HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 30 | St. Louis Blues @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | NHLN-US (HD) |

Old
12-09-2009, 08:57 PM
detredWINgs

vCash: 500
Does David Perron wear mascara? I swear to god he does...

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:00 PM
detredWINgs

Read Abdelakder's lips: "Wanna go? Wanna go?" Good man. Ready to put those lessons May gave him to good use.

Old
12-09-2009, 09:05 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Honestly? Cant score one goal? One? Not two or three but one? Wow.

Hey Holland, this isnt something new... try doing something other then picking up waiver crap.

zetterberg40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:05 PM
theYman

****in! ********!!!!!!!!

theYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:06 PM
theYman

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Does David Perron wear mascara? I swear to god he does...
I always thought Eaves did as well. lol

theYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:07 PM
aar000n

once again the Wings score a goal and the refs take it back. Once again the Wings Dominate a game only to not score or score just once. but the goal that was stolen makes me the most mad.

aar000n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Filppula
Jurks

We're uselss. Honestly, I could think of a few worse moves than to recall Mursak and put him on a line with Datsyuk. Yes that's right, 1st line minutes to an NHL rookie.

Seriously though, Datsyuk needs someone with speed and skill. As soon as Flip is back put him with Datsyuk.

Full credit to Howard on ANOTHER great showing.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:08 PM
detredWINgs

Kenny isn't going to do anything. We know that.

Old
12-09-2009, 09:09 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aar000n View Post
once again the Wings score a goal and the refs take it back. Once again the Wings Dominate a game only to not score or score just once. but the goal that was stolen makes me the most mad.
That was not a goal. That was a save that was banged in after the whistle should have gone. We'd all be pissed if that goal counted.

Old
12-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Bob Probert Owns You

Send a message via AIM to Bob Probert Owns You
What a friggin' depressing game to watch. Lame loss.

Bob Probert Owns You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
aar000n

but the whistle didnt go

aar000n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
last_sd

Quote:
Kenny isn't going to do anything. We know that.
Problem #1

last_sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
That was not a goal. That was a save that was banged in after the whistle should have gone. We'd all be pissed if that goal counted.
we would be but, at the same time, have we had a single call like that go our way this year? I know this is homerish but it feels like we've been on the wrong side of these calls all year. stings more after, I thought, we played a pretty decent game.

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:14 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Well, what can I say? I'm so fricking pissed off right now. If we can't be the Blues with 42 shots, I don't know what we can do anymore.

You don't want to do anything Holland? Ok, fine, enjoy the Olympics cause we are not going to the playoffs with this BS. This is how you show you are doing something? Bench those useless <enter worst insult ever here> and work on something to actually score A GOAL. Colorado had no problem scoring four!!

Now Babcock is going to say, "Oh we had a good game, we need to get the puck to the net, bla bla bla, BS BS BS. We have to stick to it and it will go in"

"King" Lidstrom is going to say, "Oh we have the shots but it is not going in for us. We have to keep on getting those shots on the net and it will eventually go in. Just do the same thing over and over and it will work".

You are right Wings, you should do the same thing, you shouldn't try something else, cause "eventually" it will go in! **** YOU!

Guess what Wings? EVENTUALLY YOU WILL BE OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS YOU WEAK ********!! ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!!

I'm out!

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:15 PM
DaFranzenator

Send a message via ICQ to DaFranzenator
Another typical Red Wing loss, outshoot the other team by double digits but yet still lose the game.... makes me sick. It also funny to think we had 40+ shots and I had to of witnessed atleast 15, 3 foot wide misses by various players, hit the g.d. net your professional's!

And Pavel when are you gonna ever step up? I dont want to hear the "oh he doesn't have a skilled winger" excuse, the guy supposed to be one of the top 5 players on the planet and I'm starting to wonder where those top 5 skills are, shoot the puck every once in a while, genius. Well Friday should be exciting, get to play the team I hate even more the Pens, looking forward too it. Hey maybe we ca even score a goal or two, what a novel idea!

DaFranzenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by last_sd View Post
Problem #1
What exactly would you want Holland to do? we don't have the cap space, this season, to take a salary dump on. At the same time, dealing young kids with decent potential (which we'd have to do) for a quick fix is only going to bite us in the rear next year rather than right now. And I can just imagine the reactions if Kenny started dumping a few vets and promoting kids up from GR...

I'm sure that if a trade came along that not only improved the team but fit into the medium and long range plans, Holland would take it. But all of the "do something" posts are assuming there's moves to be made that might not actually be there.

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:17 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
We're uselss. Honestly, I could think of a few worse moves than to recall Mursak and put him on a line with Datsyuk. Yes that's right, 1st line minutes to an NHL rookie.

Seriously though, Datsyuk needs someone with speed and skill. As soon as Flip is back put him with Datsyuk.

Full credit to Howard on ANOTHER great showing.
And further proof that even if our goaltender has a decent game, we will still lose, cause our offense can't score. Is this some kind of record? Being shutout, what, four times already? I don't care what the standings say, for me the Red Wings are the weakest at the moment (injuries or not) they don't seem to give a **** anymore.

Old
12-09-2009, 09:19 PM
DaFranzenator

Quote:
Why would "we" be pissed if that goal counted, screw the integrity of the game right now, we needed that. Plus it's not like the officals were thinking too much about integrity when they screwed us on the May goal, it's about time we get some calls going are way, not vice versa.

Old
12-09-2009, 09:21 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
What exactly would you want Holland to do? we don't have the cap space, this season, to take a salary dump on. At the same time, dealing young kids with decent potential (which we'd have to do) for a quick fix is only going to bite us in the rear next year rather than right now. And I can just imagine the reactions if Kenny started dumping a few vets and promoting kids up from GR...

I'm sure that if a trade came along that not only improved the team but fit into the medium and long range plans, Holland would take it. But all of the "do something" posts are assuming there's moves to be made that might not actually be there.
A slap on the face of the "vets" who aren't stepping up? I'll take it. If those "kids" will actually show they can play good hockey and play the puck around like professionals, then I don't care what the name is on the back of that jersey...drop his ***.

Old
12-09-2009, 09:25 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFranzenator View Post
Another typical Red Wing loss, outshoot the other team by double digits but yet still lose the game.... makes me sick. It also funny to think we had 40+ shots and I had to of witnessed atleast 15, 3 foot wide misses by various players, hit the g.d. net your professional's!

And Pavel when are you gonna ever step up? I dont want to hear the "oh he doesn't have a skilled winger" excuse, the guy supposed to be one of the top 5 players on the planet and I'm starting to wonder where those top 5 skills are, shoot the puck every once in a while, genius. Well Friday should be exciting, get to play the team I hate even more the Pens, looking forward too it. Hey maybe we ca even score a goal or two, what a novel idea!
I am not going to watch the Wings get massacred by a team that can actually score. St. Louis' 1st line is nothing compared to Anaheim's top line. I just can't take it anymore...I love the Red Wings franchise to bits and nothing compares to what they have achieved, but I cannot see them play like this. I need a break from this for a while. Maybe come back when they can actually put the puck in the net and make it count, play some decent hockey and show some kind of dedication to the Red Wings cause.

Old
12-09-2009, 09:26 PM
DaFranzenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post

Agreed, Holland has already stated that there no point in trading away draft picks or young players for someone that they'll have to turn around a dump, when everyone's back healthy and were over the cap. Were just gonna have to ride it out and hope for the best, after this season when we have lots of cap room is when we'll make our moves.

Old
12-09-2009, 09:28 PM
fimoknete

but there is a good thing in it. after first periode i bet for the conklin shotout at sporting bets. brought me 10 euros.

looks like beting against detroit will bring some money to me in the future.

fimoknete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:29 PM
petesrw

Didn't see the game, but did I really need to? Another game where we grossly out shoot the opponent with nothing going in. Can we point the finger at Babcock? He always says to shoot more, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Maybe the guys are too afraid to try a risky play which may lead to a turnover. I always see guys taking the puck to the net only to dish it back to a defensemen to set up at the point. Seriously? You're in the area where scoring chances are created, so create!

Also, try Leino out on the 4th line. Playing with Draper and Maltby was where he got his points last year. Maybe the opposing lines he saw this year next to Z were just too much.

petesrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:35 PM
fimoknete

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFranzenator View Post
Agreed, Holland has already stated that there no point in trading away draft picks or young players for someone that they'll have to turn around a dump, when everyone's back healthy and were over the cap. Were just gonna have to ride it out and hope for the best, after this season when we have lots of cap room is when we'll make our moves.

don't agree. loosing merchandise, tv and ticket money will hurt the cap space more in the future then any additional player. this is management skill.

we got 18100 in attendance.
what do you do think will happend to this number if detroit will end the season at spot 13 in the west? 15000 in average? this is a loss of a quarter. not likely but possible. merchandise will go down too. what do you think will happen if a unemployment leading city of detroit have to deal with a cap space of 49 million? i can't see what new player will hurt us like this.

fimoknete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:38 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
A slap on the face of the "vets" who aren't stepping up? I'll take it. If those "kids" will actually show they can play good hockey and play the puck around like professionals, then I don't care what the name is on the back of that jersey...drop his ***.

Then hop on a plane and get on down to the Joe, if it's that damned easy. *Practice is tomorrow at 11:00am.

You act like these guys aren't trying. *They "don't care"? *Are you kidding me? *You think they care LESS than YOU do? *You, who sit there and judge their level of effort and play from the comfort of your couch? *LOL. *YOU are embarrassed by your Pens-fan-flatmate? *THEY'RE the ones getting their a$$es handed to them out there, dropping like flies, and being boo'ed on their Home ice.

They've been a POWERHOUSE for the better part of TWO DECADES now. *They're aging. *They're injured (mod edit), and they've got HALF a roster full of rooks. *AND they've played more hockey in the past three years than any other Team in the NHL.

You don't sound like a fan. *You sound someone who believes he's ENTITLED to an elite Team, just because he's been GIFTED with one for a very long time.

Sounds like you have little to no idea how fortunate you've been to watch these guys DOMINATE the League for more than a DECADE. *You think they "owe" you something?

Pfffft. *They're GIVING you what they've got left in the tank. *If that's not good enough, I don't know what to say. *You want more?

They gave at the office. *FOUR TIMES in the past 13 years. *More than any other Team in the League. *If ANY Team deserves an "off" year, THEY DO.

And when your Pens-fan-flatmate "makes fun" of you, you might want to remind him that DETROITERS can take a hit.

Last edited by Winger98: 12-09-2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: obscenity filter exists for a reason and other crap
OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote