HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#27: Flyers at Canadiens - December 7, 2009 - 7:30 PM (ET)

Old
12-08-2009, 06:51 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever View Post
1) theyll prolly eject you
2) theyll probably close practices to the public they did it before with rowdy crowds.
3) alot of kids go there in hopes of getting an autograph so the one guy you
pissoff decides to drive off instead of stopping because of your motivational poster.
4)theres already a sign man

im sure the idea sounded good at first....or maybe suited for something else like a WWE show.
1) Why would an away arena eject me for an 8x11 sign? Wasn't aware "suck" was a bad word, especially if it's pointed at the away team.
2) Been to numerous Devils-Flyers games in NJ and have seen numerous warmups.
3) Once more, no Flyers fans stick around in Newark for autographs. And if the guy is enough of a ***** that a "Don't suck" poster makes him not want to make a kid's day, then it's better the kid doesn't meet him. And even Devils players like Brodeur, my friend tried to get his autograph after a game and Brodeur wanted $10 for it. What an Ass-hat.
4) Wasn't aware there was only allowed to be one sign man. Remind me to make note of this next time I'm in Communist Russia.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 06:52 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Ah im not the only one. they made changes way later than the Flyers too so its alllll goooood
Well they also got their PP QB bqack and let's not forget the number one picks. And let's not forget that for every midseason coaching change turnaround there are ten that go nowhere.

Whatever the case, the Flyers are not a bad team.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 06:54 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by xV Carter 17 Xv & Garbage Goal View Post
Do it.
Anger has, and always will be, a great motivator. Why else are there fighters in the NHL?

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 07:07 AM
BringBackStevens

It looks like they are shoring up some areas of concern, but the thing thats going to be the biggest hurdle is the insane goal scoring slump this team is in. They are used to lighting the lamp with such frequency that it seems a cold spell is really getting into their heads. I think once they have a game and pot 3+ goals we might see it turn around

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 09:47 AM
TOCxNJ

I totally understand that it's going to take some time to get Lavi's system in place...and already I can see that it will pay off. However, with the amount of games that we have lost recently, I'm worried that if we don't turn it around soon, we may not be able to get back on track for this year. And maybe that's fine with some people but I really thought this year was going to be a great year. Again, I realize it's going to take some time, but damn can't we even just win a game in the meantime :/

It's so frustrating because we had so many games in hand at one point and I thought for sure we'd jump in in the standings once we caught up in games played.

TOCxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 09:54 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

One positive thing from the game:

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOCxNJ View Post
I totally understand that it's going to take some time to get Lavi's system in place...and already I can see that it will pay off. However, with the amount of games that we have lost recently, I'm worried that if we don't turn it around soon, we may not be able to get back on track for this year. And maybe that's fine with some people but I really thought this year was going to be a great year. Again, I realize it's going to take some time, but damn can't we even just win a game in the meantime :/

It's so frustrating because we had so many games in hand at one point and I thought for sure we'd jump in in the standings once we caught up in games played.
I agree, the changes were noticeable, and I think they will pay off. We do need to turn it around, but there is plenty of time left in the season. Pittsburgh didn't get it together until February last year.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Kaktus*

So what is our passing completion %?

Out of curiosity…

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Miss Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
One positive thing from the game:

briere is a stud

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 09:00 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
1) Why would an away arena eject me for an 8x11 sign? Wasn't aware "suck" was a bad word, especially if it's pointed at the away team.
2) Been to numerous Devils-Flyers games in NJ and have seen numerous warmups.
3) Once more, no Flyers fans stick around in Newark for autographs. And if the guy is enough of a ***** that a "Don't suck" poster makes him not want to make a kid's day, then it's better the kid doesn't meet him. And even Devils players like Brodeur, my friend tried to get his autograph after a game and Brodeur wanted $10 for it. What an Ass-hat.
4) Wasn't aware there was only allowed to be one sign man. Remind me to make note of this next time I'm in Communist Russia.
you said practice not pre game warmups... theres a diffrence... so if you went to a skate zone practice then that is what you should know... how are people supposed to know wtf you mean when you dont type what you meant?

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote