HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"This is a Test" - 12.8.09 - Vancouver at Nashville 7:00 CST

Old
12-09-2009, 03:36 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Great game by the Preds. Erat was fantastic...his first 2 goals were awesome. Rinne with some huge saves. Weber was a beast out there throwing his body all over the place. Sulzer looked good for his first game back. The defense as a whole played well. The PP looked good, too. Hornqvist's goal was some great passing on the PP.

That Canucks team is a bunch of babies. Every hit they wanted a penalty. So the refs missed a couple of high sticks by the Preds, well they also missed the high stick and 2 spears by D.Sedin on one shift.

And Smithson barely even hit Burrows. I thought at first he hit him around the right shoulder but on the replay Smithson barely caught him in one shoulder/arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS

Seriously. Erat with Sullivan does not work!
Sooo glad you were wrong tonight!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
I think we're going to swarm on them and kick their butt!

I think they are a pretty good team, but after a couple weak performances I expect the full 100% Predator effort, with a lot of shots.

I think the defense also has some making up to do so I think we'll see some good taking it to the body style play instead of puck fishing. And hopefully the rest has Rinne ready to go.

Go Predators!
Pretty accurate assesment of what DID happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galiano View Post
I love how people still call them the sisters. They are top 10 in the NHL and people still think they suck. Dont listen to haters...
Oh, get over it, don't act so high and mighty and got your feelings hurt. People call Crosby "Cindy" and say he sucks but I don't see Pens fans running to defend him, "he's #1 in this or that and won a Cup". Everyone hates someone, deal with it.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
Burrows is trash. Mad props to Smithson but if he had earned his 5+10 Burrows wouldn't have skated another shift tonight. Diving ass clown.

I had the pleasure of watching this one from the 3rd row because some guys wife and son bailed on him. The lower bowl must not be as loud and insulting as the upper bowl because the 2 rows of businessmen in front of us thought it was amazing that I called Kesler a ****** bag as he smooshed into the glass in front of us.

Great win by the boys and made my put-put driving in the rain totally worth it.
Lol.. this is the part of the post that stuck out to me..

I thought it was a weak call looking at the replay, and you noticed that Burrows came back out a few shifts later, still playing like a woman. The pink background fit, I reckon.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:09 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Always enjoy seeing us beat the 'nucks, especially as a lot of Canadians I know here in Taiwan are 'nucks fans and hate that I like the Preds.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:50 AM
MemphisMTLfan

What the hell did I miss!? I'm so tired of school, just one more full semester and a few summer courses and I'm done (for the time being).

Looks like it was a fantastic game. Hats off to Erat, glad to see him proving everyone wrong. Still shocked we beat the Nucks.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:18 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisHockeyFan View Post
What the hell did I miss!?
A great game is what.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Great game by the Preds. Erat was fantastic...his first 2 goals were awesome. Rinne with some huge saves. Weber was a beast out there throwing his body all over the place. Sulzer looked good for his first game back. The defense as a whole played well. The PP looked good, too. Hornqvist's goal was some great passing on the PP.

That Canucks team is a bunch of babies. Every hit they wanted a penalty. So the refs missed a couple of high sticks by the Preds, well they also missed the high stick and 2 spears by D.Sedin on one shift.

And Smithson barely even hit Burrows. I thought at first he hit him around the right shoulder but on the replay Smithson barely caught him in one shoulder/arm.

Sooo glad you were wrong tonight!!

Pretty accurate assesment of what DID happen!

Oh, get over it, don't act so high and mighty and got your feelings hurt. People call Crosby "Cindy" and say he sucks but I don't see Pens fans running to defend him, "he's #1 in this or that and won a Cup". Everyone hates someone, deal with it.
Canuck fans are the MOST fragile in the league! There moderator gave me a "warning" (a canucks moderator") for posting the word "This". after quoting somone that was bashing the Canucks.

They're the most passive aggressive jerk offs of all time. I hope we face them in the playoffs - if they MAKE the playoffs

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Soundgarden

Wow, Erat the first star on NHL.com with a hat... oh wait nevermind.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 01:11 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Come on, now. Erat's four points (3G 1A) isn't close to Richards' 2G 1A or Sexton's 2G 0A...

Didn't NHL.com have this as Erat's first hat trick, also? Unless I'm just manufacturing a memory, I'm pretty sure I remember a road HT where Preds fans gathered up hats to be sent to Erat in the locker room. Maybe I'm just confusing him with someone else, or maybe a Nashville player is just being overlooked. I wonder which is more likely...

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 01:54 PM
jstreet

vCash: 1453
it was indeed Erat's second career hat trick, I dont know how that got past them

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 03:18 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
it was indeed Erat's second career hat trick, I dont know how that got past them
More things get past them than get past Chris Mason's five hole -- which really says something.

Last edited by utmfisher19: 12-09-2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: type-o
utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 03:28 PM
HellsBells

Great game Preds!! I love to see Vancouver lose a hockey game.

I'm not sure how Canucks fans continue to defend Burrows/Kesler, they're likely the two worst divers in the NHL. Its sickening.

HellsBells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 03:54 PM
OpenWheel

After the game Trotz said he'd already looked at the film and he thought Smithson's hit was clean, that Burrows turned and ducked his head a little and it made the hit look higher. Then he also says they'll appeal the game misconduct and thinks they will win that part. Here Smithson says about the same thing and some other Trotz comments.

Tennessean

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
After the game Trotz said he'd already looked at the film and he thought Smithson's hit was clean, that Burrows turned and ducked his head a little and it made the hit look higher. Then he also says they'll appeal the game misconduct and thinks they will win that part. Here Smithson says about the same thing and some other Trotz comments.

Tennessean
It was a total dive no question.

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 04:53 PM
GravelTheOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
He was on our 3rd/4th line. Plus, up until tonight, he has been super lazy and extremely bad on defense.
A punishment ?

GravelTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 05:13 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelTheOne View Post
A punishment ?
Yes and no and no.

Yes - because they want him to get back to skating and shooting the puck
No - because they needed a banger on that top line... and Dumont was doing the dirty work and was getting hurt as a result. Erat can handle the "dirty work"
No - Because it was more or less a reward to Erat for how extremely well he has been playing the last 3 weeks.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
How is it that Erat has the only four point game of the night last night, is named the top performer of the night by the NHL Network and yet...doesn't garner consideration for the NHL.com Three Stars of the Night???

That is about as legit as the major penalty on Smithson was...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
How is it that Erat has the only four point game of the night last night, is named the top performer of the night by the NHL Network and yet...doesn't garner consideration for the NHL.com Three Stars of the Night???

That is about as legit as the major penalty on Smithson was...
Not only that he was number one on Sportscenter's top performers of the night this morning, and ESPN could care less about hockey and especally the Nashville Predators.

Am I the only one that think Erat's shorthanded breakaway and drawing the penalty was his best play of the night. It killed off 2 minutes of MAJOR PP time.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote