wanting to fight, he's not being given a chance to. Which is why I said it's left open to interpretation of the referees. As consistent as NHL officials are, I don't want anyone having to do that.

He should skate away and challenge him to a fight later in the game. That would have been the proper thing to do, and you're not worried about killing 9-minute power plays and arguing about suspensions. I know it's what Arron Asham would have done in the same situation (Lappy can't because he has a broken face)

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:44 PM
  #50
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,866
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
You know what really burns my balls, is all these *******s on here cry and ***** and moan for "bullies" hockey, this is how they ****in fought and played. Sorry, I find this ballet dancing wrestling **** gay and pathetic. If a man drops his gloves and gets dropped, then its allllll gooooood.
I agree, my man. It seems like hockey fans are getting softer and softer. People just aren't used to fighting the way it used to go down even before the lockout. It wasn't always like it is now with the grabbing the shirts and twirling for 2 minutes before a real punch is thrown. It used to be just two dudes wailing on each other and sometimes one guy gets knocked down easier than another. Just because he hit him first and didn't do the mating dance first doesn't mean he should be suspended. I know a lot of times its because of a guy's reputation or that the Flyers have a certain history, but this I think was just because people don't like to see blood. Colin Campbell doesn't want the uninformed media like ESPN and other networks who don't care about hockey talking about how barbaric the sport is and how they could allow a guy to be hit in the face and knocked out by one punch and let the guy who hit him off with nothing. Everyone needs to shut up an grow a pair.

Now, back to studying. Everyone stop posting threads that I want to respond to!

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.