HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan Carcillo Support Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-06-2009, 05:29 PM
  #26
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
I'm not going to stop supporting carcillo. He knows he did something stupid. But the calls on the ice have been insane. I hope campbell and betteman both rott in hell for this

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:31 PM
  #27
Readyrock
(・_・;)
 
Readyrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,708
vCash: 500
I've been on the Danwagon since day 1.

And, not in an Ironic-Folk-Hero way.

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:32 PM
  #28
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarfo View Post
I've been on the Danwagon since day 1.

And, not in an Ironic-Folk-Hero way.
likewise

also, where have you been?

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:32 PM
  #29
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Yeah 3 talent lines with 2 AHLers who have hardly done diddly as pros, that should end up fantastic for us
A problem with this team is that, when healthy, it has 7 top 6 players. That's nice for when one is injured but really makes for some confusion when you need to plug a skill player onto the 3rd line. If we get another in the offseason or one of the Phantoms develop, then we'd be able to have 3 scoring lines. One grinder on the third line with two skill players wouldn't much things up. But, who knows what will happen.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:36 PM
  #30
Lomark
Registered User
 
Lomark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
**** Carcillo. Trade him, send him down, I don't care. If you want to know why the refs hate us, he is a big part of the reason. Not only what he stands for, but because the Flyers embrace guys like him and are more then happy to roll him out every game.

Broad Street Bullies havent won a cup in 35 years. I'm ready to give up on the hotheads and waste of roster space guys (Cote) and give guys who try like Powe, Asham and Lappy the chance to play on our bottom line. These guys bring the same intensity as Dan Carcillo, without the retard plays. Hell, Powe and Asham can at least get on the board from time to time.

Until Gagne and Betts is back, bring up Matsumoto and Maroon for the 3rd line and roll 3 talent lines.

JVR-Giroux-Briere
Hartnell-Richards-Carter
Maroon-Matsumoto-Pyorala
Powe-Lappy-Asham
Umm no thanks.

Wasn't everyone praising Carcillo for his play on the line with Betts and Lappy just a couple of weeks ago? Man you guys turn on our players easily. He cost us one game. Some of our "stars" and their lack of emotion has gotten us in a 3-7-0 slump over the last 10 games. He knows he made a mistake and our captain has spoken to him about it. Get over it.

Lomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:44 PM
  #31
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Yeah 3 talent lines with 2 AHLers who have hardly done diddly as pros, that should end up fantastic for us
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomark View Post
Umm no thanks.

Wasn't everyone praising Carcillo for his play on the line with Betts and Lappy just a couple of weeks ago? Man you guys turn on our players easily. He cost us one game. Some of our "stars" and their lack of emotion has gotten us in a 3-7-0 slump over the last 10 games. He knows he made a mistake and our captain has spoken to him about it. Get over it.
Please tell me what Dan Carcillo has actually DONE to be more valuable to this team then some AHL'ers who want to be here and make a name for themselves? What does Carcillo bring to this team? Is what Carcillo bring worth the fact that he is a ticking timebomb who has ZERO roll in the playoffs except give the Pens PP oppurtunities to score on our adequate at best goaltenders? He is selfish, he has shown this.

Does Carcillo play the PK? No? What does he do? Oh, he hits people and gets in fights. Awesome. That's really helpful to winning hockey games.

What does Cote do? He LOSES fights. Awesome, he isn't even worth his tiny cap hit.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:45 PM
  #32
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Bob Clarke Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
**** Carcillo. Trade him, send him down, I don't care. If you want to know why the refs hate us, he is a big part of the reason. Not only what he stands for, but because the Flyers embrace guys like him and are more then happy to roll him out every game.

Broad Street Bullies havent won a cup in 35 years. I'm ready to give up on the hotheads and waste of roster space guys (Cote) and give guys who try like Powe, Asham and Lappy the chance to play on our bottom line. These guys bring the same intensity as Dan Carcillo, without the retard plays. Hell, Powe and Asham can at least get on the board from time to time.

Until Gagne and Betts is back, bring up Matsumoto and Maroon for the 3rd line and roll 3 talent lines.

JVR-Giroux-Briere
Hartnell-Richards-Carter
Maroon-Matsumoto-Pyorala
Powe-Lappy-Asham


Isn't this a support thread? I can't imagine how a Flyers fan could be this soft.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:47 PM
  #33
Mr Oysterhead
Registered User
 
Mr Oysterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 500
Been supporting him since the hour we traded for him. Definitely a stupid move last night but if Bradley gets a fighting call too (which I think he should have) and we kill off a shorter PP, that punch could have been the boost this team needs. He straight dropped Bradley. Don't see that too often. IMO, Bradley was making the move to punch, Carcy just got off a shot about four times as fast.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:48 PM
  #34
DayoftheGreek
Registered User
 
DayoftheGreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Carcillo has been playing harder than most of the guys on this team for a majority of this season. His stupid penalties are losing us a hell of lot less games than the listlessness of the skilled guys are. If they put half as much effort into a shift as Carcillo does, this team would be much better off.

For that, I applaud him.

DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:50 PM
  #35
Lomark
Registered User
 
Lomark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Please tell me what Dan Carcillo has actually DONE to be more valuable to this team then some AHL'ers who want to be here and make a name for themselves? What does Carcillo bring to this team? Is what Carcillo bring worth the fact that he is a ticking timebomb who has ZERO roll in the playoffs except give the Pens PP oppurtunities to score on our adequate at best goaltenders? He is selfish, he has shown this.

Does Carcillo play the PK? No? What does he do? Oh, he hits people and gets in fights. Awesome. That's really helpful to winning hockey games.

What does Cote do? He LOSES fights. Awesome, he isn't even worth his tiny cap hit.
This is where we disagree the most. In my eyes, he cares. Sometimes he gets a little carried away. This time it cost us a game, but as I said before, how many games has lack of effort from star players cost us?

Lomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:51 PM
  #36
Mr Oysterhead
Registered User
 
Mr Oysterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post
Carcillo has been playing harder than most of the guys on this team for a majority of this season. His stupid penalties are losing us a hell of lot less games than the listlessness of the skilled guys are. If they put half as much effort into a shift as Carcillo does, this team would be much better off.

For that, I applaud him.
This is also very true. Well said.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:53 PM
  #37
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Please tell me what Dan Carcillo has actually DONE to be more valuable to this team then some AHL'ers who want to be here and make a name for themselves? What does Carcillo bring to this team? Is what Carcillo bring worth the fact that he is a ticking timebomb who has ZERO roll in the playoffs except give the Pens PP oppurtunities to score on our adequate at best goaltenders? He is selfish, he has shown this.

Does Carcillo play the PK? No? What does he do? Oh, he hits people and gets in fights. Awesome. That's really helpful to winning hockey games.

What does Cote do? He LOSES fights. Awesome, he isn't even worth his tiny cap hit.
I've already stated that a situation like last night cannot happen again with Carcillo. But if you want to act like he hasn't been very good for us this year when he sticks to hockey then you are just oblivious. He brings much more to the table than you can expect out of anyone on the phantoms at this point in time

Maroon and Matsumoto would be rookies and likely liabilities in their own end. People here seem to have no concept of the learning curve associated with playing a solid game in the NHL. No team who wants to win a cup would put 4 rookies in their top 9. Its a retarded proposition. Those guys have decent but not great stats in the AHL and are minus players. Lets bring them up and rely on them to play ~12-15 minutes a night and match up with NHL scoring lines... great plan chief.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:54 PM
  #38
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Carcillo works his ass off. Undisciplined? at times. Selfish? no.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:00 PM
  #39
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,363
vCash: 500
Bradley dropped his gloves, and I can't ever remember a time in history when a fighting major is served before the minors it coincides with. The refs really screwed the pooch on this one, and now we need to miss another player for 4 games cause Bradley is a bleeder and has a soft nose/chin. Ridiculous.

Carcillo has been playing great this year, and aside from the cross-check portion of last night's event, I think he did what any chippy/grinder player would have done. When it comes to the fighting call I believe the old adage "It takes two to tango," applies here.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:02 PM
  #40
bakunin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
He's the man. And a lot of fun to watch!

bakunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:04 PM
  #41
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Isn't this a support thread? I can't imagine how a Flyers fan could be this soft.
I dont care if this is a support thread, Carcillo is public enemy #1 right now for me. Carter and Hartnell can get some leeway from me because they do carry this team at times. Carter is a PPG player. Hartnell is a gritty second liner.

Carcillo is a nobody and a liability. Believe me that I don't want my team to be "soft", I just dont want my team to be stupid. Because that is what Carcillo is. He is a hothead. Not because he was protecting the team, but because some guy said something and then checked him. Big deal, man up, hit him back later in the game, and ****ing WIN.

I could care less if the Flyers fight 10 times and win every fight if we keep losing. At the end of the day, the Flyers are still losers, which is unacceptable. I want to WIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomark View Post
This is where we disagree the most. In my eyes, he cares. Sometimes he gets a little carried away. This time it cost us a game, but as I said before, how many games has lack of effort from star players cost us?
He cares about himself. Everyone has been bad. Am I not angry at Richards, Briere, Hartnell, Giroux, JVR, and Carter? Yes, I am. However, they actually are capable of carrying this team, and they are ones who will turn this team around. We need to surround them with the right roleplayers to succeed. Carcillos stunt happened at the lowest and worst possible moment. Why? Because he got angry at some d-bag. He sucker-punched that guy. Yeah, the guy was willing to fight, but he was in the process of throwing his gloves off when he got 1-hit KO'd.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:09 PM
  #42
medicman
 
medicman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Myerstown PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,144
vCash: 500
As I said from the beginning, I like him. He was starting to play better and show more discipline. He ****ed up and he knows it. Twas a bad night for everybody. Let him serve his four and see what he's like on the flip side!

medicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:12 PM
  #43
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
So sick of people saying Carcillo is useless. You clearly don't watch games and know nothing about hockey if this is your opinion.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:16 PM
  #44
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I dont care if this is a support thread, Carcillo is public enemy #1 right now for me. Carter and Hartnell can get some leeway from me because they do carry this team at times. Carter is a PPG player. Hartnell is a gritty second liner.

Carcillo is a nobody and a liability. Believe me that I don't want my team to be "soft", I just dont want my team to be stupid. Because that is what Carcillo is. He is a hothead. Not because he was protecting the team, but because some guy said something and then checked him. Big deal, man up, hit him back later in the game, and ****ing WIN.

I could care less if the Flyers fight 10 times and win every fight if we keep losing. At the end of the day, the Flyers are still losers, which is unacceptable. I want to WIN.



He cares about himself. Everyone has been bad. Am I not angry at Richards, Briere, Hartnell, Giroux, JVR, and Carter? Yes, I am. However, they actually are capable of carrying this team, and they are ones who will turn this team around. We need to surround them with the right roleplayers to succeed. Carcillos stunt happened at the lowest and worst possible moment. Why? Because he got angry at some d-bag. He sucker-punched that guy. Yeah, the guy was willing to fight, but he was in the process of throwing his gloves off when he got 1-hit KO'd.
Carcillo is Public Enemy #1? Wow, you need to actually watch some games dude.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:20 PM
  #45
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomark View Post
Umm no thanks.

Wasn't everyone praising Carcillo for his play on the line with Betts and Lappy just a couple of weeks ago? Man you guys turn on our players easily. He cost us one game. Some of our "stars" and their lack of emotion has gotten us in a 3-7-0 slump over the last 10 games. He knows he made a mistake and our captain has spoken to him about it. Get over it.
because most of these people are front running folk that jump on the backs of popular players and defend garbage (upshall). I dont get it. They have been waiting for something to happen to blame this skid on because they dont have the balls or the intellegance to realize that the team as a whole sucks right now and it starts at the top with the golden boys, richards, carter, hartnell, etc. No we blame Carcillo for 1 incident that we all know wasnt as bad as the NHL is making out to be.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:25 PM
  #46
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
I will support mostly every player that is on the team as long as they are not soft. I will join the support train!!!

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:29 PM
  #47
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail
 
JXC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
I love the guy...

But i think this should be his last chance... I hope this is a wakeup call.
Dittos

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:35 PM
  #48
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Hes still my favorite player on the roster right now. I hope he's more careful in the future, everything he does is watched.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:39 PM
  #49
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
So sick of people saying Carcillo is useless. You clearly don't watch games and know nothing about hockey if this is your opinion.
Clearly I dont watch the games because I know some 3rd/4th liner who forechecks is a dime a dozen and not worth the liability he brings to the squad? If Carcillo was GOOD maybe he would get some leeway from me, but he isnt even good. He is a hack. He should STRIVE to be Lappy. Lappy risks his body to make plays. Lappy has character and comes back after taking a puck in the mouth, Lappy plays the PK and he does it well. That is what I want from my 4th liners. Carcillo is none of those things, and he doesnt have the offensive upside to play 3rd line. The answer is simple, he should be dumped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Carcillo is Public Enemy #1? Wow, you need to actually watch some games dude.
I do. You guys love the guy because he is entertaining, not because he helps this team win games. In fact, while we are trying to get our game back on track after a losing streak, he does everything he can to **** it up rather then help.

He has emotions, he is intense, I get it. However, he is not a good fit for this team. I hope he gets traded. I'd love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
because most of these people are front running folk that jump on the backs of popular players and defend garbage (upshall). I dont get it. They have been waiting for something to happen to blame this skid on because they dont have the balls or the intellegance to realize that the team as a whole sucks right now and it starts at the top with the golden boys, richards, carter, hartnell, etc. No we blame Carcillo for 1 incident that we all know wasnt as bad as the NHL is making out to be.
Quote:
most of the people are front running folk who jump the back of popular players
= YOU DRIZZ. Some recent fan who jumps on Carcillo's **** when he does nothing but fight and forecheck while condemning our best goal scorer because he isnt getting it done right now.

Quote:
They have been waiting for something to happen to blame this skid on because they dont have the balls or the intellegance to realize that the team as a whole sucks right now
Again, you blame Jeff Carter for this skid, when Emery and Boucher and the D are letting in every goal they can and Carcillo is taking 4-game suspensions rather then helping this team move in the right direction.

Quote:
No we blame Carcillo for 1 incident that we all know wasnt as bad as the NHL is making out to be
False, I think the NHL did the right thing. Carcillo got what he deserved. The Flyers have been getting every OTHER suspension for the past few YEARS. The Flyers should be working on preventing these suspensions by being disciplined, instead Carcillo, who has been warned to keep up his act for years and has been TRADED due to his attitute goes and acts like a **** AGAIN.

Quote:
the team as a whole sucks right now and it starts at the top with the golden boys, richards, carter, hartnell, etc.
The WHOLE BOARD is mad at Carter and Richards and gang while YOU give Carcillo a pass because you like him cuz he fights

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:40 PM
  #50
Lomark
Registered User
 
Lomark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
because most of these people are front running folk that jump on the backs of popular players and defend garbage (upshall). I dont get it. They have been waiting for something to happen to blame this skid on because they dont have the balls or the intellegance to realize that the team as a whole sucks right now and it starts at the top with the golden boys, richards, carter, hartnell, etc. No we blame Carcillo for 1 incident that we all know wasnt as bad as the NHL is making out to be.
Yeah.
When we win it's because our star players are sooo good. When we lose it's all about finding a scapegoat on our bottom 6 or our 3rd pairing..
And hey, I'm not saying Carcillo didn't lose us this one game, but how about the other 3 games we lost before that?

Lets win and lose as a team please. We have a very good team let's see what Laviolette can do with it.
If he can't turn it around then maybe it's the top 6 that needs a shakeup not the bottom 6..

Lomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.