HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs beat the Sens 4-1

Old
12-09-2009, 08:12 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Was indeed amazing, will post a couple of more videos tonight of the Habs fans drowning out the Sens fans.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Fozz

I've always said that once the Sens start declining, so would the attendance at Scotia Bank Place. People here in Ottawa just aren't passionate about their team and the stupid location of that building certainly doesn't help.

The original owners could have put that arena right on Lebreton Flats, right smack downtown and just across the river from Quebec but they made the mistake of putting it in the middle of nowhere in order to make more $. No smart.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:30 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Always had a blast when I wnet there,but we did suffer a couple of beatings and I stopped going

In the last 2 seasons we win more and more in Ottawa,I'm scared to go back and we start losing again.I went 3 years ago hockey day in Canada and left after the 2nd,I think it was 6-0 at that point for the Sens

But I did see one of the best games ever,the Spezza goal on Theodore in OT,that was a great hockey game and the crowd was electric

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
Where in the **** did this Just sayin' phrase come from?
Do yourself a favor and get use to it, Rated R superstar, Doug Mckensie and Kriss E could spend the next 2 years with the same exact joke if they feel like it

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:36 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

The Northeast Division is our home

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Originalsix

Was there last night with a bunch of Habs fans from around the area and Montreal. Was incredible! We drowned out all of the Sens fans, and was soo happy when we scored the insurance goal to shut them up. There was this one loud Sens fan, wearing a Hossa jersey....so annoying it was hilarious. He would always yell "Come on, lets go Spezza", I would immediately follow him with "I love you Spezza!"

Originalsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:59 AM
HabFan1975

It is the most boring arena in the NHL by far, situated in the middle of nowhere on top of that with ridiculous traffic before and specialy after the game. I live in gatineau and can get very cheap tickets sometimes even free but the only games I attend are the Habs of course and sometimes Washington and Pittsburgh.

HabFan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:06 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabFan1975 View Post
It is the most boring arena in the NHL by far, situated in the middle of nowhere on top of that with ridiculous traffic before and specialy after the game. I live in gatineau and can get very cheap tickets sometimes even free but the only games I attend are the Habs of course and sometimes Washington and Pittsburgh.
The Leafs building is awful as well almost zero atmosphere.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

It's pretty easy why it's been so dominated by Habs' fans. The Sens have had 2 bad seasons prior to this one (and this one isn't looking particularly good) and have lost their best player. There were still ticks available before the game.

It's usually a ****ing drag to get Sens ticks for a Habs game (I think they're all part of 10-game packages now).

Probably since they couldn't sell them all as season ticks or 10-game packages, they had to let them go for single games.

Ottawa ***** also. And there's a ton of Habs fan over here (I remember they did a poll once, and there's more Habs fans in the Gatineau region by 10-15%).

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:33 AM
yoteshot

Hope it's the same on December 28th 'cause I'll be there!

yoteshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:45 AM
habsrock76

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabFan1975 View Post
The location of Scotiabank Place is the Sens biggest issue, i get offered free tickets all the time but refuse to go because the hassel of getting there and leaving outweighs the enjoyment of the game.

Lebreton Flats wouldve been perfect, but the NCC wanted a tonne of cash and the current land in Kanata was already owned buy Firestone when he started the team.

habsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by skule123 View Post

I write this as a guy who has been a life-long Habs fan, but will cheer my hometown Ottawa (despite the ridiculous location of the arena) when the CH isn't involved. I just find the casual fan support here to be pretty fair weather. I mean, we complain about our team frequently and loudly, but we usually still show up to pack the stadium and make noise until the inevitable 2 goal deficit in the first period.
The location is quite stupid. I'm not even sure if the OC transpo goes there, or not. I would have to hope so...

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:56 AM
skule123

Plus Firestone wanted to rezone the land around the stadium from farm land to commercial land, but got nixed by the Ontario Municipal Board allegedly due to the Liberals leaving office early for the NDP, who had better representation from Hamilton (of the failed '93 expansion bid) and reneged on promises to rezone the land and pay for the highway overpass out of political spite.

Or such was what Firestone said in the course he taught at Carleton when I was in his class. Visited his lovely owner's box at SBP too!

skule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:56 AM
HabFan1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
The location of Scotiabank Place is the Sens biggest issue, i get offered free tickets all the time but refuse to go because the hassel of getting there and leaving outweighs the enjoyment of the game.

Lebreton Flats wouldve been perfect, but the NCC wanted a tonne of cash and the current land in Kanata was already owned buy Firestone when he started the team.
Lebreton Flats would've been perfect but money talks I guess.

HabFan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:59 AM
skule123

OC Transpo does go out there, but it can be inconvenient since it's special service and not regular service.

I used to work with a company and would host clients in their Scotia Bank Place luxury suite, but also had to rely on the bus to get there and back. If the clients didn't clear out quickly after the game, I'd have to excuse myself to make sure to not miss the last bus back to literal Ottawa, not exactly an optimal scenario.

skule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:10 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
I've always said that once the Sens start declining, so would the attendance at Scotia Bank Place. People here in Ottawa just aren't passionate about their team and the stupid location of that building certainly doesn't help.

The original owners could have put that arena right on Lebreton Flats, right smack downtown and just across the river from Quebec but they made the mistake of putting it in the middle of nowhere in order to make more $. No smart.
Even Lebreton Flats isn't downtown, it's close but not downtown. Although it is far closer than Kanata..

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Stradale

That place is a ****ing joke when the Habs are not playing there. Everytime I see a Sens game on tv at SBP, its always dead. I remember watching their game on sportsnet and the Sens scored an important goal and some fans was just sitting there clapping with no emotion. They should serve tea and cookies there instead of beer, hotdog and pizza.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
Even Lebreton Flats isn't downtown, it's close but not downtown. Although it is far closer than Kanata..
Same difference. Lebreton flats is in walking distance from downtown.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:28 AM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 50
Whenever we play the Sens in Ottawa, we own that building every time. It's not even a contest really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteshot View Post
Hope it's the same on December 28th 'cause I'll be there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I'll be there on January 30th. Huzzah!
I'm going to one of those two games! It'll be fun to see the Habs beat the Sens in our home arena away from home.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Pascal

Ottawa was showing it's such a boring city, that's all.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 12:00 PM
guapo23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatorial Committee View Post
What an uninformed opinion. There are many Sens fans, young & old.

I guess me & many others in Ottawa have changed our allegiance (GASP!) to the local team over the last 15 odd years.
But I said DIE-HARD Sens fans.
Not lame casual NO ATMOSPHERE AT THE GAMES Sens fans.

The passionate Sens fans will be rarely older than mid-20's.
Especially when the Sens are playing versus the Habs or Leafs.

Even if you cheer for the local team 90% of the time, I strongly doubt you are able to keep cheering for them when they play your old team.

I'm happy for you that you were able to betray your original team.
Good on you Benedict Arnold !

Actually in hindsight it makes sense.
Who better to flip flop and betray their loyalties than a city full of politicians & goverment employees !

guapo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo23 View Post
I disagree.
He has been great in his own zone - making crisp passes, getting the puck out quickly. He has joined the rush well, not made bad decisions etc..
He is playing with confidence & poise.

Yes he coughs up the puck once in a while.
But he is tied for 2nd in goals by defenseman !!!!!

He was producing in his first few games, was quiet for a bit, now he is steadily racking up the points. He was never useless or else he would have been scratched.
Let's not go crazy. I love me a little MAB success now and again, but that guy has not been anywhere close to great in the defensive zone, and has a lot of giveaways and miscues on record so far. Getting used to new teammates, etc, makes a difference, but his decision making has been suspect fairly often. As long as he is producing, though, the good is going to outweigh the bad. And his production is light years above what I could have expected, so overall I would say he is playing well.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS View Post
let's not forget it's his contract year???????????????
It was also his contract year last year.. How did that turn out?

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
Woah. I never knew how ill-advised the Sens fans were until I visited their board today:| Usually I just stick to Habs/Bruins/Leafs.. but wow. They are some funny little kids. They've spent a whole 10 posts talking about how the Habs are a bunch of smurfs.. but the funny part is.. the Habs just out hit them, played with more grit and tenacity than them tonight lol. What a bunch of losers.
You're just finding this out now? You should ask a Leaf fan of their opinion of the Sens lol.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 12:34 PM
guapo23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Let's not go crazy. I love me a little MAB success now and again, but that guy has not been anywhere close to great in the defensive zone, and has a lot of giveaways and miscues on record so far. Getting used to new teammates, etc, makes a difference, but his decision making has been suspect fairly often. As long as he is producing, though, the good is going to outweigh the bad. And his production is light years above what I could have expected, so overall I would say he is playing well.
The thing is I can forgive defensive lapses when :

- they don't result in goals against
- the player that made the mistake makes up for it with their other skills (bodychecks, goals scored, outlet pases etc..)

We all loved Souray despite his highlight reel gaffes because he fought to protect his teammates and scored tons of goals.

MAB makes less mistakes than Souray althohgh he does not score as much or fight.

guapo23 is offline   Reply With Quote