HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Dan Carcillo: suspended for four games by the NHL

Old
12-06-2009, 01:45 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
The real question is, why was Carcillo dropping the gloves after a clean check?

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 01:49 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Very much *********. A pity really considering Carcillo was having a good season and wasn't racking up many penalty minutes and had really improved his image around the fanbase, but one meltdown and everything goes up in smokes. 4 games is still a ******* joke. I really wonder how this sequence would have gone over if Bradley could take a punch.

I somehow don't expect him to see another minute of play under Laviolette :/
This is what Im saying, hes been playing great all year, and ****ed up once. I do not beleive the punishment fits the crime. but some people here like ***** hocky thats all

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Rick Smears

Campbell cleary screwed up. Check the schedule:
12/7 @ Habs
12/8 Isles
12/10 Sens
12/12 @ Devils
12/14 @ Bruins
12/15 @ Pens

Now check the Pens schedule:
12/7 Canes
12/10 @ Habs
12/12 Florida and
12/15 Flyers

Obviously Campbell was looking at the wrong schedule when he came up with 4 games. Syd's gonna be mad Colin!

Rick Smears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 01:51 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I agree, my man. It seems like hockey fans are getting softer and softer. People just aren't used to fighting the way it used to go down even before the lockout. It wasn't always like it is now with the grabbing the shirts and twirling for 2 minutes before a real punch is thrown. It used to be just two dudes wailing on each other and sometimes one guy gets knocked down easier than another. Just because he hit him first and didn't do the mating dance first doesn't mean he should be suspended. I know a lot of times its because of a guy's reputation or that the Flyers have a certain history, but this I think was just because people don't like to see blood. Colin Campbell doesn't want the uninformed media like ESPN and other networks who don't care about hockey talking about how barbaric the sport is and how they could allow a guy to be hit in the face and knocked out by one punch and let the guy who hit him off with nothing. Everyone needs to shut up an grow a pair.

Now, back to studying. Everyone stop posting threads that I want to respond to!
If I had the chance I would go back to the 70's and experiance hockey for men. not this girlie man ****.

Old
12-06-2009, 01:53 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
You know what really burns my balls, is all these *******s on here cry and ***** and moan for "bullies" hockey, this is how they ****in fought and played. Sorry, I find this ballet dancing wrestling **** gay and pathetic. If a man drops his gloves and gets dropped, then its allllll gooooood.
****in exactly!

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 01:53 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
And he's literally less than a half a second from being knocked into 2nd grade. Even if he's wanting to fight, he's not being given a chance to. Which is why I said it's left open to interpretation of the referees. As consistent as NHL officials are, I don't want anyone having to do that.

He should skate away and challenge him to a fight later in the game. That would have been the proper thing to do, and you're not worried about killing 9-minute power plays and arguing about suspensions. I know it's what Arron Asham would have done in the same situation (Lappy can't because he has a broken face)
He driopped his glove, shows intent to fight. Carcillo dropped him. 5 each for fighting, 2 min instigator to carcillo for dropping early, and the caps have a 2 min pp. Thats what SHOULD have been called.

Old
12-06-2009, 01:56 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Here is the rules from fighting and proof that the referees have the latitude, to essentially, call it however they want to. This is what I mean by how it was left open to the interpretation of the referees, and that it's not black and white that because Bradley dropped his gloves, that it doesn't he HAS to be called for fighting

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26336

Quote:
47.1 Fighting – A fight shall be deemed to have occurred when at least one player (or goalkeeper) punches or attempts to punch an opponent repeatedly or when two players wrestle in such a manner as to make it difficult for the Linesmen to intervene and separate the combatants.

The Referees are provided very wide latitude in the penalties with which they may impose under this rule. This is done intentionally to enable them to differentiate between the obvious degrees of responsibility of the participants either for starting the fighting or persisting in continuing the fighting. The discretion provided should be exercised realistically.

47.2 Aggressor – The aggressor in an altercation shall be the player (or goalkeeper) who continues to throw punches in an attempt to inflict punishment on his opponent who is in a defenseless position or who is an unwilling combatant.

A player or goalkeeper who is deemed to be the aggressor of an altercation shall be assessed a major penalty for fighting and a game misconduct.

A player or goalkeeper who is deemed to be the aggressor of an altercation will have this recorded as an aggressor of an altercation for statistical and suspension purposes.

A player or goalkeeper who is deemed to be both the instigator and aggressor of an altercation shall be assessed an instigating minor penalty, a major penalty for fighting, a ten-minute misconduct (instigator) and a game misconduct penalty (aggressor).

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 01:57 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
He driopped his glove, shows intent to fight. Carcillo dropped him. 5 each for fighting, 2 min instigator to carcillo for dropping early, and the caps have a 2 min pp. Thats what SHOULD have been called.
Refer to what I've said in the past. I've gone over this a ton of times, it's not the first time ever it's happened where a player drops his gloves and doesn't get a single penalty minute.

Old
12-06-2009, 01:58 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Here is the rules from fighting and proof that the referees have the latitude, to essentially, call it however they want to. This is what I mean by how it was left open to the interpretation of the referees, and that it's not black and white that because Bradley dropped his gloves, that it doesn't he HAS to be called for fighting

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26336
This league is run by ****** fairies.

Old
12-06-2009, 02:01 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
****in exactly!
For real man growing up in the 90's and becoming an adult in the 2000's is a curse. everything is ****ed up and PC. Ur not allowed to do anything anymore. C'mon If anyone thinks 9 minute PP and 4 games is fair, then i question your integrity as a Hockey fan....

Old
12-06-2009, 02:02 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
This league is run by ****** fairies.
Additionally:

47.3 Altercation - An altercation is a situation involving two players (including goalkeepers), with at least one to be penalized.

'At least one' does not mean two.

Old
12-06-2009, 02:03 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
I thought it was awesome. You dont see too many players get dropped after one punch. It sucks it cost the team the game but oh well, they weren't doing much to try and win anyway.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Jester

Quote:
Not really, because I said before since Carcillo didn't give Bradley a chance to a fair fight, that he left it open to interpretations to the referees, and they're never going to give guys like Carcillo the benefit of the doubt. I said the same thing about Kaleta and Armstrong last week as well. How Scott Walker got away with this in the playoffs, I can understand why one would disagree with my assessment.
No, really. Bradley's glass jaw is the reason this all went down the way it did. That's the difference between matching 5s, and the 9.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
The real question is, why was Carcillo dropping the gloves after a clean check?
Because he's an idiot...nor is it the first time he's lost it after he got checked.

Old
12-06-2009, 02:08 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
No, really. Bradley's glass jaw is the reason this all went down the way it did. That's the difference between matching 5s, and the 9.
He wouldn't have went down, if there was no punch. Bradley has a propensity for losing fights. If Carcillo would have fought him properly, I'm sure he would have won.

That's what Laviolette was talking about by discipline in the presser. Even if they got screwed, none of it should have happened anyways. Since it did, it put us at risk for whatever penalties the referees felt like calling.

Old
12-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Wolfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post

Clearly shows him dropping his stick and shaking his glove off as Carcillo cocks his punch.

If Carcillo had waited 1 second longer, no suspension. Bradley was clearly intending to fight though, and just because he got KTFO doesn't mean he shouldn't have been assessed a 5 minute major for fighting.
This pic tells it all. It's an assault and not a fight.

I can't believe some people actually defend this dirty SOB. He alone destroyed the game for us last night. He's standing in the penalty box yelling at the refs like a complete nutcase. Embarrassing. He's laying eggs all over the rink in every game. Homer says Carcillo's behaviour is a huge disappointment. What more do you need? Enough is enough.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:09 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
I thought it was awesome. You dont see too many players get dropped after one punch. It sucks it cost the team the game but oh well, they weren't doing much to try and win anyway.
I think some people here have been waiting for something like this to happen so we would have to blmae Lazy Jeff Carter or Scott the red headed retard hartnell for their shortcomings. I think deep down inside everyone knows it was the wrong call, but since Stevens and Jones are gone these asshats need a new whipping boy. This all steams from that ******* Upshall getting traded for him, and just dont want to realize Carcillo has probally been consistantly one of the hardest working fowards, has played discaplined all year. Everyone ****s up. I dont think it cost them the game, that team was flat to begin with, which is understandable with the coaching change.

I found it awesome too, and hope it doesnt change his style. Players like Lappy and Carcillo are awesome and we need them.

FTR, I agree Carcillo should have picked his spot better, but Ithink he was trying to light a fire and it backfired.

Old
12-06-2009, 02:11 PM
i am dave

Quote:
What? It was a tie-game and the Flyers had more momentum than they had in any of the three previous games combined at the time of the incident?

We can go on forever complaining about the instant gloves dropped, and League conspiracies. The fact of the matter is - firstly - referees do not look at still-frames. They see matters in real-time.

Secondly - this is not even remotely the first time Dan Carcillo's temper and brash behavior has put his team in a bad position - one that arguably directly cost them the game. Be it changing the game's momentum with Talbot or Rivet, or resulting in a nine minute power play, this is a serious problem that we should no longer simply be laughing off and saying "well at least he really creamed that guy!"

Remember, this is a guy who could play top-six minutes according to the GM. If he really wants to start hurting the opposition, he needs to put more pucks in the net.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Jester

Quote:
He wouldn't have went down, if there was no punch. Bradley has a propensity for losing fights. If Carcillo would have fought him properly, I'm sure he would have won.
When you fight...there is always a punch. The hysterics are over a debate of whether he punched "too soon."

Quote:
That's what Laviolette was talking about by discipline in the presser. Even if they got screwed, none of it should have happened anyways. Since it did, it put us at risk for whatever penalties the referees felt like calling.
And I agree, the fact that he lost it over the check was stupid. Doesn't mean what he did was over some line...if it was, you'd probably have a quote from Bradley saying as much.

Old
12-06-2009, 02:12 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:

I found it awesome too, and hope it doesnt change his style. Players like Lappy and Carcillo are awesome and we need them.
YES

NO

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:13 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
This pic tells it all. It's an assault and not a fight.

I can't believe some people actually defend this dirty SOB. He alone destroyed the game for us last night. He's standing in the penalty box yelling at the refs like a complete nutcase. Embarrassing. He's laying eggs all over the rink in every game. Homer says Carcillo's behaviour is a huge disappointment. What more do you need? Enough is enough.
Laying eggs in every game? Can i buy meth from you? What game are you watching? OKT in the press box?

Old
12-06-2009, 02:15 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am dave View Post
What? It was a tie-game and the Flyers had more momentum than they had in any of the three previous games combined at the time of the incident?

We can go on forever complaining about the instant gloves dropped, and League conspiracies. The fact of the matter is - firstly - referees do not look at still-frames. They see matters in real-time.

Secondly - this is not even remotely the first time Dan Carcillo's temper and brash behavior has put his team in a bad position - one that arguably directly cost them the game. Be it changing the game's momentum with Talbot or Rivet, or resulting in a nine minute power play, this is a serious problem that we should no longer simply be laughing off and saying "well at least he really creamed that guy!"

Remember, this is a guy who could play top-six minutes according to the GM. If he really wants to start hurting the opposition, he needs to put more pucks in the net.
Dan Carcillo forechecks better than anyone on the team. Hes always in the play and does a good job createing opprotunites to score. It sucks his temper gets to him, but this is the 1st incident all year. I mean he is the reason Pyrola scored, he started that whole play

Old
12-06-2009, 02:16 PM
i am dave

Quote:
Dan Carcillo forechecks better than anyone on the team. Hes always in the play and does a good job createing opprotunites to score. It sucks his temper gets to him, but this is the 1st incident all year. I mean he is the reason Pyrola scored, he started that whole play
I guess there was no game on Black Friday then?

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:19 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am dave View Post
I guess there was no game on Black Friday then?
Not gonna say it "cost them the game" Last night cost them the game.

Old
12-06-2009, 02:21 PM
TheDrizzle81

Id love to see Carcillo do what he did to Bradley to Jeff Carter in practice.