HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Game 30 | St. Louis Blues @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | NHLN-US (HD) |

Old
12-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Don't say Jimmy D didn't warn you.

Come on, folks. Injuries and a ton of roster turnover. They're not superhuman. This edition is going to be average, at best. Perhaps once Franzen, Kronwall and Flip are back, the team may have a few more options, but...... Jimmy D warned you.

Edit: Oh yeah, two posts by Nick. That could have been the ENTIRE difference, btw.

Old
12-09-2009, 10:10 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
World of Warcraft players have an easier time scoring than this team does.

That's all I have to say about this game.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Yemack

vCash: 500
It will be hard to make playoff this year EVEN if we get those bodies back.

Hell, the way things been going, what's to say another key injuries won't happen?

Yemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:17 PM
ProPAIN
Waar is da feestje?!

What is history going to bring to this season? All those Stanley Cups do not count this season. I have the right to expect my team to play decent hockey and try more than one move to score (shooting right at the goalie from the boards).

So what if they are aging? Are they not allowed to make some changes to adapt to any moves or an aging squad?

What does today's game have to do with playing in more games in the NHL the past few years?

And yes, it pisses me off when a Pens fan is watching the game and is actually laughing his *** off about our PP. I have seen the Pens PP and it is horrible. Having a 5 on 3 opportunity and taking so much time to shoot a one time?

You have no right to say that I am not a fan or I should like a team for different reasons. I have my reasons and I have the right to like a team for those reasons. I am loyal to them, there is no doubt. But you cannot say that they are playing attractive decent hockey.

Why should I come down to the Joe? I am not a professional hockey player. But there are a few on the sidelines who will probably provide much more than the current players are. They deserve an "off" year? HA! Truly the way a fan should think. Oh, poor Wings, you have worked sooo hard these past few years, here have the year off so you can recuperate. Please, I don't need to read this. I want any team I support to give 100% each game. That is how I am. You don't like my comments? Tough, just don't read them.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Yemack

so this is what a loser team's messageboard looks like. A constant pissing match.

One thought someone's outburst was too much that he had to write one his own about him.

I used to participate in those but I think I'm getting too old for those. My life is just too precious to waste on some internet dudes.

Yemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Kiddington
heehats

I have to ask; why did the Blues, as the visiting team, get the special treatment in ultimately making the decision when it came to the jersey debacle? It's not really a big deal to me, but I'm just wondering why they got to decide who switches; after all, they were the ones who initially made the mistake anyways (come on; it's common knowledge that the road team wears their darks unless both teams are otherwise notified before the game).

As for the game itself... umm...

Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvobodaMT View Post
I have to ask; why did the Blues, as the visiting team, get the special treatment in ultimately making the decision when it came to the jersey debacle? It's not really a big deal to me, but I'm just wondering why they got to decide who switches; after all, they were the ones who initially made the mistake anyways (come on; it's common knowledge that the road team wears their darks unless both teams are otherwise notified before the game).

My guess: the blues literally didn't have the other jerseys with them. Teams only pack what they expect to use. If the blues thought they were dressing in colors tonight, then that's all they had. I didn't mind. I prefer the home team wearing white, anyway.

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:36 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFranzenator View Post
Why would "we" be pissed if that goal counted, screw the integrity of the game right now, we needed that. Plus it's not like the officals were thinking too much about integrity when they screwed us on the May goal, it's about time we get some calls going are way, not vice versa.
If the goal counted against us, we - the fans - would be pissed.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:46 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
If the goal counted against us, we - the fans - would be pissed.

^^^ Truth. *And we all know it. *It was the right call.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:18 PM
sarcastro

Anybody keeping a tally of goals waved off by idiot refs and their Intent to Blow (mission accomplished, fellas, don't worry, you blow even without trying) for and against teams? That would be a fun stat...

I've decided I'm gonna keep this stat from now on. I'm going back through game recaps to the start of the season. If I have missed any, please feel free to point them out. Even if they favored the Wings. I want an accurate account here.

Against Wings:
1) 10/10/09 - Net comes off in Caps' zone, no whistle, Caps score immediately after. Wings win anyway 3-2.

2) 10/22/09 - Ozzie has the puck under his pad (sound familiar?) and gets plowed into the net by the Yotes, taking the puck with him. Goal stands, Yotes win in OT 3-2. This one cost the Wings a point, without question.

3) 11/19/09 - Dennis LaRue is the worst ref in the league. Enough has been said about this one. Worst call ever, no question. Game tying goal waved off for no reason. Wings lose 3-1.

4) 11/27/09 (Part 1) - Goal waved off with Cleary outside the crease and not touching the goalie. Good work.

5) 11/27/09 (Part 2) - Goal waved off for Cleary again on Brad Meier's phantom intent to blow. Would have been the tying goal if the refs hadn't screwed them twice. Wings lose 3-0. You can't convince me that they wouldn't have gotten at least one point from this one if they hadn't been screwed on these two goals.

6) 12/9/09 - Goal waved off for Zetterberg on Van Massenhoven's intent to blow (possibly justified). Slow whistle would have gotten the Wings at least a point. This one gets a gold star because there were at least six minutes of uncalled high sticking penalties that the Blues got away with. Nice.

For Wings:
1) 11/5/09 - Zetterberg pokes the puck in from Nabokov's pad. No whistle. Wings win 2-1 in shootout. I couldn't find a good replay on this one, the NHL highlights only show the wide angle which is not very helpful. The Shark announcers weren't happy though.

To be continued...

Last edited by sarcastro: 12-10-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old
12-09-2009, 11:20 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
For all the times they've made the wrong call against the Wings, I frankly don't give a **** whether it's the right call or not.

They owe us about 20 bad goals called good in the Wings' favor, then maybe we can talk about being ok that they made the right call in a given case.

Old
12-10-2009, 01:34 AM
journeyman79

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
For all the times they've made the wrong call against the Wings, I frankly don't give a **** whether it's the right call or not.

They owe us about 20 bad goals called good in the Wings' favor, then maybe we can talk about being ok that they made the right call in a given case.
yeah you're right, with the amount of success the wings have enjoyed over the past dozen years they're owed a bad goal against the Blues

journeyman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:08 AM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

Sucks that we lost, happy that Howard had a good game

Babcock said that Howard (most likely) will start against the Ducks

TOPGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:14 AM
Nordic*

Detroit is now a mediocer team that tries to play a puck-possession game even though it isn't talented enough.

Doesn't matter if we get Flip, Franz and Kroner back - this team isn't good enough anyway.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 05:42 AM
GuloGulo

Ok. Enough with this clownery. Mursak or Tatar in the lineup vs the Ducks, por favor. I don't care if they're "ready". We need talent.. any talent.

GuloGulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 06:03 AM
Franzenstein

Send a message via AIM to Franzenstein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Oh yeah, two posts by Nick. That could have been the ENTIRE difference, btw.
Fugu, you mean to tell me the world is not at an end? The sky is not falling? I already stocked up on canned food and hit the bomb shelter....Damn it.

Great point, people should read this a second time. Pessimism is for Leafs fans.

Franzenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 08:39 AM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman79 View Post
yeah you're right, with the amount of success the wings have enjoyed over the past dozen years they're owed a bad goal against the Blues
Yeah you're right, being the best team in the league means it's ok for the refs to blow calls against you every night.

Old
12-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Johnny Law

Confounded is the perfect word for this team, they got no luck for sure but god damn no body can consistently hit the net and a lot of shots are from piss poor angles directly into the goalies chest.

Couldn't get a single goal against the Blues.........

Johnny Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:19 AM
stlbluesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvobodaMT View Post

The way it was explained to us is that the Wings sent an email to the Blues a while back saying that they wanted to wear the White jerseys for this game because they changed the jersey color for a different game (didnt make sense to me either). But then they forgot. So coming out in the Red ones was just a "ooops, our bad" thing. So they changed after the warmup.

stlbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 11:47 AM
CC Chiefs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post

22 Oct vs. Phoenix says hi. The exact same play and the goal counted.

CC Chiefs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzenstein View Post
Fugu, you mean to tell me the world is not at an end? The sky is not falling? I already stocked up on canned food and hit the bomb shelter....Damn it.

Great point, people should read this a second time. Pessimism is for Leafs fans.

If they have one bad year, so what? We knew this year was going to be tough, cap declining at a time when they had key guys up for renewal (Sammy, Hudler, Hossa, Franzen, Z.....). I think the real test is this coming summer and going forward. Hopefully the cap doesn't decline further, but they have some decent prospects longterm too. Between the injuries and talent lost, it's okay to say this year may end up a wash. I tend to trust the overall draft/development/UFA signing record of mgt., so yes, all is not lost. This year might be, but meh. We're in this for life.

Old
12-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Franzenstein

Send a message via AIM to Franzenstein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
If they have one bad year, so what? We knew this year was going to be tough, cap declining at a time when they had key guys up for renewal (Sammy, Hudler, Hossa, Franzen, Z.....). I think the real test is this coming summer and going forward. Hopefully the cap doesn't decline further, but they have some decent prospects longterm too. Between the injuries and talent lost, it's okay to say this year may end up a wash. I tend to trust the overall draft/development/UFA signing record of mgt., so yes, all is not lost. This year might be, but meh. We're in this for life.
Damn straight.

Franzenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 04:39 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Detroit is now a mediocer team that tries to play a puck-possession game even though it isn't talented enough.

Doesn't matter if we get Flip, Franz and Kroner back - this team isn't good enough anyway.
Well you cant just change the style of play for one year then go back to it a year or two down the road. I would not want them to start playing like NJ or MIN of last season.

Franzen is a 30-40 goal scorer, adding him in and getting the rust off by playoffs will be essential to any success. Adding Kronwall will help our PP out big time. It will take minutes away from Lidstrom and Rafalski, which could be why we are struggling and they are struggling (trying to do too much). Not that Williams is the best option but he is also better on the point at this point then Meech, without a doubt. Adding in Fil would give us more forward depth for sure.

We just need to remain calm during these hard times and realize that by Jan 1, our injury troubles might slowly be over. *Knock on wood*

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 04:49 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
On a side note, Howard starts friday.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 03:53 PM
DarkReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
we would be but, at the same time, have we had a single call like that go our way this year? I know this is homerish but it feels like we've been on the wrong side of these calls all year. stings more after, I thought, we played a pretty decent game.
San Jose game this year. Zetterberg's goal was clearly frozen under Nabokov's pad...ref never blew the whistle and the goal counted.

DarkReign is offline   Reply With Quote