HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marketing / Fan Interest

Old
11-04-2009, 11:13 AM
zz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Why? Why must everyone (or anyone, for that matter) be cajoled into unbending devotion to a sports franchise?
Because hockey's a religion. And it's the only one worth following. Who are you to question such a universal truth? Heretic!

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 12:06 PM
indczn

Anyone catching the new "Inside the pack" segment on NHL home ice on XM/sirius? I try to, put its after I get to work so I can't listen. It should eventually get posted on http://www.nhlhomeice.com/audio.php but that might be a few days. The first one with GMDM from last week is on there. This week Dave King was on.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:44 AM
pzilla3

Out of curiosity what's the youth hockey scene like in Arizona? I'd have to believe that interest for the game and specifically the Coyotes would start with kids playing the game.

pzilla3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:56 AM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzilla3 View Post
Out of curiosity what's the youth hockey scene like in Arizona? I'd have to believe that interest for the game and specifically the Coyotes would start with kids playing the game.
Pretty active considering it's Phoenix. There are about 5 rinks in town I think.

My son went through the Ice Den ice skating hockey initiation program and played in the house league for 3 years. It's always full, and pretty competitive to get in. About 60+ kids in each age group, spread across 4 teams.

I know Polar Ice in Chandler and Peoria have active programs, too.

Oceanside in Tempe & Arcadia in Phoenix - I'm not familiar with, but I know they have youth hockey programs.

And I've been to Ozzie Ice a few times, it's close to my house. They only have 2 very small rinks, but they have a great program for parents & kids to practice together in full hockey gear. And it's real ice. Really fun, and only $ 15 for a pair. I think it's called "Cubs & Bears". I highly recommend it.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzilla3 View Post
It's pretty good these days. I have a friend who's kid plays in Gilbert and it's always packed over there. There are also so good travel teams as well, like PF Changs (mmm....mongolian beef) whom I believe is the elite team of the state. I have no facts but I wouldn't be surprised if youth hockey has tripled or even quadrupled since the Coyotes have arrived. If the NHL can hang on for another 20 years, expansion will pay out in spades!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 07:45 PM
BigJCaRoach
I howl

WE WIN/ YOU WIN promotion question

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=502362

I have looked everywhere and can't find a direct answer. (I apologize if it is obvious someplace else) Is the "future ticket voucher" following a victory given to any game of your choice or a preselected game by the Coyotes?

BigJCaRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJCaRoach View Post

I have looked everywhere and can't find a direct answer. (I apologize if it is obvious someplace else) Is the "future ticket voucher" following a victory given to any game of your choice or a preselected game by the Coyotes?
You can select on most games except for the ones that are on a We Win You Win night from what i understand.

I wonder if STH who dont attend those games still get a free ticket if they win?

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 10:30 PM
krepitch
Coyote Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJCaRoach View Post

The voucher says that it must be redeemed at the box office and that it must be redeemed in advance (and not on the day of the game).

It also lists specific blackout dates: 12/5, 1/16, 2/13.

It also says that the "free ticket will be equal value or less" but I don't know how they know how much your original ticket cost.

krepitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by krepitch View Post
The voucher says that it must be redeemed at the box office and that it must be redeemed in advance (and not on the day of the game).

It also says that the "free ticket will be equal value or less" but I don't know how they know how much your original ticket cost.
Presumably you would need to present your ticket from the We Win You Win game. Otherwise everyone would be like "oh yeah, I had glass seats".

Old
11-16-2009, 04:38 AM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Presumably you would need to present your ticket from the We Win You Win game. Otherwise everyone would be like "oh yeah, I had glass seats".
That's okay. Glass seats are over rated anyway.

I usually prefer seats in a corner about 4 rows above the glass.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 08:39 AM
krepitch
Coyote Fan

Quote:
That would make sense, but there might be problems because the voucher doesn't specifically state that. I saw a lot of people at the box office after the game, though, so hopefully a lot of the vouchers were exchanged then, while people still had their tickets for that night's game.

krepitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 11:59 AM
BigJCaRoach
I howl

Quote:
Originally Posted by krepitch View Post

Awesome. Thank you very much.

BigJCaRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 07:41 PM
ssmatik

Just got this in my in box:
Thank you for being part of the Coyotes family!

Starting in December, we will be launching a new program for Season Ticket Holders called the Coyotes Ambassadors Club. This will be a way for our Season Ticket Holders to encourage people they know to attend a Phoenix Coyotes game.

Membership in the club is complimentary for being a Season Ticket Holder and is not offered to the general public. We want our best fans helping us fill Jobing.com Arena!

Each Season Ticket Holder (one per account) that signs up for this program will be given business cards with a unique Phoenix Coyotes weblink. Give this business card out to anyone you would like to come to a hockey game. That person can then enter the link and purchase tickets at a discounted rate to any game this season (no minimum or maximum purchase). For each ticket you sell, you will receive 5% back to be used towards the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs or a Ticket Package for the 2010-2011 season (no cash value).

In addition to the 5% back, there are different prize levels (each level is one-time only):

* For 4 tickets sold you will receive two complimentary tickets in the lower level to a mutually agreed upon game for the 2009-10 season
* For 25 tickets sold you will receive two complimentary tickets on the glass to a mutually agreed upon game for the 2009-10 season
* For 50 tickets sold you will receive an autographed replica stick by a Coyotes player of your choice
* For 75 tickets sold you will receive a Meet and Greet with a Coyotes player of your choice
* For 100 tickets sold you will receive early entry into the Season Ticket Holder Meet the Team Event
* The Top Ten sellers will receive their own personal 12-person Luxury Suite for a predetermined game. Also, these ten people will be recognized that night during an in-game presentation.
* The Top Seller will do a Ceremonial Puck Drop at a 2009-10 Phoenix Coyotes Home Game

In addition to the recognition levels AND 5% back towards your ticket account, we also want to make sure you have the tools to help you sell tickets! We will meet once a month to go over any new promotions and answer your questions. Attendance at these monthly meetings is not mandatory.

ssmatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 08:03 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
Just got this in my in box:
Thank you for being part of the Coyotes family!

Starting in December, we will be launching a new program for Season Ticket Holders called the Coyotes Ambassadors Club. This will be a way for our Season Ticket Holders to encourage people they know to attend a Phoenix Coyotes game.

Membership in the club is complimentary for being a Season Ticket Holder and is not offered to the general public. We want our best fans helping us fill Jobing.com Arena!

Each Season Ticket Holder (one per account) that signs up for this program will be given business cards with a unique Phoenix Coyotes weblink. Give this business card out to anyone you would like to come to a hockey game. That person can then enter the link and purchase tickets at a discounted rate to any game this season (no minimum or maximum purchase). For each ticket you sell, you will receive 5% back to be used towards the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs or a Ticket Package for the 2010-2011 season (no cash value).

In addition to the 5% back, there are different prize levels (each level is one-time only):

* For 4 tickets sold you will receive two complimentary tickets in the lower level to a mutually agreed upon game for the 2009-10 season
* For 25 tickets sold you will receive two complimentary tickets on the glass to a mutually agreed upon game for the 2009-10 season
* For 50 tickets sold you will receive an autographed replica stick by a Coyotes player of your choice
* For 75 tickets sold you will receive a Meet and Greet with a Coyotes player of your choice
* For 100 tickets sold you will receive early entry into the Season Ticket Holder Meet the Team Event
* The Top Ten sellers will receive their own personal 12-person Luxury Suite for a predetermined game. Also, these ten people will be recognized that night during an in-game presentation.
* The Top Seller will do a Ceremonial Puck Drop at a 2009-10 Phoenix Coyotes Home Game

In addition to the recognition levels AND 5% back towards your ticket account, we also want to make sure you have the tools to help you sell tickets! We will meet once a month to go over any new promotions and answer your questions. Attendance at these monthly meetings is not mandatory.
Me, too. Great idea.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Me, too. Great idea.
Oh man, I'm almost going to single handedly get you a meet and greet with the Coyotes player of your choice ya lucky *******!!

Old
11-17-2009, 11:34 PM
RR

Quote:
Oh man, I'm almost going to single handedly get you a meet and greet with the Coyotes player of your choice ya lucky *******!!
Yeah, but you'll be joining me in the suite, too!

Just hope the pricing is as good as mine.

Old
11-21-2009, 11:44 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

So I was looking at this sandstorm promotion as a way to augment my current partial plan. I pretty much loathe Ticketmaster but the promotion is pretty good. Lower level tickets for 25$ in 102, 103, 109, 110, 113, 114, 120 and 121.

With the convenience charge and facility charge however the price is 34.75 per. If I read the chart right that's about 5 bucks less than the cheapest lower level STH price per game.

The Howliday pack is also pretty good this year.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=506738

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Bus Trip?

Rent a bus, buy a group ticket package. Travel to and from the visiting teams arena without staying overnight at a hotel.
Maybe get the booster club or the Coyotes organization to set this up.

I wouldn't mind riding a bus to and from the LA Area for a game and going to a bar after the game.

Of course if any of you are down for this we would need to do everything in advance, say maybe see the Coyotes vs Kings in April?

I noticed the Sharks fans did a bus trip from the Bay Area to Anaheim and had a blast.

Would any of you be interested in a bus trip?
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
12-08-2009, 05:24 PM
RR

Wasn't sure where to put this, but a curious posting if the team is leaving at the end of the season. Might be a "Meh," but interesting none the less. Why even fill a position like this?

Ticket Sales Coordinator - Phoenix Coyotes (Glendale, AZ)

Old
12-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Its makes sense to conduct business as usual until it becomes official that the team is gone.
My guess would be someone quit or got fired and need a replacement. I wonder if the position too involves selling non-Coyotes events too?

I noticed that the Joel Osteen service on Dec 4th didn't sellout, probably because alcohol was not allowed to be served.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
12-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
I noticed that the Joel Osteen service on Dec 4th didn't sellout, probably because alcohol was not allowed to be served.
Posted via Mobile Device
I was hoping it was a sign of people pulling their heads out of their ***** but perhaps I'm being too optimistic.

Old
12-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
I was hoping it was a sign of people pulling their heads out of their ***** but perhaps I'm being too optimistic.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
Frank Zappa
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
12-08-2009, 10:31 PM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
Frank Zappa
It's not surprising considering the source, but that doesn't make any sense.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote