HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Richardson

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2009, 03:55 PM
  #1
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Richardson

So, guys.........


What do you think of Richardson now.
That guy is fast and has playmaking skills and decent Hands
I always said to put him on a scoring line.
He is a huge waste on the 4th line tough he is doing a good job there.
Man, he could fix our 2nd line Center Problem.

Let's move Stoll to the 4th line as a shut down Center and a PP specialist...
Not to shoot that exactly should help him with his arthritis too.


What about a Frolov - Richardson - Brown line???

BTW... we have to get rid of Harrold somehow

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 04:09 PM
  #2
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,076
vCash: 500
Richardson is not a scoring line player.

Just get him a couple of NHL caliber wingers (as opposed to Ivanans and Harrold) and he will be a real productive bottom 6 player who is great on the PK.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 06:18 PM
  #3
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: place
Country: United States
Posts: 2,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
So, guys.........


What do you think of Richardson now.
That guy is fast and has playmaking skills and decent Hands
I always said to put him on a scoring line.
He is a huge waste on the 4th line tough he is doing a good job there.
Man, he could fix our 2nd line Center Problem.

Let's move Stoll to the 4th line as a shut down Center and a PP specialist...
Not to shoot that exactly should help him with his arthritis too.


What about a Frolov - Richardson - Brown line???

BTW... we have to get rid of Harrold somehow
A couple goals and the guy's the second coming of Ziggy Palffy. Richie's doing his job where he belongs. If he scores more, that's only a plus.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 07:00 PM
  #4
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
I'm asking for 2nd line dutys since he is here in L.A.
It's not that i notice, oh this guys has 3 goals in 3 games" Gretzky is coming back...

I see more in him, it's just his grit, his speed, his passes and his hands who makes me think he is a better 2nd liner than Stoll

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:15 PM
  #5
KingsRule
Registered User
 
KingsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
i really like richie. He busts his ass every night and is finally getting the bounces to go his way.

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 12:59 AM
  #6
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
lol @ the people who were saying that Richardson was playing poorly... un-freaking-believable. If it takes a goal scoring streak to get them to do it, so be it, but the fact is that Richardson has not changed a thing about his game, he's just getting the bounces finally.

He stays on the 4th line. Once we get real 4th liners, he will be in good shape.

Peter Harrold is not a real 4th liner. Raitis Ivanans is not a real 4th liner. Teddy Purcell is not a real 4th liner. Segal may be a real 4th liner?

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 01:23 AM
  #7
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,163
vCash: 500
Personally I dislike Stoll almost as much as you (he isn't a 2nd line center of a Cup contender), that being said he is playing great right now, and taking off the 2nd line would be stupid. Not only that but Richardson is a lesser player than Stoll he is good but only place he is a 2nd line center is on a team that isn't making the playoffs. Keep Richardson in his role, 4th line center that moves up in the 3rd period for a player that is struggling and to add a center for crucial defensive zone face offs.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 01:40 PM
  #8
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!
 
Scrivezina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RSM, CA
Posts: 2,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Personally I dislike Stoll almost as much as you (he isn't a 2nd line center of a Cup contender), that being said he is playing great right now, and taking off the 2nd line would be stupid. Not only that but Richardson is a lesser player than Stoll he is good but only place he is a 2nd line center is on a team that isn't making the playoffs. Keep Richardson in his role, 4th line center that moves up in the 3rd period for a player that is struggling and to add a center for crucial defensive zone face offs.
That sums it up for me. The only difference is I do like Stoll. When I saw him take two pucks to the shins against Carolina that sealed the deal for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjacriQszzU

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 01:57 PM
  #9
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Richardson has finally got the puck bouncing his way. (I think they took the magnets out of the pucks for him). His hustle has always been there, but not the results. Its amazing what a little bit of confidence can do for a player. Man, if only Anze could get a bounce now.

Still, can't see mving Stoll off his current line as he is producing while Brownie is still snake-bitten. Thank goodness for secondary scoring, in the form of we are finally getting some!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:10 PM
  #10
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Richardson has finally got the puck bouncing his way. (I think they took the magnets out of the pucks for him). His hustle has always been there, but not the results. Its amazing what a little bit of confidence can do for a player. Man, if only Anze could get a bounce now.

Still, can't see mving Stoll off his current line as he is producing while Brownie is still snake-bitten. Thank goodness for secondary scoring, in the form of we are finally getting some!
It isn't that the bounce is going his way as much as he's no longer playing on a line with Harrold and Raitis.

Put Anze on the line with Raitis and Harrold and let's see how well he does.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:14 PM
  #11
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,742
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Richardson is a good 4th line center who will look even better when he's centering guys like Clune and Segal/Westgarth.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:18 PM
  #12
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Richardson is a good 4th line center who will look even better when he's centering guys like Clune and Segal/Westgarth.
Westgarth? Why, because he scored a couple of goals the other night? I think Segal could remain on the 4th line and possibly Clune if he can stay free of injury. However, Westy is no solution to any of our problems.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:19 PM
  #13
Omni Owl
Registered User
 
Omni Owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Richardson is a good 4th line center who will look even better when he's centering guys like Clune and Segal/Westgarth.
Absolutely. And say if someone like Stoll or Handzus goes down, Richie can move up in one of their places.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:32 PM
  #14
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,742
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Westgarth? Why, because he scored a couple of goals the other night? I think Segal could remain on the 4th line and possibly Clune if he can stay free of injury. However, Westy is no solution to any of our problems.
Because he's better than Anchorvans.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:34 PM
  #15
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Westgarth? Why, because he scored a couple of goals the other night? I think Segal could remain on the 4th line and possibly Clune if he can stay free of injury. However, Westy is no solution to any of our problems.
How can you say that? Ivanans never ever produced anywhere in his career, whereas Westgarth has at least produced at a decent level at both the college and AHL levels. Ivanans is not a hockey player, whereas Westy is a hockey player that also fights

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:42 PM
  #16
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Because he's better than Anchorvans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
How can you say that? Ivanans never ever produced anywhere in his career, whereas Westgarth has at least produced at a decent level at both the college and AHL levels. Ivanans is not a hockey player, whereas Westy is a hockey player that also fights
A part of me actually would like to have Westy back up here just to prove to you guys that he's not nhl ready. Just out of curiosity, what was Westy's ATOI the games that he played up here, anyone know? My guess is it's less than Ivanans' ATOI. There's a reason why TM limits Westy's ATOI, the guy just simply can't skate. You think Raitis is slow, you guys need to pay closer attention to see how Westy snowplows out on the ice.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:48 PM
  #17
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
A part of me actually would like to have Westy back up here just to prove to you guys that he's not nhl ready. Just out of curiosity, what was Westy's ATOI the games that he played up here, anyone know? My guess is it's less than Ivanans' ATOI. There's a reason why TM limits Westy's ATOI, the guy just simply can't skate. You think Raitis is slow, you guys need to pay closer attention to see how Westy snowplows out on the ice.
Well I'm not trying to say that Westy is NHL ready. But Ivanans never has been NHL ready. He's the kind of guy that would do the exact same thing at any level.

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:49 PM
  #18
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,742
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
A part of me actually would like to have Westy back up here just to prove to you guys that he's not nhl ready. Just out of curiosity, what was Westy's ATOI the games that he played up here, anyone know? My guess is it's less than Ivanans' ATOI. There's a reason why TM limits Westy's ATOI, the guy just simply can't skate. You think Raitis is slow, you guys need to pay closer attention to see how Westy snowplows out on the ice.
Why is ATOI and indication of whether or not Westgarth is better than Ivanans? They both play less than 10 mins a game. Westgarth was a +1 and had 9 PIM's in 9 games. I'm willing to bet that over the course of a season he'd have better stats than Ivanans.

Ivanans best season in the AHL saw him score 8 points at age 24. Westgarth scored 12 at age 23.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:04 PM
  #19
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
Well I'm not trying to say that Westy is NHL ready. But Ivanans never has been NHL ready. He's the kind of guy that would do the exact same thing at any level.
Interesting. So, if the kings were to trade either Ivanans or Westy to any team in the nhl for a 7th round pick, do you REALLY think that the majority of gms would pick Westy over Raitis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Why is ATOI and indication of whether or not Westgarth is better than Ivanans?
You're kidding me right? You do know that TM gives icetime to those who play well and bench those that don't or he doesn't have confidence in right? ATOI is the measure of success in eyes the of TM and that's more important than any other stat.

And let's not fool ourselves, we don't have guys like Ivanans and Westy to add scoring. Yes, it'd be nice once in awhile but primary reason for them being on the team is to provide toughness and not be a liability out on the ice which I believe Westy still is.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:06 PM
  #20
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Interesting. So, if the kings were to trade either Ivanans or Westy to any team in the nhl for a 7th round pick, do you REALLY think that the majority of gms would pick Westy over Raitis?



You're kidding me right? You do know that TM gives icetime to those who play well and bench those that don't or he doesn't have confidence in right? ATOI is the measure of success in eyes of TM and that's more important than any other stat.

And let's not fool ourselves, we don't have guys like Ivanans and Westy to add scoring. Yes, it'd be nice once in awhile but primary reason for them being on the team is to provide toughness and not be a liability out on the ice which I believe Westy still is.
I think you are still missing the point. JS Aubin garnered a 7th round pick a couple of years ago, yet Corey Crawford went unclaimed when he was waived. At the time, Aubin sucked and Crawford was doing pretty well in the AHL.

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:13 PM
  #21
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
I think you are still missing the point. JS Aubin garnered a 7th round pick a couple of years ago, yet Corey Crawford went unclaimed when he was waived. At the time, Aubin sucked and Crawford was doing pretty well in the AHL.
We're discussing which player of the two Raitis or Westy is the better player. And by using my example it would give a clear indication as to which player is better.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:15 PM
  #22
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
We're discussing which player of the two Raitis or Westy is the better player. And by using my example it would give a clear indication as to which player is better.
No, because it's a fallacy to assume that what a GM would pay for one player is a measuring stick for how good they are. you ignore the context that falls behind any deal. You are looking at deals and GM's in a very simplistic manner

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:25 PM
  #23
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
No, because it's a fallacy to assume that what a GM would pay for one player is a measuring stick for how good they are. you ignore the context that falls behind any deal. You are looking at deals and GM's in a very simplistic manner
How about if we just simply ask the gms "who's the better player"? Perhaps, if we'd ask nhl players who's the better player of the two? Maybe ask the ahl goons, who they would rather fight against.

Go ahead an hate on Raitis as majority of this board does. I'm just saying that Westy isn't a better solution that's all. Now, if someone said Clune in lieu of Raitis then I would gladly choose Clune over Raitis but not Westy.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:47 PM
  #24
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14
 
CTKingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 2,384
vCash: 500
Westgarth is a better player then Ivanans. Westie is slow, but he did out skate 3 or 4 Devil players today and got a nice shot off on a break away. Overall I think Westie has a better hockey sense and more talent then Ivanans, hell he's even a better fighter.

The thing with Clune is he doesn't give you the size that Westie or Ivanans gives you.


Last edited by CTKingsFan: 12-06-2009 at 08:54 PM.
CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:49 PM
  #25
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
How about if we just simply ask the gms "who's the better player"? Perhaps, if we'd ask nhl players who's the better player of the two? Maybe ask the ahl goons, who they would rather fight against.

Go ahead an hate on Raitis as majority of this board does. I'm just saying that Westy isn't a better solution that's all. Now, if someone said Clune in lieu of Raitis then I would gladly choose Clune over Raitis but not Westy.
Ivanans hate? I hate the fact that he can't work the cycle, and that he regularily takes offensive zone penalties. Seriously, we just ask this guy to skate out there and fight. HE can't even do taht! Do you have such low standards for players?

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.