HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

O'Byrne calls out Komisarek?

Old
12-09-2009, 09:14 AM
PunkinDrublic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slave View Post
Thank you, sir !

Komisarek has played very well for the Leafs after a slow start to the season. He's playing a very reliable defensive game and is creating space for Kaberle to work with. We've seen a much more improvement in Kaberle's game after being paired with Komisarek. Without Komisarek, Kaberle seemed to struggle and didn't look the same. Now that Komisarek is back, Kaberle has started to play well again. To me its not a coincidence.

Don't let the plus-minus fool you. Our goaltending is partially to blame for that.

O'Byrne might become a similar player, but to all him better than Komisarek right now is an overstatement. I suggest not to mention it too much or everyone will start calling him the new Mr. Overrated.

Best of luck.
Thank you sir, Komisarek sucks and we all know it. That's why Burke defends his signing by playing him with Kaberle. Anyone can see he is no better than any other #5 Dman out there.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:14 AM
number 11

In our own end, along the boards, in front of our net, on the breakout....I'd rather have O'byrne on my team. That's not to say that I didn't like Komisarek when he was on top of his game though, however I think he was playing over his head that in 07-08 whereas O'byrne is capable of being a solid defenseman in his own end every game.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Thank you sir, Komisarek sucks and we all know it. That's why Burke defends his signing by playing him with Kaberle. Anyone can see he is no better than any other #5 Dman out there.
Why wouldn't they play him with Kaberle?We would have paid him just as much to play with Markov,so because Gainey failed to sign him he sucks?I don't think you would be saying the same had Komi signed with us

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:19 AM
weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Hell no he's not! not even close, it still shows that he's missing Markov, he doesn't have the same liberties playing with Kaberle to go fore the off position hit like he use too, not to mention he has nobody to cover his mistakes now.
This is wrong. Komisarek played horribly to start the season and was almost a liability on some nights. The past 10-12 games or so hes been playing fantastic hockey and has really calmed down on the silly penalties and giveaways. The way he is currently playing, he's certainly earning all of his 4.5 million a year.

weems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:22 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Why wouldn't they play him with Kaberle?We would have paid him just as much to play with Markov,so because Gainey failed to sign him he sucks?I don't think you would be saying the same had Komi signed with us
LMAO, no because he really does suck. Please enough of this. He is a very weak 4th D playing 2nd D with 1st D $.

Old
12-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
LMAO, no because he really does suck. Please enough of this. He is a very weak 4th D playing 2nd D with 1st D $.
Then don't waste you're time posting,stay out of threads that don't interest you

Old
12-09-2009, 09:27 AM
jcpenny

OByrne is better with the puck and takes better decisions under pressure. Komi commits a lot of turnovers under pressure where he looks for the glass 9/10 times even though a player is open.

I also think that OByrne is better positionly wise, he takes a lot of space with his reach and wingspan which forces player to dump it out. Komi is not as steady, he can be caught out of position often because of his agressive mentality like last saturday when Bergeron made him look like a pee-wee with a deke.

Where Komi is better is his play in the corners, hes just a force. Obyrne is getting better but hes not in Komi's class. Regardless of the money, id take OByrne because even when both where MTL, i thought OByrne would be a better hockey player while Komi is a better athlete.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:28 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

O'Byrne is better at this stage of his career than Mike was. Komisarek is only marginally better than Ryan but during the life of that horrendous contract for a player that puts up no points O'Byrne will easily surpass him as a better player.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:29 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Whats with the does this somehow make your post more sympathetic ?
I can and will post in any thread i wish really. I love how you mods stick together even when the other one is so wrong.
These are the same fans who claimed when Komi played for the Habs that he sucked.
They were right then and and wrong now, how ironic.

Old
12-09-2009, 10:15 AM
TinordiandSubban

This years OB is more reliable than last years Komi.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Go Habs Go

O'Byrne is not better then Komisarek today but he's better then Komisarek when the latter was the same age. Not as physical but more effective defensively. He has the potential to surpass Komi in the future but its up to him to step it up more.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:40 AM
jamz

Komisarek brought a physical dimension O'Byrne couldn't, not because he doesn't have the physique, but because he doesn't have the heart/rage. They are different kinds of defensemen. At the same salary I'd take Komisarek on my team any day. At 4.5M$ I wouldn't take either though...

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Whats with the does this somehow make your post more sympathetic ?
I can and will post in any thread i wish really. I love how you mods stick together even when the other one is so wrong.
These are the same fans who claimed when Komi played for the Habs that he sucked.
They were right then and and wrong now, how ironic.
Yes we are so wrong and those same fans earlier last year before his injury wanted Komi signed long term and wanted him to be the next captain of this franchise,now he signed with Toronto and sucks because he plays with Kaberle while when he was here he played with Markov and we all said he was amazing and even voted him to the ASG?

I'm not saying he is worth that much or is that great,but remember we all wanted him signed and Gainey did offer more or less the same amount

Old
12-09-2009, 10:51 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

This is O'B's first full season in the NHL, since he spent over a month in Hamilton during the past two years, he's looking better and better as he gains more experience and confidence. I wouldn't say he's better then Komisarek, but I do think he's in the same mold and around the same level when you compare O'B to Komi's first full year in the NHL.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Pandemic

I just wouldn't be able to stand Komisarek's price tag. I think he's more in the realm of a 3.5million$ contract. You don't pay 4.5-5million for a player that puts up 0 points.

Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 12:59 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
I just wouldn't be able to stand Komisarek's price tag. I think he's more in the realm of a 3.5million$ contract. You don't pay 4.5-5million for a player that puts up 0 points.
More goals scored in his own net then points
that has to be a really ugly stat

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Hell no he's not! not even close, it still shows that he's missing Markov, he doesn't have the same liberties playing with Kaberle to go fore the off position hit like he use too, not to mention he has nobody to cover his mistakes now.
Someone has only watched the games where he's faced the Habs. Those were weak in comparison.

"Mophead in the middle is the mad scientist of the group. He sits quietly, wide eyed with a smile on his face until someone unleashes him, and then he explodes into an explanation Fury like a coked out physicist explaining the Theory of Relativity to a grade 8 class."
Follow me on Twitter
Jeffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 03:40 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post
Komisarek brought a physical dimension O'Byrne couldn't, not because he doesn't have the physique, but because he doesn't have the heart/rage. They are different kinds of defensemen. At the same salary I'd take Komisarek on my team any day. At 4.5M$ I wouldn't take either though...
Komi's rage is a liability, when he plays calm and controlled like he did last time he played the Habs, he is effective. when he doesn't he is out of position trying to make hits, taking dumb pemalties, wasting a lot of energy in scrums and face washing, basically running around looking like an *******

OB is already calm and controlled and more confident with the puck, once he smooths out his skating and learns how to join the rush he'll be a very good d-man with similar strengths but much more upside.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Guillermo

Send a message via AIM to Guillermo Send a message via Yahoo to Guillermo
Quote:
Originally Posted by inBobwetrust View Post
Komi's rage is a liability, when he plays calm and controlled like he did last time he played the Habs, he is effective. when he doesn't he is out of position trying to make hits, taking dumb pemalties, wasting a lot of energy in scrums and face washing, basically running around looking like an *******

OB is already calm and controlled and more confident with the puck, once he smooths out his skating and learns how to join the rush he'll be a very good d-man with similar strengths but much more upside.
Like you said, Komisarek was overagressive in the corners, repetingly cross-checking the opposing forward, but more than often, the cycling of the puck would continue. O'Byrne has that ability to pin the player effectively on the boards!!

Guillermo is offline   Reply With Quote