HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Kings @ Sharks, 10:30pm 12/09. GDT n00b edition.

Old
12-10-2009, 01:58 AM
Winky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redknuckles View Post
Grass valleys kinda nice. Actually I'm a san jo native. Grass Valley is GV right?
Sorry, late late late response.

Yeah, GV is Grass Valley.

How funny though, I grew up in Santa Clara, and moved up to the foothills in '98. Small world ... sorta.

Winky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 01:58 AM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
Patty's no goal was an OK call by the ref. The puck was under the goalie and he decided he was going to blow the play down. There is now way to review his intent on slow-mo.
Agreed. Better than 50% of the refs would blow that one dead. Kozari was also in position to make that call so he can't be docked if our group was reviewing the game. From his angle, the puck was beneath the goalies leg pad, out of sight.

Furlatt was calling to form which is tight. Kozari was calling to form by not swallowing the whistle in the third and giving a slight advantage to the home team in calls.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:10 AM
nbbyfan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winky View Post
Sorry, late late late response.

Yeah, GV is Grass Valley.

How funny though, I grew up in Santa Clara, and moved up to the foothills in '98. Small world ... sorta.
YOU went to Grass Valley? I live like half an hr away from there. How do you like the snow? =p

nbbyfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:17 AM
vilpertti

So, uhh, let me get this straight... Nabby sucks because he lets in massively screened shots and perfectly executed redirects?

Please, go on...

vilpertti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:20 AM
nbbyfan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilpertti View Post
So, uhh, let me get this straight... Nabby sucks because he lets in massively screened shots and perfectly executed redirects?

Please, go on...
mhmm thats about it. THats what i got from the facebook thing. THey want him traded and out of San Jose, if they want that, they probably will get that wish. They think greiss will lead us to the promise land.

nbbyfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:23 AM
Berto2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
lol, you're gonna blame a 360 wrister from 15 feet out through Nabby's five hole on Huskins? I'm not a fan of the guy either but that's just reaching.
I'd put most of the blame on Huskins for that goal. He continuously skated backwards AWAY from the Kings player. Never tried a poke check, never tried to play the body, never did anything to prevent him from getting to the middle of the ice or to the net.

Berto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:33 AM
vilpertti

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbbyfan20 View Post
mhmm thats about it. THats what i got from the facebook thing. THey want him traded and out of San Jose, if they want that, they probably will get that wish.
True, I usually influence DW's hockey decisions with some facebook pokes and group invitations.

Old
12-10-2009, 02:43 AM
vilpertti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto2k View Post
I'd put most of the blame on Huskins for that goal. He continuously skated backwards AWAY from the Kings player. Never tried a poke check, never tried to play the body, never did anything to prevent him from getting to the middle of the ice or to the net.
Same. That was just lazy play from Huskins, he can't let that shot get off or on the net. Nabby was just in the middle of moving from left to right and positioning himself. The shot got off at the worst possible moment, and should've been blocked to begin with.

Old
12-10-2009, 03:00 AM
Thresher

Quote:
Same. That was just lazy play from Huskins, he can't let that shot get off or on the net. Nabby was just in the middle of moving from left to right and positioning himself. The shot got off at the worst possible moment, and should've been blocked to begin with.
Overall, it wasn't just Huskins. I felt the majority of the guys in teal should have bought tickets to tonight's game as they did a lot of watching.

They were worse than Heidi Androl - making bad decisions and moving slow as Hell.

Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:11 AM
backhander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thresher View Post
Overall, it wasn't just Huskins. I felt the majority of the guys in teal should have bought tickets to tonight's game as they did a lot of watching.

They were worse than Heidi Androl - making bad decisions and moving slow as Hell.
great ending line. the sharks played well and kings were right there to capitalize in the end. i couldn't believe the goal that brown made after his long goal drought. three kings ending their goalless streak. the sharks put up a good game with lots of penalties. it's been a late night coming back from the tank. tired....but what's ur opinion on thorton's game the past 10 games or so and heatley is either on or off. marleau's been one of my favorites on the sharks for a long time, but thorton just doesn't seem to bring it.

the sharks games i've been to are the last chicago, calgary and tonights game...and i just think about the lack of intensity thorton brings. well just an observation.

you guys have a great team...ur for sure going to the playoffs. it's just whats goin' to happen

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:15 AM
Hopper15

I can't even remember the last time we've won in the 4 on 4 OT. Along with the SO we just suck in OT.

Hopper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:16 AM
YouJustGotPavelskied

I think we just suck 4 on 4 in general not just OT

YouJustGotPavelskied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:17 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto2k View Post
Hell, he even passed his own stick behind his own back when Brown cut to the middle...not rubbing salt in the wound, but it was a wtf moment even for me.

Great game. Lots of respect for Sharks fans. I don't know what would be better for you guys; actually winning the division outright or really having to scrap for it, but I will root for you so long as it's not at the expense of the Kings. I don't know where y'all got the idea Kings fans don't like you. One of your own posters put it best--we've been irrelevant for so long, there's no hate. Hopefully we can build on that this year

In any case, Dan Boyle is still criminally underrated, Marleau makes me pull my hair out as usual, and both goalies were strange...made some great saves, then dropped a clunker.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:24 AM
Danish Pastry
this is dream!

holy heck... man are the kings fans happy on their board for this win... but **** sharks didnt deserve **** in this game... one point was generous...

better we fail now than later but man i want doug back... he is the only player the other team fears in our zone...

Danish Pastry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 04:16 AM
vilpertti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thresher View Post

They've been letting the opponents carry the play and dominate the perimeter quite alot lately, I wonder if that's some scheme McLennan wants to experiment with or expose the team to now that they're pretty much a lock to make the post season.

Did anyone notice Murray didn't play at all in the third after head butting Dany's... groin area. He ended up with just over ten minutes of ice time.

Old
12-10-2009, 04:31 AM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Pastry View Post
holy heck... man are the kings fans happy on their board for this win... but **** sharks didnt deserve **** in this game... one point was generous...

better we fail now than later but man i want doug back... he is the only player the other team fears in our zone...
Were happy cause wins at the shark tank are hard to come by, we have been playing the lastw few weeks without a top line... and we started easy E in net. Kings fans didnt think we had a chance.

TwzKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 07:06 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Another Kings fan here.

Any fan base that gives Luc the send off you folks did in his last game is ok with us. What is there to hate about your team other than Rob Blake?

My telepathic message to Doug Wilson: "Patrick Marleau is the root of all your problems." "You want to let Marleau walk at the end of the season."

To Marleau: "Dean still loves you."

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 08:44 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Hell, he even passed his own stick behind his own back when Brown cut to the middle...not rubbing salt in the wound, but it was a wtf moment even for me.
And this is what we get for picking up a former Ducks player. Exactly he just sucks out there.

Speaking of Kings love hate fans between Sharks, I look at it like this, at least you aren't Dallas or Anaheim.

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 08:49 AM
hockeyball

Nabby had a bad game, absolutely. A BAD GAME. Relax, even Brodeur has bad games, it's just statistically impossible not to.

However, the real problems were a lack of work ethic by our best players. Heatley has been really bad. He's trying to carry the puck, and he's terrible at that. I don't think he's capable of keeping the puck on his stick for more than 5 seconds. Thornton was lazy and slow all game.

Defense is a joke, I can't think of a single game this year where they've been what I would call 'solid'. They've won some games, but even those games feel like controlled (barely) chaos.

DW needs to address the defense long before the deadline if he can. I think a coaching (assistant) change is in order, and some staffing changes back there as well.

Joe is a generational talent, he's amazing, but he's so damn lazy most games. I almost wish we'd trade him for Lecavalier. I know that's stupid, but just in the back of my mind I think I'm getting tired of his crap.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Tomahawk214
i'm not even mad

Nabby, Huskins, and Vlasic were easily the worst out there tonight. What the hell was Huskins doing on that OT goal? One of the poorest attempts at defense I've seen in a long time.

Tomahawk214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 09:12 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk214 View Post
Nabby, Huskins, and Vlasic were easily the worst out there tonight. What the hell was Huskins doing on that OT goal? One of the poorest attempts at defense I've seen in a long time.
Dude everytime I see your Avatar I cant help but laugh!
Boogedy BooHoo!

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 09:30 AM
vilpertti

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
However, the real problems were a lack of work ethic by our best players. Heatley has been really bad. He's trying to carry the puck, and he's terrible at that. I don't think he's capable of keeping the puck on his stick for more than 5 seconds. Thornton was lazy and slow all game.
They played massive shifts in Kings' zone at times and came within inches of scoring multiple times on top of the 0+2 Thornton provided for my Yahoo again. One of those games where Kings converted on their chances with great efficiency and Sharks just couldn't bury it. And when they did, the refs waved the goal off.

Old
12-10-2009, 10:11 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
They played massive shifts in Kings' zone at times and came within inches of scoring multiple times on top of the 0+2 Thornton provided for my Yahoo again. One of those games where Kings converted on their chances with great efficiency and Sharks just couldn't bury it. And when they did, the refs waved the goal off.
He's putting up points, no doubt, but he's not skating off the puck at all. He's getting chances when he carries it, makes a good stick play with his reach, or someone else recovers the puck and gives it to him. Heatley is worse since he doesn't have the puck handling skills JT.

Just putting up points isn't enough, it's never been enough, and we've been the poster team for that for years. You can put up points playing like that in the regular season but it flat out won't work in the playoffs. These guys have to be more aggressive off the puck, faster on the forecheck, faster and more dynamic on the zone entry/break.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Someone should have called Nabby out in the Post game interviews.

Chairman Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:21 AM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Nabby had a bad game, absolutely. A BAD GAME. Relax, even Brodeur has bad games, it's just statistically impossible not to.

Defense is a joke, I can't think of a single game this year where they've been what I would call 'solid'. They've won some games, but even those games feel like controlled (barely) chaos.

DW needs to address the defense long before the deadline if he can. I think a coaching (assistant) change is in order, and some staffing changes back there as well.

Joe is a generational talent, he's amazing, but he's so damn lazy most games. I almost wish we'd trade him for Lecavalier. I know that's stupid, but just in the back of my mind I think I'm getting tired of his crap.
I've been worried about the coaching for quite a while. They are riding their top guys way too much when we have line up that can easily roll 4 lines and if they'd trust Joslin a bit more and Huskins a bit less and not play Boyle 30 minutes a night, it'll pay off down the road.

And who's brilliant idea was it to put Heatley and Huskins on the ice at the same time 4 on 4??

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote