HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Edler - Week to Week

Old
12-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
Alex Edler - Week to Week

Link: http://communities.canada.com/thepro...two-weeks.aspx

Hardly a highlight reel hit from Weber, but this hurts big-time either way. Hopefully Schneider can amp up his game once he's in the lineup on a more consistent basis.

~Canucklehead~

Mr. Canucklehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:14 PM
PhillyFrisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Link: http://communities.canada.com/thepro...two-weeks.aspx

Hardly a highlight reel hit from Weber, but this hurts big-time either way. Hopefully Schneider can amp up his game once he's in the lineup on a more consistent basis.

~Canucklehead~
Ouch... luckily San Jose shat the bed and gave vancouver Erhoff. Since Bieksa's been getting flamed around here lately, Jeff Finger interest anyone? Overpaid by 1.5 million but a pretty solid dman nonetheless. U guys have no cap room though, salary would have to go back to the leafs but i'm sure BB would love Bieksa rage back.

PhillyFrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFrisco View Post
Ouch... luckily San Jose shat the bed and gave vancouver Erhoff. Since Bieksa's been getting flamed around here lately, Jeff Finger interest anyone? Overpaid by 1.5 million but a pretty solid dman nonetheless. U guys have no cap room though, salary would have to go back to the leafs but i'm sure BB would love Bieksa rage back.
Yeah, no thanks.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Szechwan
Plug Life.

Haha. Why would you even bother suggesting that?

Anyways. It's too bad, Edler seemed to be picking it up.

Szechwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
No interest in Finger, certainly not for Bieksa IMO. Bieksa's struggling a bit at the moment, but when he's on his game he's an effective player. Schneider will draw in, Rome will be the 7th man.

~Canucklehead~

Mr. Canucklehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:18 PM
David Booth Fan

Send a message via MSN to David Booth Fan
Quote:
lol mmmmm nop

David Booth Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:21 PM
PhillyFrisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szechwan View Post
Haha. Why would you even bother suggesting that?

Anyways. It's too bad, Edler seemed to be picking it up.
I sorta have a man crush on Bieksa (pre-superman that hoe punch to richards' face) and it seemed like the majority of fans on this board have been literally ******** on Bieksa after all the fabulous play he's exhibited over the last few years. Alas, some fans are just fickle ****s. Leafs fans have em too obviously, probably more since t.o. has a larger fan base. But yeah, Jeff Finger is mos def overpaid but he's also an NHL dman who can log minutes. If any team needed a reliable dman and was willing to pick up 1.5M in bad salary then finger would be a pretty good solution. Plus... each time he hits an opponent you get to say that xxxxx got fingerbanged! That's ****ing worth 500k right there.

Old
12-09-2009, 11:26 PM
David Booth Fan

Send a message via MSN to David Booth Fan
Quote:
I sorta have a man crush on Bieksa (pre-superman that hoe punch to richards' face) and it seemed like the majority of fans on this board have been literally ******** on Bieksa after all the fabulous play he's exhibited over the last few years. Alas, some fans are just fickle ****s. Leafs fans have em too obviously, probably more since t.o. has a larger fan base. But yeah, Jeff Finger is mos def overpaid but he's also an NHL dman who can log minutes. If any team needed a reliable dman and was willing to pick up 1.5M in bad salary then finger would be a pretty good solution. Plus... each time he hits an opponent you get to say that xxxxx got fingerbanged! That's ****ing worth 500k right there.
Are you trying to tell us that Finger + 1.5mil cap hit > Bieksa?

Schenn for Bieksa

David Booth Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

2 weeks isn't too bad. I was expecting worse.

Mathieu Schneider should be able to step in and replace most of Edler's minutes quite well, particularly on the PP. Schneider has had enough time to get his legs back and he needs to come in and perform like he did last season in Montreal.

As long as another dman doesn't go down in the next week the Canucks should be fine. Unfortunately injuries to the defense seem to come in bunches. It will be a minor miracle if Aaron Rome doesn't play a game during the Canucks homestand.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Hammer79

Quote:
Two more years @ $3.5 mill per year for Finger? No thanks... At least Bieksa is an UFA after next season.

How long is Rome going to be on his 'conditioning assignment' before we have to clear him through waivers?

Hammer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Cocomero*

This cant be right?

Really?! Only 1 injury? Knowing the past few seasons, this will be the first of another series of injuries that will cripple our blue line. Salo will tear his groin against Atlanta, Mitchell will suffer another back injury, SOB will suffer a case of withdrawal and will find himself heading to Senegal to do some philanthropic work.....etc.

Cocomero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:40 PM
PhillyFrisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataklysm666 View Post
Are you trying to tell us that Finger + 1.5mil cap hit > Bieksa?

Schenn for Bieksa
Lol you wish. Schenn's had a very slow start to the season thus far but is picking it up and I don't think anyone in Toronto would trade him atm... even the backstabbers who turned on him early on. Obviously Bieksa playing poorly is still > Finger so Leafs would add to the mix but yeah... maybe something like

NM i just figured Bieksa is getting paid 3.75 and not 3M & also that Finger's getting 3.5 not 4M.

So...

Finger (3.5M)
Pwni-Boi (2M approx)
Exelby (1.4M)
-----------------------
Total 6.9M added

for....

Demitra (4M)
Bieksa (3.75M)
----------------------
Total 7.75M lost

Gives you guys an extra 875K to pick up a decent plug at the deadline if nucks are contending by then. Also, I've always felt that pwni-boi would be a nice fit on the nucks, he's a ufa after this season but I would personally go up to 3.2M to re-sign him. Perenial 20+ goal scorer who can grind in corners + defensively responsible + good skater. Bieksa's contract expires after next season.

Don't forget you get to say "FINGERBANGED!" at least once-twice a game.

Old
12-09-2009, 11:41 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
How long is Rome going to be on his 'conditioning assignment' before we have to clear him through waivers?
Maximum 14 days for Rome on the conditioning assignment. He was assigned on 30 November.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 11:44 PM
PhillyFrisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocomero View Post
This cant be right?

Really?! Only 1 injury? Knowing the past few seasons, this will be the first of another series of injuries that will cripple our blue line. Salo will tear his groin against Atlanta, Mitchell will suffer another back injury, SOB will suffer a case of withdrawal and will find himself heading to Senegal to do some philanthropic work.....etc.
Burrows totally got concussed last game but he's a warrior. Not good for his long term health and longevity though. Unless it's playoffs, concussions should be followed by rest.

Old
12-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

vCash: 796
AV won't do it but I would still bench Bieksa. If Bieksa is out there 25-28 minutes for the next 8 home games (about the time of Edler's rehab), Canucks are going 4-4. MMW

Outside99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 12:12 AM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Massive winning streak in the next two weeks. The Canucks will 5-0-1 in their next six starts. Edler will re-aggravate the arm and be out another week and the Canucks go 3-0. Edler comes back and the Canucks go 8-19-4 with Edlers ice time slowly dwindling. He is then traded to Boston for Toronto's first rounder this year and next. Edler becomes a superstar, Toronto goes on a tear to close out the season and the pick is 18th overall and busts. The 2011 pick is traded away at next years deadline for Kaberle who breaks his ankle in his first game as a Canuck.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 12:16 AM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Quote:
Lol you wish. Schenn's had a very slow start to the season thus far but is picking it up and I don't think anyone in Toronto would trade him atm... even the backstabbers who turned on him early on. Obviously Bieksa playing poorly is still > Finger so Leafs would add to the mix but yeah... maybe something like

NM i just figured Bieksa is getting paid 3.75 and not 3M & also that Finger's getting 3.5 not 4M.

So...

Finger (3.5M)
Pwni-Boi (2M approx)
Exelby (1.4M)
-----------------------
Total 6.9M added

for....

Demitra (4M)
Bieksa (3.75M)
----------------------
Total 7.75M lost

Gives you guys an extra 875K to pick up a decent plug at the deadline if nucks are contending by then. Also, I've always felt that pwni-boi would be a nice fit on the nucks, he's a ufa after this season but I would personally go up to 3.2M to re-sign him. Perenial 20+ goal scorer who can grind in corners + defensively responsible + good skater. Bieksa's contract expires after next season.

Please stop making awful suggestions here.

12-10-2009, 12:52 AM
Canucksrock

Quote:

So...

Finger (3.5M)
Pwni-Boi (2M approx)
Exelby (1.4M)
-----------------------
Total 6.9M added

for....

Demitra (4M)
Bieksa (3.75M)
----------------------
Total 7.75M lost

Why would we do any of this, we don't need more Dmen especially overpaid ones. A salary dump is usually followed by the team getting something good in return Finger is a salary dump, yet the nucks should give the better players?

Canucksrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 01:25 AM
PhillyFrisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
Please stop making awful suggestions here.
I'm not the one who's part of a large consensus that's been bashing the man who logged 30+ quality minutes a game against a very tough dallas team a couple post-seasons ago. Second off, Finger (albeit overpaid) is not a simple salary dump a la Jason Blake. Fingerbanger is a very serviceable dman who needs a new home. Perhaps some of the posters here screaming for bieksa's head should be checked instead. After all, it HAS been going on all season long and I don't particularly see many posters defending his worth.

Old
12-10-2009, 01:28 AM
PhillyFrisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucksrock View Post
Why would we do any of this, we don't need more Dmen especially overpaid ones. A salary dump is usually followed by the team getting something good in return Finger is a salary dump, yet the nucks should give the better players?
I COULD be wrong here but I wholeheartedly believe that a healthy poni-boy > an injured demitra. Not to mention that ponikarovsky is faster, stronger, and more defensively aware.

Old
12-10-2009, 01:29 AM
hackey
You're Not Bored...

A 2 week injury is perfect for him.

Now he can sit in press row and watch the game from above, and watch firsthand how plays develop, as
well as watch where the defenceman should be, and how they make the right plays. Too bad a team like
Detroit won't be here so he could watch how Lidstrom plays certain situations. This is bound to make him
a better player.

And maybe Schneider could take a game or two off as well, so he could sit with Edler and point out how to
react to different plays on the ice... the pp and pk in particular.

hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 01:34 AM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackey View Post
A 2 week injury is perfect for him.

Now he can sit in press row and watch the game from above, and watch firsthand how plays develop, as
well as watch where the defenceman should be, and how they make the right plays. Too bad a team like
Detroit won't be here so he could watch how Lidstrom plays certain situations. This is bound to make him
a better player.
Yeah, maybe when he gets back he'll be able to produce like a top ten offensive defenseman.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 01:40 AM
TLinden16
Horse

vCash: 1200
Just to confirm, Brad Lukowich would need to be placed on re-entry waivers to be called back up wouldn't he?

I'm unsure of how he is playing for the Texas Stars in the AHL last season, but I think he still could contribute a hell of a lot better then Aaron Rome. Just would be risky to see him get picked off and us be stuck with a 600-700K cap hit. Maybe at playoff time he'll come up.

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:19 AM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:
I COULD be wrong here but I wholeheartedly believe that a healthy poni-boy > an injured demitra. Not to mention that ponikarovsky is faster, stronger, and more defensively aware.
Regardless, you're hi-jacking the thread. We do not want to discuss Finger for Bieksa trades here. (Or at all)

As for Edler's injury, this isn't as bad as I thought. I assumed it was 4 - 6 weeks out.

Does anyone know when/how Lukowich could enter the line up? Whether it be now or later, I think the Canucks can use a stay at home D if AV is going to act treat our guys like they are.

Christina Woloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:20 AM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:
I'm not the one who's part of a large consensus that's been bashing the man who logged 30+ quality minutes a game against a very tough dallas team a couple post-seasons ago. Second off, Finger (albeit overpaid) is not a simple salary dump a la Jason Blake. Fingerbanger is a very serviceable dman who needs a new home. Perhaps some of the posters here screaming for bieksa's head should be checked instead. After all, it HAS been going on all season long and I don't particularly see many posters defending his worth.

Christina Woloski is offline   Reply With Quote