HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers injury updates on Dubinsky(week away)and Redden(Wed?)

Old
12-07-2009, 07:22 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Rangers injury updates on Dubinsky(week away)and Redden(Wed?)

Quote:
Brandon Dubinsky, who has missed 11 games with the broken hand he sustained in Calgary on Nov. 7, has skated two of the last three days. He may be no more than a week away.
Quote:
Wade Redden, who has missed five games with the bruised shoulder he sustained in Florida on Thanksgiving Eve, will test it at practice tomorrow and may be able to play in Chicago on Wednesday
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...iwUImVeKpA4uWJ

Quote:
Wade Redden told me after the game that he expects to practice on Tuesday in the hopes that he can return on Wednesday. Redden has been skating on his own but hasn’t had any contact since a brief stint in Thursday’s practice that wound up ruling him out of this weekend’s games. The Rangers are off Monday, but Redden plans to skate with the team Tuesday and hopes that will green-light him to play in Chicago.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...els-richt.html

A week away for Dubinsky. He could return next Monday for Atlanta or the 2 Islanders games. When he returns the Rangers,the Rangers will have 15 forwards on the roster and they have to shed salary because Dubinsky is on LTI.

Do they finally decide to waive Voros and use that money on other players?Does Parenteau stay or send him back to rescue the Hartford sinking ship?They don't need his shootout ability with Erik Christensen on the roster

The holiday roster freeze begins on December 19 which nearly coincides with Dubinsky's return.

The Rangers should put Donald Brashear on LTI retroactive to November 30. Brashear plays(hurt) 3-4 games and then misses 3-4 games. Just put him on LTI and bring him back whenever he is ready to play.100% ready.It would give the Rangers nearly $1 million of cap space.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 07:45 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

Can't we just put Brashear on LTRR (Long Term Retired Reserve) retroactively to June 30th?

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 08:55 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

PAP hasn't really done much lately, I can see him going down since Tortorella has some kind of man love for Voros.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 09:54 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
PAP hasn't really done much lately, I can see him going down since Tortorella has some kind of man love for Voros.
Is that why Voros is constantly scratched?

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 10:25 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Is that why Voros is constantly scratched?
constantly? He's been scratched the last two, and only in 3 games in the whole month of November.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:28 AM
AllNYteams

I think putting Brashear on LTI, waivers, or whatever to free up some cap space is a good idea. That $1.4 million in cap space could definitely be better spent. Especially, being that we are having trouble w the cap.
Brashear hasn't done anything for this club. And he is not going to do anything for this club. Our need for goal scorers is much higher on the needs list than a pugilist.
Obviously Brashear wasn't properly scouted or they would've seen how much he has deteriorated. One goal and a few good fights last year do no equal $1.4 million. I'd like to see him off of this team. And even more so, off of the books.

AllNYteams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 01:09 PM
-31-
portnor, pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllNYteams View Post
I think putting Brashear on LTI, waivers, or whatever to free up some cap space is a good idea. That $1.4 million in cap space could definitely be better spent. Especially, being that we are having trouble w the cap.
Brashear hasn't done anything for this club. And he is not going to do anything for this club. Our need for goal scorers is much higher on the needs list than a pugilist.
Obviously Brashear wasn't properly scouted or they would've seen how much he has deteriorated. One goal and a few good fights last year do no equal $1.4 million. I'd like to see him off of this team. And even more so, off of the books.
that would be nice, but he was over 35 when he signed that multi-year contract, so you can't waive it away.

-31- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 08:43 PM
AXN

Redden and Dubinsky coming back is very good news.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 08:53 PM
LeetchisGod
1 cup in 74 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllNYteams View Post
Brashear is just another example of Sather's failure to properly judge talent.

LeetchisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 09:11 PM
D713B

Heikkinen being sent back to the AHL when Redden returns creates enough space for Dubinsky to come off of LTIR.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
Heikkinen being sent back to the AHL when Redden returns creates enough space for Dubinsky to come off of LTIR.
That's a shame. I like what I've seen thus far, despite some of the mistakes he's made (which are to be expected.) Would have loved to see how he developed over time with a regular spot on the roster.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 09:48 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Brashear is just another example of Sather's failure to properly judge talent.
Hey, it takes a lot of talent to hit someone over the head almost killing them and not get called for it

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 06:31 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
It leaves little space to add other players. If Brashear is injured,then he shouldn't be playing.

Old
12-08-2009, 07:11 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
It leaves little space to add other players. If Brashear is injured,then he shouldn't be playing.
Brashear's "injury" is probably lazy-arse-itis.Can't do anything productive on the ice and is "sore" to goon it up ,thus torts just scratches him.

I wouldn't be surprised if thats actually it , i mean they do just say "scratched with undisclosed injury" right?

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 07:28 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
Brashear's "injury" is probably lazy-arse-itis.Can't do anything productive on the ice and is "sore" to goon it up ,thus torts just scratches him.

I wouldn't be surprised if thats actually it , i mean they do just say "scratched with undisclosed injury" right?
That's not the type of player/person that Donald is. Unless he has limbs falling off, he'd want to be in.

Now, I could see him being sore, and the team just using that an excuse to not play him. But he's not lazy, he's a real competitor--he's just not the player he once was.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 07:39 AM
FromTheSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
That's not the type of player/person that Donald is. Unless he has limbs falling off, he'd want to be in.

Now, I could see him being sore, and the team just using that an excuse to not play him. But he's not lazy, he's a real competitor--he's just not the player he once was.
Well than whats his injury? you would think SOMEONE would know by now or at least one of the reporters could hint at it.I havent seen any footage of him getting hurt or shaken up other than getting bloodied up in a fight.

Old
12-08-2009, 08:04 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Well than whats his injury? you would think SOMEONE would know by now or at least one of the reporters could hint at it.I havent seen any footage of him getting hurt or shaken up other than getting bloodied up in a fight.
I really don't know what the injury would be. I'm just saying that it would take something pretty significant to keep Brashear out...he's tough, and loves the game.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 08:22 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Kinda OT, but I'm pretty sure I just saw Brandon in the Flatiron District this morning (that, or there are two guys with the same distinctive nose and bad haircut living in NYC) and he looked pretty healthy - no wrap of any kind on his wrist, although he was holding his right hand out away from his body.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:58 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Wade Redden is iffy for Wednesday's game so Heikkinen is traveling with the team today to Chicago.

Quote:
Full house of 23 players on the ice this morning for the Rangers with defenseman Wade Redden (right shoulder/arm) and Donald Brashear (right hand/wrist) back in contact drills. Both are making the trip today to Chicago as is rookie defenseman Ilkka Heikkinen. Redden will be a game-day decision.

“It felt pretty good with the little bit of contact I had,” said Redden, who last participated in contact drills last Thursday, when it was determined he wasn’t ready to return to the lineup yet. “It’s a good sign.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

Old
12-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
It's been widely reported (by Andrew Gross among others) since early in the season that Brashear hurt his right wrist in a fight. Everytime it feels better, he plays and hurts it again. Tortorella recently said they are going to give it some time in the hope that it will fully heal and Brashear won't be hindered by the injury.

It's fine not to like a player, but it's clear you really don't know anything about Brashear--who's made a very good career in the NHL in large part because of his hard work. I'm not his biggest fan, but I respect him and know that he's a true team player and will always answer the bell if he can.

PS: note the post above mine for confirmation on the nature of Brashear's injury.

Last edited by Brooklyn Ranger: 12-08-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

I don't like Brashear either but I don't think he's lazy...

Yeah I'm a pro-Orr guy but Brashear is a beast when he fights and I am going to venture 100% to say his wrist injury earlier in the season has never fully healed and when he gets into scraps he just reinjures it since he never has the time for it to get fixed.

It would explain a lot, too...him turning down Goddard (even though Brash doesn't do well against him) in the 2 pitt games as well as not being so willing to drop the gloves recently. I think he just has a bad wrist.

I'm all for sitting him until hes 100%.

As for Voros, that worthless bag of pucks should be waived, his cap hit is ridiculous. I wouldn't mind him too much if we werent paying him what we are.

Let's keep PAP smear for a bit longer (he doesn't deserve the smear I know) and see what happens when Dubi returns, and send Heikkenen (sp?) back to Hartford when Redden returns. Heik was good but I think we should let him develop more in the AHL, same goes for Grachev to all the people who think he should be called up now.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:22 PM
TheDave1022

Dubi is shooting better and skating a bit now.

http://www.newsday.com/blogs/sports/...gers-1.1649308

Quote:
He's got a cast on still, so Dubinsky won't jump back into the lineup tomorrow against the Sabres, but he's getting closer. He shot pucks with some authority and took the body a bit in drills, skating between Aaron Voros and P.A. Parenteau.

"Obviously it's going to be a few more days," Dubinsky said, "but it's nice to get out there without any restrictions. Right now, it's a matter of dealing with the pain. If it feels OK, I can go."

TheDave1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 07:08 PM
FromTheSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
It's been widely reported (by Andrew Gross among others) since early in the season that Brashear hurt his right wrist in a fight. Everytime it feels better, he plays and hurts it again. Tortorella recently said they are going to give it some time in the hope that it will fully heal and Brashear won't be hindered by the injury.

It's fine not to like a player, but it's clear you really don't know anything about Brashear--who's made a very good career in the NHL in large part because of his hard work. I'm not his biggest fan, but I respect him and know that he's a true team player and will always answer the bell if he can.

PS: note the post above mine for confirmation on the nature of Brashear's injury.
Yes it's clear i don't know anything about him.Clearly i didn't know he's a pathetic cheap shot artist who one time actually got some of his own medicine and continued on his "hard working career" of cheap shots only to be overpaid by sather in his late 30s.Theres so much i don't know about this guy!