HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan Carcillo Support Thread

Old
12-07-2009, 02:43 PM
TheDrizzle81

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakunin View Post
It drives me nuts that everybody is ripping carcillo EVERYWHERE. People don't know **** about hockey. It's a shame.
aint that the truth, i think those who want a ***** team that is all finess should go watch a different team.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 03:02 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
You were here for the playoffs and offseason, everyone said this team was "too soft" and needed some grit. Now they are *****ing about 1 incident carcillo had and it wasnt as bad as everyone is saying. if carcillo jumped the guy with his back turned, or made it clear he didnt want to fight, then id be all for the suspension and sitting him for being a retard. But he isnt wrong. The whole situation has been blown out of proportion and some people here just love being negative and hateful twards a team they love, and are aiming it at the wrong people. Carcillo has played hard every game, Carter hasnt. Send heat his way, oh we wont because hes Jeff Carter. Double Standard? Yes.
Dude. There is a difference between grit and being a reckless RETARD on the ice. HUGE difference. Otherwise people woundn't have said anything last year when all those other Flyers took suspensions. Being strong and powerful and being a small reckless scrapper are not the same thing.

The situation is not being blown out of proportion, or else their wouldnt be threads with multiple pages of people defending and crucifying the guy. Just because YOU think this is being overblown doesnt mean that it is in fact being overblown.

There is a HUGE difference between Jeff Carter and Dan Carcillo. That difference is near point per game play compared to some 4th liner scraper who has maxed out with 24 points in an entire season and sits in the box on AVERAGE 4-5 mins A GAME.

God, you complain about this team not scoring and seem to think Dan Carcillo more so then Jeff Carter is going to change that? Jeff Carter gets some leeway because he is one of the top centers in the game. Everyone gets cold and I want to see Carter improve, but for gods sakes man, who would you trade Jeff Carter for? Some lesser player who looks like he is trying harder but doesnt score as many points as Jeff Carter ever will? Because that doesnt help us, that makes our scoring problem even more serious.

Give me the star shooter over some hard working nobody. The shooter may be a little weak right now and not playing well, but Jeff Carter helps this team win more games then Carcillo, and that is unlikely to EVER change.

Quote:
I think Jeff Carter's lack of play and effort has hurt the team more than Carcillo's incident.
Our top 6, defense and horrible goaltending has led this team to losses, def, but Carcillo is a nobody and he is a role player. He should do his role and draw more penalties then he takes. He ****ed that up royally on Saturday and put the team in an almost unwinnable situation stuck on the PK for that long and getting buried that early.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 04:56 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

I guess the real thing is that it was one game. I'm willing to let ONE GAME he cost us slip because he certainly has contributed in the other games more than some of our other "stars."

I don't understand the mentality of people to turn on a player for a lousy game and a bad decision.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 04:58 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
aint that the truth, i think those who want a ***** team that is all finess should go watch a different team.
Agreed. Flyers hockey is olde tyme hockey, whether you like it or not. If you don't like olde tyme hockey, why watch the Flyers. That's like saying your favorite band is Metallica but you don't like Heavy Metal.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 05:05 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Agreed. Flyers hockey is olde tyme hockey, whether you like it or not. If you don't like olde tyme hockey, why watch the Flyers. That's like saying your favorite band is Metallica but you don't like Heavy Metal.
Ive heard that quite a few times before.

Old
12-07-2009, 05:08 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Olde "Tyme" Hockey?

uhhh? Is this England buddy? Are we going to a merry ole pub?

Its old TIME hockey. Old/Middle English spelling is not required.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 05:09 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I guess the real thing is that it was one game. I'm willing to let ONE GAME he cost us slip because he certainly has contributed in the other games more than some of our other "stars."

I don't understand the mentality of people to turn on a player for a lousy game and a bad decision.
Its called a bandwagon.

I just love the mentality of people blaming carcillo for every issue with the team. This team is losing because everyone on this team is in a slump. The guys who are here to score arent. Thats not carcillos fault.

Old
12-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Its called a bandwagon.

I just love the mentality of people blaming carcillo for every issue with the team. This team is losing because everyone on this team is in a slump. The guys who are here to score arent. Thats not carcillos fault.

Well said, I also agree with the posters who are fans of our grinding, physical style. It hasn't changed and probably isn't going to. If you don't like our players playing the style our GM, Owners and the majority of our fans enjoy....**** off and find a finesse team.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 05:45 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Why do people give this much of a ****? I mean, Carcillo ****ed up, no doubt about it. However, I think at least part of this goes back to Stevens letting things slide and slide and slide. How many damn times did we scream "LEARN SOME DISCIPLINE!" at the same players over the past few years? I'd bet cash money that Hartnell, Briere, and Coburn have all cost us points with dumb penalties at bad times during the game. Is Briere committing a stick infraction in a close game in the 3rd period (which I bet has happened loads of times) that much stupider than what Carcillo did?

Yet everyone wants to take a dump on Carcillo because he has a reputation, because we traded Upshall for him, and because he's not as good as most players on the team.

Look, I'm not a Carcillo fan, but he's played pretty well this season, he's drawn a ton of penalties without taking too many moronic ones himself and is/was a part of a very effective checking line with Betts and Lappy. I think what he needs is a coach who knows how to instill some discipline (not Stevens/Gretzky) into his game, I loved what Laviolette said right afterwards. Carcillo has the potential to be a pretty effective pest, hopefully Laviolette sees that and tries to get him there.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 06:04 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Why do people give this much of a ****? I mean, Carcillo ****ed up, no doubt about it. However, I think at least part of this goes back to Stevens letting things slide and slide and slide. How many damn times did we scream "LEARN SOME DISCIPLINE!" at the same players over the past few years? I'd bet cash money that Hartnell, Briere, and Coburn have all cost us points with dumb penalties at bad times during the game. Is Briere committing a stick infraction in a close game in the 3rd period (which I bet has happened loads of times) that much stupider than what Carcillo did?

Yet everyone wants to take a dump on Carcillo because he has a reputation, because we traded Upshall for him, and because he's not as good as most players on the team.

Look, I'm not a Carcillo fan, but he's played pretty well this season, he's drawn a ton of penalties without taking too many moronic ones himself and is/was a part of a very effective checking line with Betts and Lappy. I think what he needs is a coach who knows how to instill some discipline (not Stevens/Gretzky) into his game, I loved what Laviolette said right afterwards. Carcillo has the potential to be a pretty effective pest, hopefully Laviolette sees that and tries to get him there.
I really agree 100% with what you said all around but the bloded part is true. People are looking for a scapegoat and they found him. Briere, hartnell and Coburn all have a bad habit of taking penalties at the wrong time, and that costs the team as well.

Old
12-07-2009, 06:08 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Olde "Tyme" Hockey?

uhhh? Is this England buddy? Are we going to a merry ole pub?

Its old TIME hockey. Old/Middle English spelling is not required.
Really? Come on. And why only criticize the "TYME" and not the "OLDE" part?

I'll side with these guys over you...

Quote:
Ive heard that quite a few times before.
That's weird. I don't really like Metallica or Heavy Metal, I just figured that that was something that people normally wouldn't say. Haha.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 06:11 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:

[That's weird. I don't really like Metallica or Heavy Metal, I just figured that that was something that people normally wouldn't say. Haha.
People are weird like that. lol.

Old
12-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Really? Come on. And why only criticize the "TYME" and not the "OLDE" part?

I'll side with these guys over you...

That's weird. I don't really like Metallica or Heavy Metal, I just figured that that was something that people normally wouldn't say. Haha.

I actually hadn't heard that before. What the hell do you mean you don't like metal? How can a Flyers fan not like metal??

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 06:23 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
[/B]

I actually hadn't heard that before. What the hell do you mean you don't like metal? How can a Flyers fan not like metal??
Be careful, the new generation of flyer fans arent like us old school people!

I persoanlly love blastin metallica while watchin some good ol fashioned flyer beat downs.

Old
12-07-2009, 06:25 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
I persoanlly love blastin metallica while watchin some good ol fashioned flyer beat downs.
I like to listen to the indigo girls and watch russian players dangle.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Do you watch them play hockey, too?

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 06:30 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Do you watch them play hockey, too?
Only if I have too.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 06:34 PM
BWAVgal
A sad Flyers fan

Dan can be a good player when he plays like he did against the Sabres in Buffalo. That guy is a good guy to have on your team. When he plays like he did against the Caps, he is a liability.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 06:36 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post

Old
12-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAVgal View Post
Dan can be a good player when he plays like he did against the Sabres in Buffalo. That guy is a good guy to have on your team. When he plays like he did against the Caps, he is a liability.
Dan has been very good all year...

In fact, he was good in that game up until the incident... He has my support. The guy just made a dumb mistake. It happens.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Lomark

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Dude. There is a difference between grit and being a reckless RETARD on the ice. HUGE difference. Otherwise people woundn't have said anything last year when all those other Flyers took suspensions. Being strong and powerful and being a small reckless scrapper are not the same thing.

The situation is not being blown out of proportion, or else their wouldnt be threads with multiple pages of people defending and crucifying the guy. Just because YOU think this is being overblown doesnt mean that it is in fact being overblown.

There is a HUGE difference between Jeff Carter and Dan Carcillo. That difference is near point per game play compared to some 4th liner scraper who has maxed out with 24 points in an entire season and sits in the box on AVERAGE 4-5 mins A GAME.

God, you complain about this team not scoring and seem to think Dan Carcillo more so then Jeff Carter is going to change that? Jeff Carter gets some leeway because he is one of the top centers in the game. Everyone gets cold and I want to see Carter improve, but for gods sakes man, who would you trade Jeff Carter for? Some lesser player who looks like he is trying harder but doesnt score as many points as Jeff Carter ever will? Because that doesnt help us, that makes our scoring problem even more serious.

Give me the star shooter over some hard working nobody. The shooter may be a little weak right now and not playing well, but Jeff Carter helps this team win more games then Carcillo, and that is unlikely to EVER change.

Our top 6, defense and horrible goaltending has led this team to losses, def, but Carcillo is a nobody and he is a role player. He should do his role and draw more penalties then he takes. He ****ed that up royally on Saturday and put the team in an almost unwinnable situation stuck on the PK for that long and getting buried that early.

Anaheim-Getzlaf
Atlanta-
Boston-Savard
Buffalo-
Calgary-
Carolina-Staal
Chicago-Toews
Colorado-
Columbus-
Dallas-Richards
Detroit-Datsyuk (Zetterberg when he plays center)
Edmonton-
Florida-
Los Angeles-Kopitar
Minnesota-
Montreal-(Cammalleri when he plays center)
Nashville-Arnott
New Jersey-
Islanders-
Rangers-
Ottawa-Spezza
Phoenix-
Pittsburgh-Crosby, Malkin, Staal
San Jose-Thornton, Marleau
St. Louis-
Tampa Bay-Stamkos, Lecavalier
Toronto-
Vancouver-Sedin
Washington-Bäckström

That's 20 centers on 30 teams who are better hockey players than Jeff Carter. And I left one or two out just to save myself some flaming.
Now go ahead and dig out some stat sheets to prove you're right and I'm wrong...

Lomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 07:00 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomark View Post

Anaheim-Getzlaf
Atlanta-
Boston-Savard
Buffalo-
Calgary-
Carolina-Staal
Chicago-Toews
Colorado-
Columbus-
Dallas-Richards
Detroit-Datsyuk (Zetterberg when he plays center)
Edmonton-
Florida-
Los Angeles-Kopitar
Minnesota-
Montreal-(Cammalleri when he plays center)
Nashville-Arnott
New Jersey-
Islanders-
Rangers-
Ottawa-Spezza
Phoenix-
Pittsburgh-Crosby, Malkin, Staal
San Jose-Thornton, Marleau
St. Louis-
Tampa Bay-Stamkos, Lecavalier
Toronto-
Vancouver-Sedin
Washington-Bäckström

That's 20 centers on 30 teams who are better hockey players than Jeff Carter. And I left one or two out just to save myself some flaming.
Now go ahead and dig out some stat sheets to prove you're right and I'm wrong...

Richards is better than carter too. plays more of an all round game.. flame on.

Old
12-07-2009, 07:11 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Carcillo's first instigator in the NHL apparently

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 07:13 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Carcillo's first instigator in the NHL apparently
Thats a hell of a repuatation.

Old
12-07-2009, 07:16 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
but Carcillo is a nobody and he is a role player. He should do his role and draw more penalties then he takes. He ****ed that up royally on Saturday and put the team in an almost unwinnable situation stuck on the PK for that long and getting buried that early.
i get it.. you dont like carcillo.... looking back on all your posts from march you were on his dick...... maybe not as much as jxc with jones but you didnt hate him like you do now... did he refuse to sign an autograph or something?

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote