HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan Carcillo Support Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-06-2009, 08:01 PM
  #76
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
I want one of Carcillo yelling where gobs of spit are flying out from his missing teeth.
You have the pic, I'll make it.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  #77
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
No one complained when Dave Shultz was racking up PIMs. Just saying.
be ready to hear "That was a different NHL" or "Its different now" I know true flyer fans love it, i wish more people would be brave enough to admit they like it. I like when this team is tough physically (another thing people begged for this offseason) and takes no ****.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 08:11 PM
  #78
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
You have the pic, I'll make it.
i will if i ever find one. i noticed it really bad during the 2nd rivet fight. like a sprinkler

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 08:16 PM
  #79
NJDEVILS17*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CT & NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,313
vCash: 500


Bradley should have gotten 5 for fighting.

That suspension is unnecessary too.

NJDEVILS17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 08:18 PM
  #80
Lomark
Registered User
 
Lomark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
The first time anyone has had 29 PIMs without any penalties being called the other way.

No matter what you think of Carcillo, is that really the worst single offense in the history of hockey? Something that would justify maxing out the possible PIMs a player can receive on a single play? Of course not. It's ****ing retarded. What we are seeing here is rampant, unmitigated ******ry.
Exactly. His punishment is too harsh. I could go on youtube and find 10 clips that are much much worse than this in about 2 minutes. First one that comes to mind is Domi on Samuelsson..
That reminds me. Tie Domi is such a ******.


Last edited by Lomark: 12-06-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: ninja edit
Lomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 08:18 PM
  #81
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
i will if i ever find one. i noticed it really bad during the 2nd rivet fight. like a sprinkler
He was definitely spraying as much as saying when he yelled in that ref's face during the avs game too.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 08:21 PM
  #82
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDEVILS17 View Post


Bradley should have gotten 5 for fighting.

That suspension is unnecessary too.
Thank you. Why don't we all just spread this picture around if we want to base everything on still images.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 09:02 PM
  #83
Jaydepps
Registered User
 
Jaydepps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Greenfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,393
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Carcillo plays good defense, hits, and cycles really well. He also is very good on the forecheck. Carcillo is one of the main reasons the Betts, Lappy, Carcillo line was so dominant. He plays at such a high intensity. As many have said, he actually cares about winning unlike some other people on this team that seem to show up when they want to. Carcillo rarely takes a game off, he just loses his head every now and then. I am fine if he limits it to a little bit a season. So long as it isn't too often I could care less. That is the price you pay when you have a guy that plays at that high of an intensity. I've seen many sucker punches in this league and no one really cares. For some reason they make an example out of a few and then barely penalize others. Nichol, Carcillo, and Nolan were the ones who were made examples of with their sucker punches. Nolan received 11 games, Nichol received 9, and Carcillo 4. That's fine make an example of them, but players like Crosby and Langkow do similar things and they get 2 minutes and 0. It makes no sense to set examples and then not punish the next.

EDIT: Holy **** a Devils fan supporting a Flyers player! I am impressed and gained some respect for the Devils fanbase.

Also, if Bradley is still standing after the punch and fights then this isn't even an incident. Only reason people are talking about this is because Bradley got rocked with that punch.

Jaydepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 09:06 PM
  #84
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
Carcillo plays good defense, hits, and cycles really well. He also is very good on the forecheck. Carcillo is one of the main reasons the Betts, Lappy, Carcillo line was so dominant. He plays at such a high intensity. As many have said, he actually cares about winning unlike some other people on this team that seem to show up when they want to. Carcillo rarely takes a game off, he just loses his head every now and then. I am fine if he limits it to a little bit a season. So long as it isn't too often I could care less. That is the price you pay when you have a guy that plays at that high of an intensity. I've seen many sucker punches in this league and no one really cares. For some reason they make an example out of a few and then barely penalize others. Nichol, Carcillo, and Nolan were the ones who were made examples of with their sucker punches. Nolan received 11 games, Nichol received 9, and Carcillo 4. That's fine make an example of them, but players like Crosby and Langkow do similar things and they get 2 minutes and 0. It makes no sense to set examples and then not punish the next.

EDIT: Holy **** a Devils fan supporting a Flyers player! I am impressed and gained some respect for the Devils fanbase.
i agree 100% with this post, some people really make it seem like he does it every game. he has been one of the best fowards all year. i dont see how people can look past his work this year as a player overall.


and for the devils thing, ive never had a problem with their fan base, they tend to take the time to understand the sport and form unbiased opinions (at least the ones i know)

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 09:07 PM
  #85
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post

Also, if Bradley is still standing after the punch and fights then this isn't even an incident. Only reason people are talking about this is because Bradley got rocked with that punch.
Lmao i just pm'd somebody saying the same thing, its so true. Carcillo is being punished for bradleys glass jaw. sad.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 10:44 PM
  #86
NJDEVILS17*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CT & NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
Also, if Bradley is still standing after the punch and fights then this isn't even an incident. Only reason people are talking about this is because Bradley got rocked with that punch.
Bingo.



Donald Brashear, who has probably been suspended the most out of any active player in the league, did the same thing to Jared Boll except Boll didn't go down. No suspension.



Craig Weller lays out 3 guys including a KO blow to OKT (who had his gloves on) and no suspension.



Brad May lays out Kim Johnsson who had no intention of fighting and even throws him around the ice when he's out. Only a 3 game suspension despite Johnsson not even having his gloves off and May being a repeat offender.

I really do think that the league and Colin Campbell really don't like Daniel Carcillo. There have been way worse things done in terms of hits from behind, kneeing, etc. that have gone suspension less or smaller suspensions. This wasn't even dirty.

You'd think getting hammered with a 9 minute penalty kill and giving up 8 goals would be punishment enough.

This league pisses me off with the special treatment to some players and the excessive punishment they give to others.

NJDEVILS17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 10:47 PM
  #87
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDEVILS17 View Post
Bingo.



Donald Brashear, who has probably been suspended the most out of any active player in the league, did the same thing to Jared Boll except Boll didn't go down. No suspension.



Craig Weller lays out 3 guys including a KO blow to OKT (who had his gloves on) and no suspension.



Brad May lays out Kim Johnsson who had no intention of fighting and even throws him around the ice when he's out. Only a 3 game suspension despite Johnsson not even having his gloves off and May being a repeat offender.

I really do think that the league and Colin Campbell really don't like Daniel Carcillo. There have been way worse things done in terms of hits from behind, kneeing, etc. that have gone suspension less or smaller suspensions. This wasn't even dirty.

You'd think getting hammered with a 9 minute penalty kill and giving up 8 goals would be punishment enough.

This league pisses me off with the special treatment to some players and the excessive punishment they give to others.
wait...let me wrap my brain around this...a debs fan on the ball?

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 10:56 PM
  #88
NJDEVILS17*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CT & NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
wait...let me wrap my brain around this...a debs fan on the ball?
I try to be as unbiased and non partisan as possible. I'll admit that I don't like the Flyers (I'm a Devils fan and I expect you guys to hate the Devils and that doesn't bother me) but I do like the old school of style of the play the Flyers have had in prior years (I'm a fan of old time hockey). The Devils-Flyers games last year season were great; all of them had hits and passion.

It just pisses me off when someone gets suspended when they shouldn't have.

I like guys like Daniel Carcillo. I've been a fan of his crazy style of play since when he was on the Yotes. It seems like the league is trying to get rid of players like Carcillo which is really unfortunate because he's actually a decent hockey player.

NJDEVILS17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 10:59 PM
  #89
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDEVILS17 View Post
I try to be as unbiased and non partisan as possible. I'll admit that I don't like the Flyers (I'm a Devils fan and I expect you guys to hate the Devils and that doesn't bother me) but I do like the old school of style of the play the Flyers have had in prior years (I'm a fan of old time hockey). The Devils-Flyers games last year season were great; all of them had hits and passion.
Word. Saw all of the ones @ the Flyers in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDEVILS17 View Post
It just pisses me off when someone gets suspended when they shouldn't have.
definitely the right sentiment


Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDEVILS17 View Post
I like guys like Daniel Carcillo. I've been a fan of his crazy style of play since when he was on the Yotes. It seems like the league is trying to get rid of players like Carcillo which is really unfortunate because he's actually a decent hockey player.
Me too. As a night owl, I used to watch phoenix games after Flyers games were over just to see if he did something fun. I also think he can be a very decent player if he gets his **** together.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 10:59 PM
  #90
Jaydepps
Registered User
 
Jaydepps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Greenfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,393
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDEVILS17 View Post
I try to be as unbiased and non partisan as possible. I'll admit that I don't like the Flyers (I'm a Devils fan and I expect you guys to hate the Devils and that doesn't bother me) but I do like the old school of style of the play the Flyers have had in prior years (I'm a fan of old time hockey). The Devils-Flyers games last year season were great; all of them had hits and passion.

It just pisses me off when someone gets suspended when they shouldn't have.

I like guys like Daniel Carcillo. I've been a fan of his crazy style of play since when he was on the Yotes. It seems like the league is trying to get rid of players like Carcillo which is really unfortunate because he's actually a decent hockey player.
The league needs more fans like you. I agree with everything you said there.

Jaydepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 08:48 AM
  #91
Talbetts
Registered User
 
Talbetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Schwenksville?, PA
Posts: 829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
Carcillo plays good defense, hits, and cycles really well. He also is very good on the forecheck. Carcillo is one of the main reasons the Betts, Lappy, Carcillo line was so dominant. He plays at such a high intensity. As many have said, he actually cares about winning unlike some other people on this team that seem to show up when they want to. Carcillo rarely takes a game off, he just loses his head every now and then. I am fine if he limits it to a little bit a season. So long as it isn't too often I could care less. That is the price you pay when you have a guy that plays at that high of an intensity. I've seen many sucker punches in this league and no one really cares. For some reason they make an example out of a few and then barely penalize others. Nichol, Carcillo, and Nolan were the ones who were made examples of with their sucker punches. Nolan received 11 games, Nichol received 9, and Carcillo 4. That's fine make an example of them, but players like Crosby and Langkow do similar things and they get 2 minutes and 0. It makes no sense to set examples and then not punish the next.

EDIT: Holy **** a Devils fan supporting a Flyers player! I am impressed and gained some respect for the Devils fanbase.

Also, if Bradley is still standing after the punch and fights then this isn't even an incident. Only reason people are talking about this is because Bradley got rocked with that punch.
This!

Talbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 08:58 AM
  #92
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Carcillo was excellent for the Flyers this season. imo He did everything right this season with one exception.

WTF is NHL doing I do not know.. How was that a 9 min penalty? When in reality it should be 2 and 2.

Per ESPN.com and TSN.ca

Carcillo landed a big punch on Washington's Matt Bradley as he dropped his gloves Saturday night. Following Carcillo's punch, Bradley fell to the ice and left the game. Despite being in the process of dropping his gloves, Bradley wasn't penalized.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4719297
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=301359

Next time Carcillo should count 1 – Mississippi, 2 – Mississippi, 3 - Mississippi and then drop Bradley.

NHL has zero consistency.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 12-07-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 08:58 AM
  #93
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 500
I support Dan Carcillo...


Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:32 AM
  #94
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
wait...let me wrap my brain around this...a debs fan on the ball?
*flame suit on* I said it before, most devils fans I know, and its a lot, seem to understand the game and take a non biased look at things. Maybe not DURING a game, but after they will. They are probally the easiest fanbase I can talk to about the game. For the most part they know the game and like we saw here, even tho its a rival player on a rival team, took the side we all didnt see coming. Unlike most pens fans, or caps fans, devil fans have been fans for a LONG time and know what the sport is about, unlike the Crosby/OV era SportsCenter fan.

What he said was spot on and i agree 100%

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:52 AM
  #95
IAN aka RYAN
Registered User
 
IAN aka RYAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Del.Co. PA
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Awesome... I found the level headed posters about this "incident". I've always been a fan of the grinding type style of play. No matter who it would be but I'm tired of how people say there a dime a doZen and that we don't need players like dan carcillo. All the haterade is ridiculous. I'm glad some people agree with me about this.

IAN aka RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 12:07 PM
  #96
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobiemonster5 View Post
Awesome... I found the level headed posters about this "incident". I've always been a fan of the grinding type style of play. No matter who it would be but I'm tired of how people say there a dime a doZen and that we don't need players like dan carcillo. All the haterade is ridiculous. I'm glad some people agree with me about this.
You were here for the playoffs and offseason, everyone said this team was "too soft" and needed some grit. Now they are *****ing about 1 incident carcillo had and it wasnt as bad as everyone is saying. if carcillo jumped the guy with his back turned, or made it clear he didnt want to fight, then id be all for the suspension and sitting him for being a retard. But he isnt wrong. The whole situation has been blown out of proportion and some people here just love being negative and hateful twards a team they love, and are aiming it at the wrong people. Carcillo has played hard every game, Carter hasnt. Send heat his way, oh we wont because hes Jeff Carter. Double Standard? Yes.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 12:15 PM
  #97
IAN aka RYAN
Registered User
 
IAN aka RYAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Del.Co. PA
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
You were here for the playoffs and offseason, everyone said this team was "too soft" and needed some grit. Now they are *****ing about 1 incident carcillo had and it wasnt as bad as everyone is saying. if carcillo jumped the guy with his back turned, or made it clear he didnt want to fight, then id be all for the suspension and sitting him for being a retard. But he isnt wrong. The whole situation has been blown out of proportion and some people here just love being negative and hateful twards a team they love, and are aiming it at the wrong people. Carcillo has played hard every game, Carter hasnt. Send heat his way, oh we wont because hes Jeff Carter. Double Standard? Yes.
I wouldn't exactly agree about the jeff Carter thing but I think it's bigger than just him. I've seen Carter play hard and actually get upset over some bad bounces or missed shots. I think he's aggrivated with his own pla. And it's showing. The whole team needs some heat sent thier way. You need to score to win games and jeff Carter is a big part of that. He knows this and I think it's getting to him a bit.

IAN aka RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 12:17 PM
  #98
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobiemonster5 View Post
I wouldn't exactly agree about the jeff Carter thing but I think it's bigger than just him. I've seen Carter play hard and actually get upset over some bad bounces or missed shots. I think he's aggrivated with his own pla. And it's showing. The whole team needs some heat sent thier way. You need to score to win games and jeff Carter is a big part of that. He knows this and I think it's getting to him a bit.
I think Jeff Carter's lack of play and effort has hurt the team more than Carcillo's incident.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 12:19 PM
  #99
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDEVILS17 View Post
I try to be as unbiased and non partisan as possible. I'll admit that I don't like the Flyers (I'm a Devils fan and I expect you guys to hate the Devils and that doesn't bother me) but I do like the old school of style of the play the Flyers have had in prior years (I'm a fan of old time hockey). The Devils-Flyers games last year season were great; all of them had hits and passion.

It just pisses me off when someone gets suspended when they shouldn't have.

I like guys like Daniel Carcillo. I've been a fan of his crazy style of play since when he was on the Yotes. It seems like the league is trying to get rid of players like Carcillo which is really unfortunate because he's actually a decent hockey player.
I like this guy. It's a shame you're a Debbies fan.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 01:48 PM
  #100
bakunin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
It drives me nuts that everybody is ripping carcillo EVERYWHERE. People don't know **** about hockey. It's a shame.

bakunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.