HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"This is a Test" - 12.8.09 - Vancouver at Nashville 7:00 CST

Old
12-08-2009, 03:05 PM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
I think we're going to swarm on them and kick their butt!

I think they are a pretty good team, but after a couple weak performances I expect the full 100% Predator effort, with a lot of shots.

I think the defense also has some making up to do so I think we'll see some good taking it to the body style play instead of puck fishing. And hopefully the rest has Rinne ready to go.

Go Predators!

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:36 PM
CrazyCanucks

[quote=galiano;22541699]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
Reporting from Vancouver here...as I know the Canucks well (and loathe them more then any other team)...the guys in the office think this game can go either way.

Easiest thing to do is as follows: Attack the Luongo - get bodys infront of the net. Get Belak or Tootoo to pest and abuse the Sedin Sisters or Ryan Kesler and throw them off there game. Those are 4 key points and you'll see the PREDS take this overrated team.

People in Canada are starting to really hate on the Canucks because they are claiming that they are "Canada's only chance/Canada's best chance" at a Stanley Cup. They have 4 weapons: The Sedin Sisters, Ryan Kesler and Roberto Luongo.

QUOTE]

I normally wouldn't reply to an ignorant post such as yours but I can't let it pass.

Just where the hell are you getting such BS ?? I follow NHL hockey and the Canucks ultra closely and have never heard " Canada's only chance " or whatever you are making up.

BTW calling the Sedins " sisters " went out years ago. Henrik has 34 points in 29 games and is 7th in NHL scoring. He's the 5th leading centerman in the league. You obviously haven't seen the Sedins play. I imagine there are a few Predator fans who would like to have them in Nashville uniforms given that your leading scorer has 19 points ( good for 5th on the Canucks ) tied with Edler a D man.

( Hold the flames as this isn't directed at anyone except Richie79 )

BTW TradeLegwand great GDT.

I love how people still call them the sisters. They are top 10 in the NHL and people still think they suck. Dont listen to haters...

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Federko

[QUOTE=galiano;22541699]
Quote:
Reporting from Vancouver here...as I know the Canucks well (and loathe them more then any other team)...the guys in the office think this game can go either way.

Easiest thing to do is as follows: Attack the Luongo - get bodys infront of the net. Get Belak or Tootoo to pest and abuse the Sedin Sisters or Ryan Kesler and throw them off there game. Those are 4 key points and you'll see the PREDS take this overrated team.

People in Canada are starting to really hate on the Canucks because they are claiming that they are "Canada's only chance/Canada's best chance" at a Stanley Cup. They have 4 weapons: The Sedin Sisters, Ryan Kesler and Roberto Luongo.

QUOTE]

I normally wouldn't reply to an ignorant post such as yours but I can't let it pass.

Just where the hell are you getting such BS ?? I follow NHL hockey and the Canucks ultra closely and have never heard " Canada's only chance " or whatever you are making up.

BTW calling the Sedins " sisters " went out years ago. Henrik has 34 points in 29 games and is 7th in NHL scoring. He's the 5th leading centerman in the league. You obviously haven't seen the Sedins play. I imagine there are a few Predator fans who would like to have them in Nashville uniforms given that your leading scorer has 19 points ( good for 5th on the Canucks ) tied with Edler a D man.

( Hold the flames as this isn't directed at anyone except Richie79 )

BTW TradeLegwand great GDT.
I'm a Nashville Predators fan and I wouldn't touch the Sedins with a 10 ft. pole. They're overrated and fail in clutch situations--and that has been the story there entire career. I don't see the Sedins on my version of a Preds Stanley Cup team.

Second of all Canadian press reported the Canucks self proclaimed: "Canada's best chance" at the beginning of the season...this means: TSN, Sportsnet, The Hockey News (BC Version with Luongo on the cover), etc, etc It's all I hear at work too from Vancouver hockey fans..it's all I hear on Vancouver sports radio as well. So don't come on a Preds board and act like what? I've never seen/heard this because it's very true.

Do you troll on Calgary Flames or Edmonton Oilers boards ? and compliment them on there GDTs?

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Federko

[QUOTE=CrazyCanucks;22542805]
Quote:
Originally Posted by galiano View Post

I love how people still call them the sisters. They are top 10 in the NHL and people still think they suck. Dont listen to haters...

Old
12-08-2009, 04:28 PM
NuxFan09

If the Sedins were sisters, why would one of your keys to the game be to shut them down? I suppose because if the Predators didn't shut them down then they'd light it up, wouldn't they? Sisters...

Anyways, I predict a 2-1 OT win for you guys. Somehow your team manages to stymie almost every team with Trotz's exhausting defensive system. I predict it will work against the Canucks to perfection and Erat (Nashville's edition of the "Canuck Killer") will score the winner on a PP in OT.

Hoping for a different result, though!

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 04:38 PM
rye&ginger

[QUOTE=Richie79;22543513]
Quote:
Originally Posted by galiano View Post

Second of all Canadian press reported the Canucks self proclaimed: "Canada's best chance" at the beginning of the season...this means: TSN, Sportsnet, The Hockey News (BC Version with Luongo on the cover), etc, etc It's all I hear at work too from Vancouver hockey fans..it's all I hear on Vancouver sports radio as well. So don't come on a Preds board and act like what? I've never seen/heard this because it's very true.
Dude you are letting the media rile you up. Did anyone from the Canucks or a reasonable fan make a comment about being the 'best chance'?

rye&ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
If the Sedins were sisters, why would one of your keys to the game be to shut them down? I suppose because if the Predators didn't shut them down then they'd light it up, wouldn't they? Sisters...

Anyways, I predict a 2-1 OT win for you guys. Somehow your team manages to stymie almost every team with Trotz's exhausting defensive system. I predict it will work against the Canucks to perfection and Erat (Nashville's edition of the "Canuck Killer") will score the winner on a PP in OT.

Hoping for a different result, though!
only a canuck fan would predict a win from the other team after attacking someone's point of view against there precious "nucks".

Old
12-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Federko

[QUOTE=rye&ginger;22543740]
Quote:

Dude you are letting the media rile you up. Did anyone from the Canucks or a reasonable fan make a comment about being the 'best chance'?
media? i hear it every day at work. i mean every day. it's the same ego luongo has you know in a press conference after he lets in 4 or 5 (see-the month of october)...I would consider my work collegues (whom I totally love) reasonable/die hard Canuck fans.

Old
12-08-2009, 04:57 PM
NuxFan09

Quote:
only a canuck fan would predict a win from the other team after attacking someone's point of view against there precious "nucks".
What's wrong with that? It's a prediction, not a "homeristic" wish.

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:03 PM
daethfromabove1979

Quote:

Do you troll on Calgary Flames or Edmonton Oilers boards ? and compliment them on there GDTs?
the canucks board is probably a ghost town because they're always just trolling other teams boards

go preds!

daethfromabove1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:07 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
ugh... I HATE this team! My least favorite team in the entire NHL. Hopefully Burrows will get run over for the hit he put on Dumont. Gah I hate this team so much.

Hopefully we come out moving our legs and play a sound puck possession game like we do in the games we win.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:21 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
someone's getting blown out tonight, which team? well who knows...

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:33 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

We need this win in regulation tonight, but I guess I'd settle for an OT win.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Jonesey
It's almost time..

We need these 2 points tonight. No more efforts likke last game.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
ugh... I HATE this team! My least favorite team in the entire NHL. Hopefully Burrows will get run over for the hit he put on Dumont. Gah I hate this team so much.

Hopefully we come out moving our legs and play a sound puck possession game like we do in the games we win.

**** the canucks

Old
12-08-2009, 07:10 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Let's go Preds, light up Luongo!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 07:14 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

BOOYAH, Erat baby!

Old
12-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Federko

Ya!!! Erat!!!!

Old
12-08-2009, 07:24 PM
OpenWheel

Tootto, Goc, and... Dumont? How does that make any sense?

Man, I thought we'd drill them. But even leading 1-0 I have a bad feeling looking at these lines.

Old
12-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Federko

see how Edler (canucks) went right to the dressing room after getting hit along the boards....that's all we HAVE to do boys...check check check! They can't handle it...

Old
12-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Jonesey
It's almost time..

And boom goes the erat!

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 07:37 PM
OpenWheel

Hornqvist has two shots in half the minutes so far that it took all of our other forwards, except Erat, to have zero shots. Ahh. He got another shift and now has more comparable ice time. Most of the shots have been from the defense. Which isn't all bad I guess, means the opportunity to join was there.

Old
12-08-2009, 07:49 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Hornqvist has two shots in half the minutes so far that it took all of our other forwards, except Erat, to have zero shots. Ahh. He got another shift and now has more comparable ice time. Most of the shots have been from the defense. Which isn't all bad I guess, means the opportunity to join was there.
The D-men were getting quite a few shots but no one was screening Luongo or even nearby for a rebound.

Old
12-08-2009, 07:54 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Well send me home and call me Buford. I'm proud of that 20 minutes.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 08:02 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Erat again, BOOYAH!!!