HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 28 | Detroit Red Wings @ New Jersey Devils | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D |

Old
12-06-2009, 01:31 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

vCash: 500
Question: Eaves was injured when he went into the boards. Looked like an ankle or knee.
He returns. Wearing a cage?

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 01:46 AM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Question: Eaves was injured when he went into the boards. Looked like an ankle or knee.
He returns. Wearing a cage?
He somehow got cut above the eye.

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 08:51 AM
14ari13

Considering we have just 1 win on the road vs the Devils, and it was the 2-1 win with Hasek in net 2-3 seasons ago, in about last 15 years and considering how Osgood let in 1-2 soft goals and a lot of juicy rebounds, one point from this game is great.
One has to note great play by Eaves. He is almost the lone bright spot on the team now. He leads the team with +8, the next man is Draper, his linemate with +6, while there some players with -8 and -6. The stats do not lie, that line is doing real good, but we need Datsyuk, Lidstom and "Z" to get it going.

Note to many poster here as well. Many of you favour Meech ahead of Lebda, but Babcock prefers Lebda, Lebda played about 20 min, while Meech around 8.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 11:17 AM
14ari13

Congratulations to Demolition Man on his 200 goal. It was the typical Demolition Man goal, and against none other but Martin Brodeur.
If someone told me the Wings would be down 2-0 and 3-1 to the Devils and manage to come back and even it out, I would say impossible. But they found the way and almost won the game.
And the Devils are actually one of the top 6/8 teams in the league nonetheless.
It will be interesting to see who starts tonight. The Rangers played the game last night themselves and won. Whether they carry the momentum over from the last game or they struggle 1st game at home after the road, we'll see.

Old
12-06-2009, 11:29 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

By the way, nice job by Doc Emrick again.
For local broadcast, he does a terrific job and doesn't spend all day sucking up to the home team and home fans.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Marky9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
By the way, nice job by Doc Emrick again.
For local broadcast, he does a terrific job and doesn't spend all day sucking up to the home team and home fans.
Agreed, it was a refreshing change from some of the homers we have been hearing from so much. They gave us almost too much praise and respect.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 12:12 PM
14ari13

This was one of the most exciting games the Wings have played this season.
And more on Meech. He made 2 terrible turnovers, one in 1st and 1 in 3rd period. He made a terrible turnover early in the 3rd period and did not see any ice time in the 3rd except for a short PP shift. Babcock used 5 Dmen. I say this because there are many posters here who think Meech is better than Lebda. Lebda is far better than Meech.

Old
12-06-2009, 12:35 PM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
This was one of the most exciting games the Wings have played this season.
And more on Meech. He made 2 terrible turnovers, one in 1st and 1 in 3rd period. He made a terrible turnover early in the 3rd period and did not see any ice time in the 3rd except for a short PP shift. Babcock used 5 Dmen. I say this because there are many posters here who think Meech is better than Lebda. Lebda is far better than Meech.
Meh, it's pick your poison. One may taste better than the other but in the end they'll both kill you

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Kiddington
heehats

Quote:
Note to many poster here as well. Many of you favour Meech ahead of Lebda, but Babcock prefers Lebda, Lebda played about 20 min, while Meech around 8.
It's the lesser of two evils. Both are mediocre fringe players that should be playing in Florida or over in Germany right now; Lebda just happens to be a slightly (and I do emphasize slightly) better player.

I don't know where all this Meech love is coming from. Am I the only one who doesn't see any sort of NHL future with this guy at all, aside from maybe being a 6th-7th d-man? I mean, seriously. He should have, by now, unseated Lebda for that final spot on the blueline (he's had going on three seasons to do that), and he still hasn't; and if it weren't for Kronwall's injury, he'd still be up in the press box right now.

Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 01:17 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvobodaMT View Post
It's the lesser of two evils. Both are mediocre fringe players that should be playing in Florida or over in Germany right now; Lebda just happens to be a slightly (and I do emphasize slightly) better player.

I don't know where all this Meech love is coming from. Am I the only one who doesn't see any sort of NHL future with this guy at all, aside from maybe being a 6th-7th d-man? I mean, seriously. He should have, by now, unseated Lebda for that final spot on the blueline (he's had going on three seasons to do that), and he still hasn't; and if it weren't for Kronwall's injury, he'd still be up in the press box right now.
Neither do I. But I know a lot of posters say Meech is much better than Lebda. I do not see it, and Babcock plays Lebda.
Meech made 2 terrible turnovers last game without any reason at all. Redmond commented how Ericsson played a lot, but he omitted to see that due to benching Meech Lidstrom, Ericsson, Stuart and Lebda all played more.

Old
12-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Franzenstein

Send a message via AIM to Franzenstein
Quote:
Neither do I. But I know a lot of posters say Meech is much better than Lebda. I do not see it, and Babcock plays Lebda.
Meech made 2 terrible turnovers last game without any reason at all. Redmond commented how Ericsson played a lot, but he omitted to see that due to benching Meech Lidstrom, Ericsson, Stuart and Lebda all played more.
Lets see, Lebda's played 199 more games than Meech. No one I've seen say's he's better. "They", like me, are sick of Lebda's bad decision making, as well as his inability to improve. Meech, who who has played 89 games in and out of the NHL over the Last 4 seasons maybe, JUST MAYBE, has some potential still hiding in him somewhere. To tell you the truth, I don't like either one of them, but what I do know is, I've seen Lebda play almost 300 games and can remember only about 3 good things he's done. I'm sick of Lebda. For the money he's making who do you replace him with? Oh yeah, Meech.

I wish we were healthy so this debate mattered.

Franzenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:34 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzenstein View Post
Lets see, Lebda's played 199 more games than Meech. No one I've seen say's he's better. "They", like me, are sick of Lebda's bad decision making, as well as his inability to improve. Meech, who who has played 89 games in and out of the NHL over the Last 4 seasons maybe, JUST MAYBE, has some potential still hiding in him somewhere. To tell you the truth, I don't like either one of them, but what I do know is, I've seen Lebda play almost 300 games and can remember only about 3 good things he's done. I'm sick of Lebda. For the money he's making who do you replace him with? Oh yeah, Meech.

I wish we were healthy so this debate mattered.
Did you watch the game last night?
Meech makes a very unnecessary turnover in the 1st period.
Babcock decides to give him another chance and then again, his 1st shift in the 3rd period and he again makes another unnecessary turnover. It was not like he was pressured, so he had no choise. There's a reason he played the least of all Dmen, he even played less than Kinld.
As for Lebda, for the money he makes and his role on the team, he is just OK.

Old
12-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Franzenstein

Send a message via AIM to Franzenstein
Quote:
Did you watch the game last night?
Meech makes a very unnecessary turnover in the 1st period.
Babcock decides to give him another chance and then again, his 1st shift in the 3rd period and he again makes another unnecessary turnover. It was not like he was pressured, so he had no choise. There's a reason he played the least of all Dmen, he even played less than Kinld.
As for Lebda, for the money he makes and his role on the team, he is just OK.
Yeah I watched the game and I agree w/ this 100%. But 4 years of watching Lebda has murdered any chances of me taking his side in any argument.

We need a "Dog House" sticky thread.

Franzenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 04:35 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Kindl was out 3 minutes longer than Meech. Might Kindl get the nod when people start coming back? Nah, what am I thinking, this is the Wings we're talking about. Silliness.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 04:47 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzenstein View Post
Yeah I watched the game and I agree w/ this 100%. But 4 years of watching Lebda has murdered any chances of me taking his side in any argument.

We need a "Dog House" sticky thread.
This is a really good idea.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote