HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Comrie leaves Farjestad

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-19-2004, 02:29 PM
  #1
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,528
vCash: 500
Comrie leaves Farjestad

http://www.eliteprospects.com/news.php?news=1221

he has decided to leave the team, to instead work on his house in Phoenix.

Färjestad will now likely go out hunting for a new center.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
12-19-2004, 04:01 PM
  #2
Bring Back Bucky
Registered User
 
Bring Back Bucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Delicieux!
Country: Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 7,824
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
http://www.eliteprospects.com/news.php?news=1221

he has decided to leave the team, to instead work on his house in Phoenix.

Färjestad will now likely go out hunting for a new center.

What a shame for the nice people of Farjestad. Mike is usually so loyal to his community

Wonder what could have happened here?? Hope they didn't hurt the little guys feelings...

Bring Back Bucky is offline  
Old
12-19-2004, 04:07 PM
  #3
Vlad The Impaler
Registered User
 
Vlad The Impaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,726
vCash: 500
This is excellent news!

Vlad The Impaler is offline  
Old
12-19-2004, 04:42 PM
  #4
ALF AmericanLionsFan
Registered User
 
ALF AmericanLionsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,571
vCash: 500
That's a pretty lame excuse.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline  
Old
12-19-2004, 05:35 PM
  #5
Mxpunk
Registered User
 
Mxpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: RPV, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,269
vCash: 500
Comrie used to be my fav player, but after the bad departure in Edmonton and now this, I'm beginning to question his character; he's beginning to look like the "little spoiled rich kid" everyone who hates him in Edmonton is calling him.

Mxpunk is offline  
Old
12-19-2004, 05:44 PM
  #6
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk
Comrie used to be my fav player, but after the bad departure in Edmonton and now this, I'm beginning to question his character; he's beginning to look like the "little spoiled rich kid" everyone who hates him in Edmonton is calling him.

he's not the only nhler who went to europe, and found he didn't like playing over there..

I just thought the bit about wanting to work on his house was weak.At least use the old family issues excuse

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
12-19-2004, 06:50 PM
  #7
Madevilz
Registered User
 
Madevilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
This is excellent news!
:gman:

Madevilz is offline  
Old
12-19-2004, 07:10 PM
  #8
Lard_Lad
Registered User
 
Lard_Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
I just thought the bit about wanting to work on his house was weak.At least use the old family issues excuse
"Mike had to return home to help out during The Brick's Boxing Day sale."

Lard_Lad is offline  
Old
12-20-2004, 12:34 PM
  #9
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,468
vCash: 500
I don't think that I would enjoy being away from my family and friends for so long. Maybe he didn't anticipate the NHL season being completely lost.

That team signed him to a contract knowing that he could walk away at any time. He signed that contract knowing that he could walk away at anytime. I don't see what the problem is.

Wait, I know, maybe he is actually being heroic for not "stealing" a job from one of those poor European players.

rt is online now  
Old
12-20-2004, 03:03 PM
  #10
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt
I don't think that I would enjoy being away from my family and friends for so long. Maybe he didn't anticipate the NHL season being completely lost.

That team signed him to a contract knowing that he could walk away at any time. He signed that contract knowing that he could walk away at anytime. I don't see what the problem is.

Wait, I know, maybe he is actually being heroic for not "stealing" a job from one of those poor European players.

There is no problem
I just think it helps the owners,when players who vowed to play in Europe during the lockout,return to NA during the middle of the season to wait out the lockout.


If the lockout drags into next season,I'd like to see the nhl owners who own their ahl affilates,refuse to let the nhlers return to the ahl for the 2005-2006 season.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
12-20-2004, 03:24 PM
  #11
ehc73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
I wonder if he was out of shape like Savard and this was the best excuse he could come up with.

ehc73 is offline  
Old
12-20-2004, 03:58 PM
  #12
Kronblom
Registered User
 
Kronblom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc73
I wonder if he was out of shape like Savard and this was the best excuse he could come up with.
No, that wasn´t the case. My "wild" guess is that he was dissapointed in the fact that Färjestad only offered him a contract extension until Janyary 31. They have the money to sign bigger stars, if the NHL-season is cancelled, than Comrie and there are only room for two non EU-players.

Mike struggled in the beginning but found a spot later between Jonas Höglund and Christian Berglund. Those three began to look quite promising actually.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=158

Kronblom is offline  
Old
12-20-2004, 04:15 PM
  #13
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad
"Mike had to return home to help out during The Brick's Boxing Day sale."
lol! :lol

one of the funniest quotes i've seen here!priceless

417 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.