HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/07 - Do you think the Rangers make the playoffs?

View Poll Results: Do you think the Rangers will make the playoffs?
Yes 74 47.13%
No 83 52.87%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-07-2009, 07:09 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Rangers started 7-1-0. They are now 14-14-1. Meaning they've gone 7-13-1 in their last 21 games. I think that gives us all we need to know at this point.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto1219 View Post
I think the better question is would missing the playoffs be the worst thing in the world?

Front office shake up? Top ten pick? Potential buy-outs/trades. I would sign up for that in a heartbeat.
I agree completely.
I think it would be a good thing, to be honest.
This organization needs a major shake up and missing the playoffs is the only outcome that would potentially trigger it.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 07:14 PM
McMonster

Even if they do make it, it'll be a quick first round exit. If you think Gaborik is gonna score at the same pace in the playoffs, you're delusional. He'll be double or triple teamed the entire time with a shadow. If you shut him down, the Rangers lose. Simple as that.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 08:22 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

As much as I would love that I doubt that you would ever to do that. Making nonsensical promises to further your point means nothing to me. Are you honestly saying you WILL give me your tickets if the Rangers make the playoffs and the Islanders do not???[/QUOTE]

That is precisely what im saying. I may not be intelligent but I am a man of my word. Im not going to sit here and have a pissing match with anyone. I have my opinion, you have yours, we'll see what happens. If you are correct I would be happy to give you my 2 seats for the game, no problem.

as i post this fatso just tied the shutout record...triple tirds!

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 08:58 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

no. 3 reasons.

olympics
lack of goal scorers
lousy powerplay

and thats not a bad thing.

the old 1 step back, 2 steps forward deal.

if we make it, who cares. we dont have the horses to do any damage anyway.

one of the worst things that can happen is we go on a false 10 game run at teh end of the season and squeak in. all that does is give false hope and smoke and mirrors doesnt win games.

remember peeps, it aint about just making the playoffs, its about winning the cup. big difference.

these days, a team can go from missing the dance to winning the whole thing in a short time. certainly going from missing the plaoffs to making it isnt tough to do at all with a core of hank, gaborik, mdz and stalzy.

if we are out of it by feb. we become sellers. we sell off what we can, we eliminate what we can, and we make more solid trades and fa signings to go with our stable of young talented yutes. a top 5 pick wouldnt hurt either.

missing the playoffs is not the end of the world. in fact, it may be just what we need.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Fataldogg

No. Lack of scoring depth.

Lundqvist has been better these last few games, despite letting in an awfully soft GWG. He has been sharp. He will need to elevate his play further if the Rangers are going to make the playoffs. Plain and simple. He is the most important member of the team and can steal games on his own. Gaborik cannot slow down either. He hasn't been overly proficient at scoring these last two outings and we have only 3-goals in the last two games. Surprised? I'm not.

Rangers, No.

Flyers, Yes (unfortunately). Flyers just have too much talent to not make it.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
82 game season guys, this is one small rut in a long road.

Yes we will make it, don't think home ice but we will make a lower seed.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 01:35 AM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
Yes, an 8th seed, and that's only because we have the MVP on our team and a great goalie. Yes, Lundqvist hasn't been having his best year but even with that I'm confident that with the talent he has he'll pull for us when it's crunch time. We're very unlikely to make the second round though, we'd probably meet pittsburgh in the first round.

This team's #1 priority should be watching Ilya Kovalchuk put on a Rangers sweater for the 2010-2011 season. We should do whatever it takes to ensure we're the highest bidder. We can't count on the draft to save us if we're consistently going to be a mediocre team. However it's not too late to tank...

Last edited by KingWantsCup: 12-10-2009 at 12:12 AM.
KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 02:55 AM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

We wouldn't be the Rangers if we wouldn't slip into the Play Offs somehow, someway the last 3 games or so. That said, I expect a major blowout in the first round, though.

IceBear86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 10:15 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
82 game season guys, this is one small rut in a long road.

Yes we will make it, don't think home ice but we will make a lower seed.
This "small rut" has essentially amounted to 1/4 of the season which i would define as a lil more than a "rut"

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 10:34 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

5-10 all the teams are about as good as each other and anyone can make it. Philly could be better so that could be 5-11. Who ends up on the outside is too soon to tell and I'm going to keep with the idea that the Rangers make it.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Unpredictable1

Yes - I believe we have a few core guys that will become beasts down the stretch and march us into the second part of the season.

Unpredictable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
5-10 all the teams are about as good as each other and anyone can make it. Philly could be better so that could be 5-11. Who ends up on the outside is too soon to tell and I'm going to keep with the idea that the Rangers make it.
In both conferences 5 thru 8 is open for the taking, we're still in the mix, we never take the easy road anywhere do we?

And this poll is close, especially when you consider the devils fans voting 'no'.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 11:58 AM
bumrusherer

Probably not..I hope we dont go trading to just sneak into the playoffs either.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 12:39 PM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

As constructed right now this is not a playoff team, trade deadline may change that. Of course by then we could be out of it also. Only 1 reason this team is not bottom 3 in the league right now, Gaborik. Without MG even Lundquist would not keep us from being below eveyone but CAR and TOR league wide.

Many of us felt this team was somewhere between 5-10 in the east to start the year. Looks more like 8-13 now.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote