Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland

Miikka Tuomainen

Old
08-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Tony Piscotta
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Miikka Tuomainen

Where does he fit in Lukko's plans this season and would he still be considered an NHL prospect or has his play leveled off from the promise he showed as a junior player?

Tony Piscotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Cono

If he can find more some character he is a beast. Last season was his best so far. I say still possible that he breaks trough to elite. He has a chance to take a spot from Lukko´s upper lines this year but he has to earn it.

Cono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 02:53 AM
Korkki

When only reading from Jatkoaika what the fans have written Tuomainen has close to zero chance to succeed this year. Nearly 100% of lukkofans are hoping him to be assigned to Mestis or somewhere else. They have lost the confidence that Tuomainen could find the character. And got to admit that on the recent Ässät game I saw I noticed him only in the warm-up. He was totally invisible on ice.

Korkki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 06:29 PM
psycho_dad

Well you are exaggerating a bit there Korkki, but you are right, he has not really shown much in the exhibition games.

I don't think Tuomainen will ever become good enough to play in the NHL. Physically he is an absolute beast, huge guy and all muscle, miles ahead average hockey player in strength and fitness tests....he skates brilliant for a big guy too. But that is ALL THERE IS. He only momentarily uses that body of his the right way, there is not one defender who can really stop him if he WANTS it bad enough, but he just doesn't seem to want to drive the net. And I guess if you are completely clueless infront of the net with the puck, there is not much point driving there either.

If somebody teaches him a few things, like shooting high from close up and gets it in his head that he is closer to a bull than a human in physical aspect, he will be great....an amazing power forward for any level...his physical ability would be top tier even in the NHL. But I have absolutely no hope for that happening. He might pick up a few things, learn how to release the puck infront of the goal and maybe score 10-15 goals max in the finnish league one day. With absolutely rigorous shooting training and a hefty dose of testosterone he can be an NHL player. Or a tractor.

psycho_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 09:29 PM
psycho_dad

I guess he chose to be a hockey player rather than a tractor. 5 goals in 6 games, he has shown some sick moves and people are seriously starting to wonder where did he get a new set of hands. He has been on fire, and he is doing all this scoring from a very limited time on ice, he also kills penalties. His shooting percentage is like 45%

Of course, nobody still expects him to be a top sniper in the league, but if he continues to play like he has, this will finally be his big breakout year. Like i said earlier, physically there is no league he could not dominate in, but mentally and skills wise he has been lacking. It seems that someone finally got it through to him that it's alright to step on twigs and remove branches, swat flys and mosquitos when you are going for the goal. You dont need to go around them anymore, just go through.

Way to go Miikka! And Shefki Kuqi wanted to know where you got them hands, and if they had any feet for sale?

psycho_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 07:50 AM
FINNtastic

Bump!

Miikka was selected for the first time to the Finnish national hockey team (Moscow EHT). So congrats to him! A small reward for starting the season so well.

Team Finland: http://79.125.21.88/statistics/hocke...00021715&BIND=

FINNtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Tony Piscotta
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINNtastic View Post
Bump!

Miikka was selected for the first time to the Finnish national hockey team (Moscow EHT). So congrats to him! A small reward for starting the season so well.

Team Finland: http://79.125.21.88/statistics/hocke...00021715&BIND=
By comparison, how does he compare to teammate Janne Keranen in terms of their ability to one day play in North America?

Tony Piscotta is offline   Reply With Quote