HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Richardson

Old
12-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Tried trading for Richardson on NHL EHM 07 and the Avalanche told me that he was a franchise player and untouchable So he must be good

I love Richardson though. I have been saying that since we got him and all throughout last season when I felt he should have been playing. I think Avalanche fans' assessment of him have been dead on.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Trading a 2nd for him looks pretty good right about now.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
hmmm guys........

let the stats beside.
Stoll just has a better shot than him. But if it comes to center a line
Richardson is by far better than him.
That's a reason for me to ask for moving him.
I'm pretty sure Kopitar, Malkin or Crosby would be a hell of
a 4th line Center but would anyone move them to the 4th line ????

BTW did anyone notice what happens to Brown when he is switched to the 1st line ???????
That happend in the St.Louis game for a couple of minutes.
Suddenly he starts his old game, with grit, speed and poise.
I'm think of the move, when he picked up the puck in the own end and Kopitar and Williams opened the middel for him and he fly through the middle

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 08:57 PM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Tried trading for Richardson on NHL EHM 07 and the Avalanche told me that he was a franchise player and untouchable So he must be good

I love Richardson though. I have been saying that since we got him and all throughout last season when I felt he should have been playing. I think Avalanche fans' assessment of him have been dead on.

I did too. He did put up 14 goals for the Avs in 06-07 and he's only 24. I think that can be his career potential is a Checking line player who puts up 10-15 goals and has speed.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Trading a 2nd for him looks pretty good right about now.
I don't know about that.

Do we really want to keep giving up our 2nd round pick for 4th line players? Yeah, he's scored some of late and he MAY have better skills than some may have thought but imo, he's still not worthy of a 2nd round pick especially when you factor in last year's play.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I don't know about that.

Do we really want to keep giving up our 2nd round pick for 4th line players? Yeah, he's scored some of late and he MAY have better skills than some may have thought but imo, he's still not worthy of a 2nd round pick especially when you factor in last year's play.
Come on. He was traded for the last pick in the 2nd round, which is basically a 3rd. And it's not like Delmas is tearing it up in Lewiston either.

Old
12-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Come on. He was traded for the last pick in the 2nd round, which is basically a 3rd. And it's not like Delmas is tearing it up in Lewiston either.
Well, first off, Delmas was a COL pick not ours, who knows who kings would have drafted. Even then, I just think that even a late 2nd round pick is an overpayment for anyone playing the 4th line. That's just how I see it.

Anyhoo, Richardson will be a RFA at the end of this season so, it should be interesting to see if he'll be back next year. I take it that you want him coming back next season. I'm somewhat on the fence on Richardson as big part of me wants to build a feisty and in-your face 4th line.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Well, first off, Delmas was a COL pick not ours, who knows who kings would have drafted. Even then, I just think that even a late 2nd round pick is an overpayment for anyone playing the 4th line. That's just how I see it.

Anyhoo, Richardson will be a RFA at the end of this season so, it should be interesting to see if he'll be back next year. I take it that you want him coming back next season. I'm somewhat on the fence on Richardson as big part of me wants to build a feisty and in-your face 4th line.
The draft is such a crap shoot, I'm not upset that the last pick of the 2nd round was dealt for an NHL'er, 4th line or not.

I'm indifferent to Richardson really. I don't care if he's back or not but I don't think that he's a problem on the 4th line because, while he's not overly physical or gritty his speed and ability on the forecheck makes up for it.

Old
12-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Johnny Utah

Only reason people are excited because no one can remember the last time a 4th line center on the Kings scored more than 3 goals as many games...

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:

I feel pretty comfortable declaring that he'll absolutely be back next season. He's cheap, competent and versatile, and he's looking even better since his ice-time was increased.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:39 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
If you get a player like Richardson with a 3rd round pick, you are pretty ecstatic.

The only difference is taht the guy we traded for is contributing now rather than in 3-4 years

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote