HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Better ambiance?

Old
12-08-2009, 04:34 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave1022 View Post
The crowd at the garden has been really crappy last few years. This year is even worse and lots of empty seats. That's what happens when you have a team that cant score, and high ticket prices during a recession.
You might want to visit some other rinks around the league. The Garden is still the place. Got back for my first game on Sunday night and my wife and I both noted how noisy the crowd and involved the crowd was compared to other places we've seen games this year.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 10:06 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
You might want to visit some other rinks around the league. The Garden is still the place. Got back for my first game on Sunday night and my wife and I both noted how noisy the crowd and involved the crowd was compared to other places we've seen games this year.
Yea, I have to agree with this. The Garden is very loud, especially compared to other arenas in the South and West. Also, keep in mind the Garden is designed with poor acoustics and the ceiling absorbs some noise. But even despite that, I think we are one of the loudest in the league. (When the team is playing well!)

Although, watching on TV you wouldn't know it because it always seems quiet, I think the crowd volume is intentianally turned down during the broadcast.

12-09-2009, 12:20 PM
rambler725

I think the atmosphere is more "juiced" up at coliseum...rangers fans at coliseum are usually louder and younger..definitely more grandstand fights at the island...last regular season game their last year they cut beer sales early....ranger fans walk with a bounce in their step on the Island where at the garden it seems it is just a regular season game with a little bit more energy since it is Islanders

rambler725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Maybe my sense is diluted a bit because Ive been to the Garden hundreds of times, but theres something about a Rangers/Islanders game at the Coliseum.

The place is an awful, awful dump but I think that gives the game more of a streetfight-type appeal. I dont know, its difficult to explain, but the ****** atmosphere of the Coliseum really brings out a lot in regards to the rivalry

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 01:18 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

It's because at the Coliseum only true hardcore Rangers fans show up, get drunk, and go nuts. Plus being in enemy territory with lots of your brothers and sisters makes you want to be louder than normal. While at the Garden you have too many schmucks who sit on their hands all night and get upset when people make some noise.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:18 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Compared to probably some guys here I haven't been going to games for too long, but I've been going every year since around 2000 and became a season ticket holder after the lockout. The place is more dead this year (including when we were winning) than I've ever seen it, including during the years of no playoffs.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote