HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Saint Nick's Halo is crooked

Old
12-07-2009, 04:23 AM
Nordic*

vCash: 500
2 assists...perhaps that gets his confidence back.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 01:07 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
2 assists...perhaps that gets his confidence back.
It's definitely a start. This just shows what I was saying before, if the team does show dedication and has that fire to perform each game and try to win then there is no reason all players will have good stats. Lidstrom is capable of improving those stats and I have no doubt about that, he just needs the team around him to make themselves count.

Rafalski had a better game, Stuart had an epic hit on Anisimov and Ericsson layed some good hits too. They just need better understanding and they will help each other.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
It's definitely a start. This just shows what I was saying before, if the team does show dedication and has that fire to perform each game and try to win then there is no reason all players will have good stats. Lidstrom is capable of improving those stats and I have no doubt about that, he just needs the team around him to make themselves count.

Rafalski had a better game, Stuart had an epic hit on Anisimov and Ericsson layed some good hits too. They just need better understanding and they will help each other.
I didn't get to see the game, but regardless... I've seen about 15 of Detroits games this season - and I maintain, Nick has been better during these games - than he was during the first 25:ish games last season.

Of course he isn't what he used to be, but he's still one of the best over all defensemen in the world from what I've seen. Granted, right now the position is pretty weak across the league.

The worst thing is, that Lidstrom pretty much sets the bar at which the rest of the team plays at. If he's good, the team is usually too.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 02:27 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
I didn't get to see the game, but regardless... I've seen about 15 of Detroits games this season - and I maintain, Nick has been better during these games - than he was during the first 25:ish games last season.

Of course he isn't what he used to be, but he's still one of the best over all defensemen in the world from what I've seen. Granted, right now the position is pretty weak across the league.

The worst thing is, that Lidstrom pretty much sets the bar at which the rest of the team plays at. If he's good, the team is usually too.
I don't like the idea of the team relying on Lidstrom gor a level of performance. I know you might not mean it like that, but for someone is nearly 40 years old and WE are expecting so much from him? We still expect this guy to be sprinting down the ice and making lightning fast moves and getting 10 goals and 20 assists in the first 10 games. I think this is a perfect situation for the other D to shoulder the burden so that Lidstrom does not have to take all the responsibility. What happens when he is gone? Who will we rely on then? They might as well get started now while he is still on the ice to spread the responsibility to each line and play consistent, solid hockey. Cause right now, if Lidstrom leaves, we are royally ****ed. So it's up to the Rafalski, Stuart's and Ericsson (Kronwall when he gets back) to start building the foundations for a stronger D in the future.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote