HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan Carcillo Support Thread

Old
12-06-2009, 05:40 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Don't hit me, I know I'm stepping into a snake pit here, but just a suggestion.

Why not a poll? Let the board decide. Should Carcillo remain with the team, is he finished, deserved penalty, less penalty or whatever.
How about a poll about you leaving the boards? Let the board decide. I'm sure if it was OKT in the same situation you would be lauding him for this saying it is absurd he was suspended because he is your best friend (which by the way, really impresses everyone on here).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:45 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Clearly I dont watch the games because I know some 3rd/4th liner who forechecks is a dime a dozen and not worth the liability he brings to the squad? If Carcillo was GOOD maybe he would get some leeway from me, but he isnt even good. He is a hack. He should STRIVE to be Lappy. Lappy risks his body to make plays. Lappy has character and comes back after taking a puck in the mouth, Lappy plays the PK and he does it well. That is what I want from my 4th liners. Carcillo is none of those things, and he doesnt have the offensive upside to play 3rd line. The answer is simple, he should be dumped.
Lappy and Carcillo are completely different players. You can't ask for Carcillo to "strive to be Lappy." Lets be serious. Carcillo set up our first goal last night before the fight happened, I think people fail to remember that.

Would you really be this upset if Carcillo had waited 1 more second to knock Bradley the **** out?

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Lomark

Quote:
Clearly I dont watch the games because I know some 3rd/4th liner who forechecks is a dime a dozen and not worth the liability he brings to the squad? If Carcillo was GOOD maybe he would get some leeway from me, but he isnt even good. He is a hack. He should STRIVE to be Lappy. Lappy risks his body to make plays. Lappy has character and comes back after taking a puck in the mouth, Lappy plays the PK and he does it well. That is what I want from my 4th liners. Carcillo is none of those things, and he doesnt have the offensive upside to play 3rd line. The answer is simple, he should be dumped.

I do. You guys love the guy because he is entertaining, not because he helps this team win games. In fact, while we are trying to get our game back on track after a losing streak, he does everything he can to **** it up rather then help.

He has emotions, he is intense, I get it. However, he is not a good fit for this team. I hope he gets traded. I'd love it.

= YOU DRIZZ. Some recent fan who jumps on Carcillo's **** when he does nothing but fight and forecheck while condemning our best goal scorer because he isnt getting it done right now.

Again, you blame Jeff Carter for this skid, when Emery and Boucher and the D are letting in every goal they can and Carcillo is taking 4-game suspensions rather then helping this team move in the right direction.

False, I think the NHL did the right thing. Carcillo got what he deserved. The Flyers have been getting every OTHER suspension for the past few YEARS. The Flyers should be working on preventing these suspensions by being disciplined, instead Carcillo, who has been warned to keep up his act for years and has been TRADED due to his attitute goes and acts like a **** AGAIN.

The WHOLE BOARD is mad at Carter and Richards and gang while YOU give Carcillo a pass because you like him cuz he fights
I can actually almost see where you are coming from. You seem to be an intelligent guy.
We just don't view Carcillo and what he brings to the team the same way.
You talk about leeway. Why should our stars get more than Carcillo? Aren't Carter, Richards, Pronger, Hartnell, Briere etc the ones who should be counted on to win games for us? If anything shouldn't they be held to higher standards than our "dime a dozen" players? We lose 3 games in a row for the first time in like forever because of core players, then we lose one game because of a stupid play from a heart and soul player and all hell breaks lose. Carcillo has been severly punished. Our captain has spoken to him and he is probably well aware that this will be his last chance.
Let it be.

Also... LEAVE DANIEL ALONE!! WHAAA!!

Lomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
I said This:

Carcillo:
5 for fighting, 2 for instigation (I beleive that leads to an ejection)

Bradley:
5 for fighting. IMO He agreed to fight by dropping his gloves.

Washington gets a 2 minute PP.

crosscheck?

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:15 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:

= YOU DRIZZ. Some recent fan who jumps on Carcillo's **** when he does nothing but fight and forecheck while condemning our best goal scorer because he isnt getting it done right now.

Ive been on his **** since the day they traded that ****** upshall for him. You are god damn right im condemning our best goal scorer because for weeks he has been skating around like hes on a romantic date and not doing his job. We have players like Powe, Carcillo, betts, Lappy, who bust their ***** every shift, and we have a 40 goal scorer who wont do ****. Thats why this team is on a skid, not because Carcillo made a bad descion in a game. id be on the hate wagon if he did it every few games but he doesnt. I think Scott Hartnell takes more costly penalties on a regualr basis than Carcillo.

Oh just because I joined these boards recently doesnt mean im "some recent fan" HFBoards doesnt determine how long you've been a fan. I like a different part of the game, and players who play hard. Its hard to support people who dont try, and Carter hasnt this year. Carcillo ****ed up, and he got ****ed too. The penalties were too much and so was the suspension.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:16 PM
sunnydaycrash

I know I`ll get flamed for posting but bugger it, have a looky see.
Carcillo`s about to launch the right and look, Bradley`s gloves are still on. His rigght glove did come off but that was after Carcillo was in mid swing.
According to Carcillo, he saw Bradley drop his gloves...really????
Courtesy of Jasper`s Rink.

http://www.japersrink.com/2009/12/5/...ut-that-daniel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cockedbeforegloves_medium.jpg‎ (17.4 KB, 7 views)

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:17 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
crosscheck?
Knew I missed something.

Old
12-06-2009, 06:19 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
Carcillo`s about to launch the right and look, Bradley`s gloves are still on. His rigght glove did come off but that was after Carcillo was in mid swing.

how about u go into the other thread and see the pic where bradleys gloves ARE off and carcillo hadnt thrwon his punch.

Old
12-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Lomark

Quote:
Ive been on his **** since the day they traded that ****** upshall for him. You are god damn right im condemning our best goal scorer because for weeks he has been skating around like hes on a romantic date and not doing his job. We have players like Powe, Carcillo, betts, Lappy, who bust their ***** every shift, and we have a 40 goal scorer who wont do ****. Thats why this team is on a skid, not because Carcillo made a bad descion in a game. id be on the hate wagon if he did it every few games but he doesnt. I think Scott Hartnell takes more costly penalties on a regualr basis than Carcillo.

Oh just because I joined these boards recently doesnt mean im "some recent fan" HFBoards doesnt determine how long you've been a fan. I like a different part of the game, and players who play hard. Its hard to support people who dont try, and Carter hasnt this year. Carcillo ****ed up, and he got ****ed too. The penalties were too much and so was the suspension.
You're probably my favourite poster as of now.

Lomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:28 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomark View Post
You're probably my favourite poster as of now.
lmfao thats a first

eh what do you know uve been here a month u dont know jack about hockey! jk

Old
12-06-2009, 06:30 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post

I don't think a picture .001 seconds before the gloves come off proves anything. If you watch the video you can clearly see Bradley shaking his gloves off when Carcillo begins his punch.

Old
12-06-2009, 06:33 PM
UseYourAllusion

The amount of emphasis put on still photos in arguments on these boards is preposterous.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

IrishSniper, I don't have any quote of yours to post and debate - but somewhere you crossed the line between fanhood and living some vicarious frustration. Your posts are increasingly bizarre, long-winded and angry.

Quote:
I dont care if this is a support thread, Carcillo is public enemy #1 right now for me.

Carcillo is a nobody and a liability.

Yikes. What's with the hyperbole?

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:34 PM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

I had his back during the trade and haven't changed my mind. Keep him.

six sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:35 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
I don't think a picture .001 seconds before the gloves come off proves anything. If you watch the video you can clearly see Bradley shaking his gloves off when Carcillo begins his punch.
Doesnt matter, in order for a fight to be legit you must let ur opponent get ready, and hit you before you hit back.

Old
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
crosscheck?
That kind of thing happens after a lot of checks in the NHL and aren't called. Could go either way. Not upset that it was called, but wouldn't have been shocked if it wasn't and I doubt anyone else would have been.

Old
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarfo View Post
IrishSniper, I don't have any quote of yours to post and debate - but somewhere you crossed the line between fanhood and living some vicarious frustration. Your posts are increasingly bizarre, long-winded and angry.

Old
12-06-2009, 06:37 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Doesnt matter, in order for a fight to be legit you must let ur opponent get ready, and hit you before you hit back.
You have to wait for someone to hit you before you hit back?

Old
12-06-2009, 06:42 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
You have to wait for someone to hit you before you hit back?

Thats the rehtoric half the people and the NHL seem to beleive. Which is ****ing retarded. Every fight ive been in in my life the object was to hit the other guy more than you got hit. But thats why Riley Cote is so loved, he takes punches!

Old
12-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Thats the rehtoric half the people and the NHL seem to beleive. Which is ****ing retarded. Every fight ive been in in my life the object was to hit the other guy more than you got hit. But thats why Riley Cote is so loved, he takes punches!
The first time anyone has had 29 PIMs without any penalties being called the other way.

No matter what you think of Carcillo, is that really the worst single offense in the history of hockey? Something that would justify maxing out the possible PIMs a player can receive on a single play? Of course not. It's ****ing retarded. What we are seeing here is rampant, unmitigated ******ry.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Centauris*

Quote:
I'm going to change my avatar.. since yours is better.

also.. stop bashing Dan or i'll cut your nuts off

Centauris* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:48 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
The first time anyone has had 29 PIMs without any penalties being called the other way.

No matter what you think of Carcillo, is that really the worst single offense in the history of hockey? Something that would justify maxing out the possible PIMs a player can receive on a single play? Of course not. It's ****ing retarded. What we are seeing here is rampant, unmitigated ******ry.
The crux of the matter.

Old
12-06-2009, 06:55 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post

Ive seen this incident happen 100 times, but the other guy didnt have a glass jaw and go down like a sack of potatoes. They actually took the punch and fought back. I think this isnt an issue if Bradley can take a punch.

Old
12-06-2009, 06:59 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centauris View Post
I'm going to change my avatar.. since yours is better.

also.. stop bashing Dan or i'll cut your nuts off
I want one of Carcillo yelling where gobs of spit are flying out from his missing teeth.

Old
12-06-2009, 07:00 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

No one complained when Dave Shultz was racking up PIMs. Just saying.