HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Kris Chucko

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2004, 12:48 PM
Form and Substance

vCash: 500
Kris Chucko

How's he doing this year in the NCAA? Stats? Any report?

Old
12-18-2004, 12:50 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

He has 7 points in 17 games thus far I beleive. It is a decent start, the rest of his game is going very well though. I beleive the fans in Minnesota have really taken a liken to him.

Unlike his former teammate Zajac he went to College as an 18 year old, not as a 19 year old. So he is still adjusting due to the fact he is a whole year younger, which is alot for these kids. His stats are average, but this is a true case of stats don't tell the entire story. He is learning and adjusting with each game and gaining more and more confidence. It is goign to be interesting to compare the 2nd hald of his season vs his first half.

Old
12-18-2004, 01:21 PM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
I saw Kris play the Wisconsin Badgers and I kept a very close eye on him. Chucko a very smart player, I just think he needs to work on his footspeed and overall quickness and agility, because he seems to be struggling at times playing vs small and extremely quick forwards that you find a plenty of in the NCAA.

The kid should be a 2nd tier powerforward in the NHL.

Old
12-18-2004, 02:33 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

he is still getting used to the college game...however, he has made a few strides in the past weeks, using his physical presence to score goals and cause traffic....I expect he'll come out flyin' when the season resumes...

Old
12-18-2004, 02:56 PM
Russian_fanatic

Kris is a very good character guy, and I see him doing very well in the NHL. I see him averaging 20-25 goals a year with his style.

Old
12-18-2004, 03:47 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
I saw him once this season. He looked great away from the puck, played physical and got open well. He was average speed. Didn't really get that many quality shots off. Thats about all I got from the game.

Old
12-18-2004, 03:48 PM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 1582
His physical play has been a surprise to me. I knew was going to be a power forward but he is coming into his own quickly as a physical player. His hands are better than most guys his size and age. Makes some finesse moves out there. The majority of his points have come from 3 feet away and i would imagine that is where he will score mostly throughout his career. As far as points go, to comapre: Danny Irmen had 14g 8a for 22 pts last year in 44 games. This year he has 12g 10a in 17 games. What a difference a year makes. Irmen is a better skater and play maker but the majority off NCAA freshmen need that first year to learn if they play any kind of physical game. Like Irmen did. Guys do not wear down like they do in other junior leagues. I would imagine Chucko to at least match his first half performance and will probally end up with around 20-25 points this year. the second half of the year will be much easier.

Old
12-18-2004, 10:31 PM
chaachie12

His progress from game 1 to game 17 has been amazing. He was invisible the first few games, not anymore. I tink he is quickly becoming one of the better players. He is tough and seems to be in theh right spot (right in front of the goal usually). I wouldn't be suprised to see him go on a small tear (10+ points) and finish with around 20 for the year, which is a nice freshman year, considering the team he is on. Still EXTREMELY raw, especially as an NHL prospect. HE will probably see all 4 years, or for sure 3 at MN!

Old
12-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Cerebral

I wouldn't be shocked if he really turned it on in the second half of the season. It seems like it takes a lot of guys about a half a season to adapt to the college game till they really start to get going. Oilers prospect Colin McDonald started really slow for Providence last year then really picked it up towards the end of the year. He had 5 goals in 5 games to start this season until he got hurt...

Old
12-19-2004, 11:06 PM
Undsioux130

Send a message via AIM to Undsioux130 Send a message via MSN to Undsioux130
Chucko is amazing. I went to a few of the games, and he is magical. Of course, playing with the number one team in the nation, he has some help. But he's great. Still 4 goals and 3 Assists for 7 points in 17 games, but he is a presence out there.

Old
12-19-2004, 11:57 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I think he's 3rd or 4th line too. Mainly used as a checking player. Last I hear and saw he was playing pretty well.

Old
12-20-2004, 12:59 AM
Phanuthier*

For those of you who have seen him, what NHL player would you compare him too?

I've heard everything from checker, to powerforward (ie. Iginla type game, not upside, but style) and Jamie Langenbrunner.

Old
12-20-2004, 05:37 PM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 1582
Adam Deadmarsh comes to mind, Always in the mix.

Closed Thread