HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Open Apology to Fellow Rangers fans

Old
12-07-2009, 02:19 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Open Apology to Fellow Rangers fans

To All:

I just want to say that I'm a little tired of all the bickering going on around here. It seems like this team has really split the posters into different factions, and i think it's kinda sad because there is a lot of knowledge around here. Just because the team is struggling, it doesn't mean we can't maintain a level of respect for one another.

Therefore, I want to respectfully apologize to all the guys I have had beefs with over the past 5 years. It's stupid and petty (IMO) to bicker and argue with you guys over semantics, when at the end of the daym we're all die-hard fans of the same team, though rough times and good.

I've tried to remain upbeat this year, and it's been very frustrating and taxing. I'm going going to let the season unfold and where we stand in march. At the same time, i want to remain engaged with you guys in intelligent and respectful conversation about everything hockey.

So, I'm asking for a clean slate. I don't want to considered a "negative" guy or a pessimist because it's not how I roll away from these boards. If I disagree with you, I'll just ignore it and not go on the attack like I used to.

Take care guys, Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah to all your familes and I wish you all the happiest of new year's.

Steve

PS I HATE THIS FRIGGIN TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK just kidding. had to get that out one last time.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 02:23 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

LETS GO RANGERS!

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Emptyvoid

Really wish there were more people like you on these boards that can swallow their pride and try to make our Ranger's board more of a team.

Completely agree with everything you've said.

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 02:47 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Everyone can get testy at times--myself included--especially rooting for this team. No one should fault you for that. I certainly don't.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 02:48 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Everyone can get testy at times--myself included--especially rooting for this team. No one should fault you for that. I certainly don't.
You can say that again, haha

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 02:49 PM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
To All: ...
Post Of the Year.

Very mature but also it's not just you feeling this. This season has had a decent bit of adversity so far and I think at some point we all forget were at the same team and were all rooting for the Rangers!

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

I had hoped this thread would have been started by Glen Sather.

Damn.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 02:51 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
I had hoped this thread would have been started by Glen Sather.

Damn.
So funny you said that cause I was literally thinking the same thing

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

I don't mind the bickering because it just goes to show how passionate our group of fans are. I'd rather have people at each other's throats when the team isn't doing well than having a quiet board. We all desperately want the team to do well and, even though we may disagree on how the team should be managed, it's always good to have discourse.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Dear Steve,

My name is Joe, i've been a Ranger fan for 30 years now. There has been 2, maybe 3 seasons I didn't want to strangle someone associated with the team all these years. I've come to expect the failures and enjoy the good times while they last. In the end, we chose to watch this team or we chose not to, knowing full well that they are not the '88 Oilers(though we once tried to be ).

One player does not make or break the team but we always seem to pick this guy or that guy, especially when things are going wrong and there are plenty of off days until the next game. You can be passionate about the team without loving all of its players. You can curse out your Rosy Roszivals, Marek Malik's and Aaron Voros's all ya like, end of the day, you root for them to fight the good fight cause they wear the Ranger's jersey.

This organization makes it easy to get angry and turn everything into a negative, I just can't live like that like I used to on these boards. 7 years of no playoffs, you shouldve been around back then, and those teams actually deserved it

We have good players to build on, with more on the way. Maybe this season is shot, maybe not. Either way I watch and pull for the guys who are a part of that future. Gotta keep hope that someday this organization will get it right again. Meh, i've seen bigger miracles

Happy Holidays to all

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 02:58 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Kumbaya, my lord....Kumbaya.... lol

This is a message board...aka an outlet for frustration. Right now, the team is garbage, and people have a right to their anger and frustration-fueled rants. That said, I think "beef" between any two parties on the internet, and over something as silly as a sports team is nothing short of ridiculous.

Happy Holidays to all...

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 03:06 PM
McMonster

its not that serious lol

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 03:11 PM
blueshirt4lyfe

blueshirt4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 03:12 PM
RangerBlueJay*

No but I understand his sentiment and where it's coming from...
It IS hard being a Ranger fan, imagine if you were a Knick fan too

RangerBlueJay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlueJay View Post
No but I understand his sentiment and where it's coming from...
It IS hard being a Ranger fan, imagine if you were a Knick fan too
Even worse, imagine you were a Nets fan.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 03:18 PM
OrbitalDynamics
Ants? Solid Plan.

vCash: 50
We can differ amongst ourselves, it's human nature and it tends to get amplified when things aren't going well.

Yeah, it's hard not to want to throttle someone when we're subjected to steamers like last night,but we always sit down for the next game.It's what keeps us going, that next game.

Its about the front of the sweater, not the name on the back.

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Nice post.

From my end, I apologize for my lack of patience and my tendancy to play devils advocate which I know pisses some people off.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

that first post was as soft and emo as erik christensen's game!

kidding. i just could not resist a little trolling and joking.

i've always been a huge Drury fan and often like to take part in Rangers threads and the NYR forum.

for the most part i have tried to shy away from posting about Drury since so many get very irate.

struggling teams will do that to the best of us.

happy holidays Rangers fans. at least you get one of the funnest players in the world to watch! (Gabby)

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalDynamics View Post
We can differ amongst ourselves, it's human nature and it tends to get amplified when things aren't going well.

Yeah, it's hard not to want to throttle someone when we're subjected to steamers like last night,but we always sit down for the next game.It's what keeps us going, that next game.

Its about the front of the sweater, not the name on the back.
Thats a good point, theres always the next game to turn things around. The team is not great but they can play good hockey, as we've seen.

Last night we gave up that goal late, I started laughing. My girlfriend was pissed, "Why are you laughing!?" she says. And I tell you guys what I told her - whats the alternative?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 04:04 PM
eco's bones

Just because I don't agree with someone about something doesn't mean that I get mad at them. FWIW we all have opinions and we all have a$sholes. When people started calling other people names or making out like they're idiots it's basically just immaturity on their part. There are things said of course that are kind of dumb and I think I've even embarrassed myself a few times. You might laugh sometimes but in the end you just forget it.

The Rangers are frustrating right now but there are a lot of positives still. Gaborik, Henrik and a number of young kids. You look at how young the D is--and they're going to be better in the future. You can tell already that this just ain't our year--we're just going to have to ride this one out. Hopefully it (and I think it will) makes the team stronger in the future. I'm just not that big a fan of Slats (and I'm not so sure about Torts) and some of the vets.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 04:08 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Way too much arguing lately, and I'M just as guilty for that. We need to just a) stop getting defensive about specific players and b) stop openly bashing specific players. i think that is what leads to a lot of the heated arguments. i would understand normal debates and disagreements, but things have gotten testy around here and I think it degrades from a lot more important information we can get from one another about the team.

The Mods do a really good job of trying to maintain a little order, but the last few weeks have been nothing but arguing and arguing in circles.

We all need to just accept that there is not one person to blame or one answer to fix anything right now. This team is in the most untimely state of limbo and after 4 straight 90-plus seasons with playoffs we havent been used to it.

This is bad but I definitely see light at the end of the tunnel. Remember, Gabby and Lundy havent even turned 28 yet and Staal and DZ will anchor this D for years

Old
12-07-2009, 04:09 PM
RangerBlueJay*

Besides, we won last night lol.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009...roit-red-wings

RangerBlueJay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 04:25 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:

Sather that Pinko Commie has all the newspapers in his pants pockets. I knew he dictated everything in the world to further his cause LOL

Old
12-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Somebody is sooooo getting fired lol.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 04:34 PM