HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Darcy Hordichuk

Old
11-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Kid_Roll

vCash: 500
Darcy Hordichuk

OK, so what is your opinion on this ex-Predator? He is currently in Vancouver, and he is currently playing kind of terrible. In fact, he has been playing kind of bad for a long while now.

I remember him playing on Nashville against us, and he was hitting, he was fighthing, he was doing all the things a good 4th liner should do.

But for us, he seems to struggle to get in on the forcheck to make a good hit, he loses more fights than he wins, he takes badly timed penalties, and he really really really struggles in his own end.

Was Hordichuk generally a good player for you guys? I am just wondering how a 4th line player grabbed a 3 year deal offer from Mike Gillis, and with the way he has played, I am just wondering if he got content with his 3 year deal, or if he was always kind of that way with other teams, as well.

Kid_Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Roll View Post
OK, so what is your opinion on this ex-Predator? He is currently in Vancouver, and he is currently playing kind of terrible. In fact, he has been playing kind of bad for a long while now.

I remember him playing on Nashville against us, and he was hitting, he was fighthing, he was doing all the things a good 4th liner should do.

But for us, he seems to struggle to get in on the forcheck to make a good hit, he loses more fights than he wins,he takes badly timed penalties, and he really really really struggles in his own end.

Was Hordichuk generally a good player for you guys? I am just wondering how a 4th line player grabbed a 3 year deal offer from Mike Gillis, and with the way he has played, I am just wondering if he got content with his 3 year deal, or if he was always kind of that way with other teams, as well.
some things never change

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

He is a jerk. That is all. He had his best offensive year with the Nucks last year posting 4 goals... enough said.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 01:33 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Darcy was never good defensively. He wasn't that great of a forechecker either, but he could play the body and was a great at getting under the other team's skin.

He's purely a tough guy who should get about five minutes a night. If Vancouver is giving him more than that, it's no wonder he looks horrible: he's out of his element.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 01:34 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

His only true prominate role with the Preds was fighter with 4th line duties. Great personality on the radio but that's about it.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 01:43 PM
Kid_Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Darcy was never good defensively. He wasn't that great of a forechecker either, but he could play the body and was a great at getting under the other team's skin.

He's purely a tough guy who should get about five minutes a night. If Vancouver is giving him more than that, it's no wonder he looks horrible: he's out of his element.

Yeah, that's the thing, he isn't laying out many hits, either. I remember him against Vancouver getting under our skin and throwing some big hits, but it seems like it's only once in a while does he decide to play that way.

He also is very clinical about his figthing, a lot of the time someone will challenge him and he will look at the scoreboard and tell them no and whatnot, which is fine, but in cases where he should just drop the gloves, he seems to still not fight, always keeping things clinical. Other players, smaller players on the team, end up taking on fights with him just watching. He just doesn't seem to have that agitating element in him at all right now.

Old
11-30-2009, 02:00 PM
PredsChik

He's a waste of a roster spot and, imo, a d-bag.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Kid_Roll

OK so the common theme here is some people calling him a jerk, d-bag, etc....That's funny because that's what I think, too, based on his comments on Trevor Linden. I assumed I was just taking it too hard because Linden was my boyhood idol, but it's funny to hear Darcy having that rep elsewhere.

Thanks for the feedback, btw, it's a slow day at work, talking hockey always makes it go by faster.

Old
11-30-2009, 02:46 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I never got that he was a jerk\d-bag...anyone want to expand on that?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 02:56 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I never got that he was a jerk\d-bag...anyone want to expand on that?
yeah I didnt get that either. The only personal experience I have to go on was one night at Opryland. My wife and I were walking around looking at the Christmas lights and a guy walked over and asked me if I could take a picture of him with his family.

I looked up and it was Darcy with his mom, dad, and fiance. I took their picture in front of the big Christmas tree, he thanked me and seemed like a warm and decent guy.

I know he isnt really old or anything, but you know sometimes those guys just get tired of busting their nuckles on someone's helmet. Remember when Big Jim Mckenzie came here and then hardly did anything?

I loved that deranged look he would get in his eyes before he gave someone the business.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 03:00 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Yeah, that's the thing, he isn't laying out many hits, either. I remember him against Vancouver getting under our skin and throwing some big hits, but it seems like it's only once in a while does he decide to play that way..
Maybe the Vancouver coach is telling him to simplify his game to see if you guys can get some offense/defense out of him rather than him being a pest? Because that is all I remember him being was pest-like and NEVER shying away from a hit.

Quote:
OK so the common theme here is some people calling him a jerk, d-bag, etc..
I've never heard that. I have actually heard quite the opposite. I heard he was a HUGE character that loved practical jokes, was very outspoken, and comical. Maybe guys on the team were annoyed with him and how much he talked/joked, but I don't think anyone really thought of him as an a-hole.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Liquidfire3240

Well, His magic tricks were sub-par
Radulov's best friend in the locker room was apparently Hordi.
On ice...well, its been said before, quite a limited player.

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

A lot of people are bitter towards Hordichuk because he ended Sulzer's season last year. He was also involved in the aftermath of the Burrows/Dumont incident, and running his mouth to guys on the bench.

But when Hordy was here, he was a great guy, on and off the ice. I remember watching a video where he put on a magic show during the Father's weekend. But now that the tables have turned, it sucks to have to play against him.

Trotz kept Hordy on a very tight leash, but he really cooled down on taking bad penalties his last season with us. I remember at one point he had 60 PIM with 0 minor penalties. Hordy would have to ask Trotz if he could fight. Probably a big reason why he wanted out.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 01:49 AM
June 2007

Its not like he plays in Vancouver eithier, maybe once every 7 games.

June 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 06:06 AM
fielding

I liked watching him fight....usually got me pumped up.

fielding is offline   Reply With Quote