HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Mueller Available for a Top 6 D

Old
12-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Please explain? Markov, Hamrlik, Spacek, Mara, O'Byrne, Gill and Bergeron, that's 7 reasons. I love the Gill-Georges pairing, but the man has value.
O'bryne and Bergeron should be the odd man out. Bergy more so.

Gorges, or anyone of significant value for Mueller is dumb. Hanzal is much better, though Phoenix knows this too and won't trade him.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Interesting what Maloney said in an article on the Coyotes' NHL.com page.

Quote:
We have to be patient with Peter because everyone expects him to be a 30-goal, 80-point offensive star. I think he can be that. It hasn’t happened yet. Does that mean it’s going to happen in the next week or the next month? I don’t know. The last thing we’re going to do is start throwing away top young talent. You need talent to win and he’s got it. We have to, as an organization, figure out a way to get him back to where we think he can be. He’s poised. He’s in terrific shape and he’s skating better, it’s just his game hasn’t come together. It’s just off right now. But it’s a long year and we’ve seen people turn it around before. This isn’t the time to say ‘Well, he’s no good, let’s throw him out with the wash.’ That’s not going to happen.
But yes, even though he said that they are going to trade him for a depth d-man.

In a package for a top 6 goal scorer as the rumour actually reads, maybe. For a 5 or 6 d-man, not a chance.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
Interesting what Maloney said in an article on the Coyotes' NHL.com page.

But yes, even though he said that they are going to trade him for a depth d-man.

In a package for a top 6 goal scorer as the rumour actually reads, maybe. For a 5 or 6 d-man, not a chance.
We're the Montréal Canadiens. We trade our garbage for your star players or hot prospects. It's how it works.

Don't crush our dreams!!!!!!

Old
12-08-2009, 04:57 PM
One Trick Pony

Way to completely change the meaning of the article..
Phoenix needs a veteran D.
Phoenix would also like a top 6 FW and wouldn't mind trading Mueller.
And from that you get Mueller for a top 6 D?

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:20 PM

They would probably want something like:
A. Kost
Gorges

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:21 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want The 25 View Post
Gorges for mueller ? where do i sign?
i love Gorges but once everyone is back hes most likely the 7th d with bergeron playing forward and d if theres injury
Gorges may not look like it but he's one of our best D this year. He's a beast in the corner. Gorges is the perfect partner for Gill because he's the one doing the work in the corner while Gill sits his ass in front of the net and protects the crease. Just like Scuderi was last year, Gorges is the stabilizing force needed for Gill to let him play his game. Honestly, whatever future UFAs may think, I wouldn't trade either of Gorges or O'Byrne before Mara or Gill just for the sake of making Montreal more attractive for those UFAs.

Also, the article says that Mueller may be traded for a top 6 forward so this point is moot. I would offer Pouliot however. At least, Mueller has proven that he could be a good producer in this league judging by his rookie year where he was outstanding. Put him with a center like Gomez instead of a stiff like Hanzal (he's got potential but he's not producing and there's a reason for it) and he may start producing.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

One of Mara/Gill/Spacek
plus
Pouliot
for
Mueller

Do you think a 2nd round pick has to be put in there somewhere? ...

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:47 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

He has struggled HARD since his rookie year.. I obviously don't follow Pheonix much (who the **** does?) so I am a little unsure as to why..

But I remember the expectations being extremely high for him, first-line player high.

I'd imagine being that he *has* produced well in the NHL before, it's not a skill issue. People *****ed at trading Lats away, this is more a player that could get off to a flaming start some where else.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:52 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
One of Mara/Gill/Spacek
plus
Pouliot
for
Mueller

I can't support trading Spacek for Mueller. We already acquired a questionable work ethic player in Pouliot to round out the forward ranks. Spacek is our third best defensemen, and it would be a backwards move to move a very servicable defensemen especially considering we lack top end defensive talent.

Mueller has never impressed me, I watched him alot in Everett and his game always left more to be desired. I don't think he has the work ethic to become a prolific scorer in this league.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Maitz
Chucky#27

I dont get it ... Mueller is a future top 6 forward with 50-60 pts potential. People here offer Gorges or Mara , are you guys crazy !? This guy is a powerforward in the making, he is worth more than that.

O'byrne, AK , 1st pick

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Habs13

Don't trade Mara... buuut, maybe Carle, Belle or Weber could be of interest to the Coyotes? Maybe if Bobby G throws in a mid-level prospect like say...Wyman or Stewart or even goes nuts and flips D'Agostini... Mueller is a very interesting kid. Think we can sucker them into taking back Laraque????

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:57 PM
HabsKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneInTokyo View Post
No. Gorges doesn't have to put up points to be an important asset to this team. He's the most reliable defensive d-man, that's a great quality. You guys are freakin' blind.
Thank You!

Gorges imo is our best overall defenseman on the ice without Markov around

HabsKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:59 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitz View Post
I dont get it ... Mueller is a future top 6 forward with 50-60 pts potential. People here offer Gorges or Mara , are you guys crazy !? This guy is a powerforward in the making, he is worth more than that.

O'byrne, AK , 1st pick
At one point his potential was considered much higher then that.

He had 20+G and 50+ pts in his rookie campaign! Many thought he could be a 30-G/70-PT guy. I think a poor combination of work ethic and poor surrounding perhaps has had him fall from the depth chart.

IMO he has a much better chance at turning himself around then Pouliot does (he has already scored 20+ at the NHL level). It will probably require a new environment and he'll have to develop a proper relationship with his coach (a happy player is generally a productive one).

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
Top 6 defenseman? Do it Bob. We're going to have an stockpile of defenseman once Markov returns. I wouldn't mind giving up Paul Mara and maybe a 3rd round pick.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Bowzer

Mueller's issue is his skating. I think he may be overrated, by that, I say his ceiling may not be as a 1st line center. A good player none the less, but I see his upside as a good 1st line winger or a great 2nd line center.

Bowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
One of Mara/Gill/Spacek
plus
Pouliot
for
Mueller

Do you, or anyone know how hard it is for Montréal to draw free agents, so now we're going to trade 1 of 3 who signed here ? Plus someone else who is virtually like Mueller (though without the slight success that Mueller has already)

On top of that, it's a top 6 forward.

Mods, please change the title.

Others, please be smart when posting.

Also, pleks is a UFA at the end of the year, so him for Mueller wouldn't happen, unless Pleks agrees to sign.

Andrei for Mueller, something around that could work, but something like that and I'd rather go for Hanzal.

Old
12-08-2009, 06:18 PM
The Bernie Federko

Again, the Habs don't have the pieces to make a trade, nor are they in a position to warrant a trade as it stands right now. Bob will have to try to build this team in the off season with second tier UFA signings and the hope that a couple of those kids in Hamilton suddenly become decent, mature players.

The Bernie Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

Do you, or anyone know how hard it is for Montréal to draw free agents, so now we're going to trade 1 of 3 who signed here ? Plus someone else who is virtually like Mueller (though without the slight success that Mueller has already)

On top of that, it's a top 6 forward.

Mods, please change the title.

Others, please be smart when posting.

Also, pleks is a UFA at the end of the year, so him for Mueller wouldn't happen, unless Pleks agrees to sign.

Andrei for Mueller, something around that could work, but something like that and I'd rather go for Hanzal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I can't support trading Spacek for Mueller. We already acquired a questionable work ethic player in Pouliot to round out the forward ranks. Spacek is our third best defensemen, and it would be a backwards move to move a very servicable defensemen especially considering we lack top end defensive talent.

Mueller has never impressed me, I watched him alot in Everett and his game always left more to be desired. I don't think he has the work ethic to become a prolific scorer in this league.
Apparently the 2nd round pick thing doesn't work without Ryder or the sarcasm smiley attached to it. I was, to be honest though, only being half sarcastic.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Miller Time

I'm amazed at how little value Gorges has to some posters...

at his age, cap hit, and performance level, Gorges might just be our most "valuable" player as far as bang for the buck goes.

Not too mention that he has steadily improved since he got here, works his arse off every game, appears to be a solid teammate and burgeoning leader...

Gorges value to this team is way way way greater that anything we could get for him in a trade, and that's a good thing.

he is and should be a key part of how this team is built moving forward.

I tend to think that when he reaches his prime, he'll be a very steady #2 dman, in the mold of a craig rivet in his prime and maybe a little better.

Not a guy to trade away for a guy like Mueller, who although has great potential, is too much of a gamble to risk losing the sure thing you have in Gorges...

Gill, Mara, Spacek, Bergeron... these guys are all replaceable, 3 of them we got this past offseason for no reason more than we outbid (either in $$ or in opportunity for role/icetime) the competition for their services.

Gorges, at his cap hit now and in the near future, would be very very very difficult to replace.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
I'm amazed at how little value Gorges has to some posters...

at his age, cap hit, and performance level, Gorges might just be our most "valuable" player as far as bang for the buck goes.

Not too mention that he has steadily improved since he got here, works his arse off every game, appears to be a solid teammate and burgeoning leader...

Gorges value to this team is way way way greater that anything we could get for him in a trade, and that's a good thing.

he is and should be a key part of how this team is built moving forward.
Amen, man.

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 07:42 PM
habs86

vCash: 265
Send a message via MSN to habs86 Send a message via Yahoo to habs86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I'll offer Scott Gomez.
Gomez is not a defencemen

habs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs86 View Post
Gomez is not a defencemen
"Up front, Maloney wouldn't mind adding another top-six goal-scorer and it has been widely reported that young center Peter Mueller could be made available."

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Erika

I'd offer

To Phoenix: Spacek + D'agostini

To Montreal: Mueller

Who cares if we lose Spacek, Gainey got him for free on the FA and it's not like he's irreplaceble... Markov is coming back soon anyways.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Trunitsyn View Post
I'd offer

To Phoenix: Spacek + D'agostini

To Montreal: Mueller

Who cares if we lose Spacek, Gainey got him for free on the FA and it's not like he's irreplaceble... Markov is coming back soon anyways.

I think that's a good and realistic offer.

After all, if I was building a young team that intends to contend in 3-4 years, I'd plan on dealing a potential core young player for a recently available UFA (who I didn't bid on) who will retire in 3-4 years.

Adding in D'Agostini seals the deal since I'd be the winner short-term with Spacek and long-term potentially as D'Agostini could pot 15-20 goals. If he can't score that much, then at least he'd do so for the next 3-4 season on my farm club.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Mara+Lapierre+Maxwell+Stewart+Weber for Mueller and Kevin Porter and Chad Kolarik...

I'll pay a lot to have the chance to see the Pacioretty-Porter-Kolarik line once again....

Kidding aside, I just can't see them trading him. They'll regret it so much if they do it.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote