Notices

2009/10 Fantasy Hockey Thread

Old
12-02-2009, 06:05 AM
bb74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry View Post
I was ridiculed from every direction for saying he was nothing but crap. He has now been given his chance to prove himself and all he has done is prove me right. (again)
Although he hasn't produced I'm a bit suprized you are this hard on the kid - basically he's the most fearless forward on the roster when he plays, always finishes his checks, and is a hound on the puck. He may never be top line talent but I think most would expect him to have a fair NHL career at the least.

bb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 06:12 AM
PandaBonJovi

Send a message via AIM to PandaBonJovi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarb View Post
Hi all !!!
Can you tell me if Sobotka is good this year ?

Can you see him on first or second line one day ?
Not that good at all. I, personally never understood all the love for this guy on this board. In my opinion he will be a 3rd to 4th liner. He does throw the big hit a few times a game but thats about all..............Just my input.

PandaBonJovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 09:05 AM
dime

How good is Krejci?

Hey,

Flyers fan here, who appreciate Bruins hockey alot (you're at times more BSB than the Flyers who play soft as butter at the moment...)!

Anyways, I am in a keeper fantasy league (with several Bruins such as Savard, Chara, Recchi, Sobotka, Marchand and Sauve on my roster) and was thinking of picking up David Krejci who seems to be available. I got to see a fair amount of him both at the beginning and end of last season and was always very impressed with his overall game; both the elusive quickness, the vision and his ability to thread passes through traffic. I felt he had much of similar skills to the Flyers’ Claude Giroux (another favourite). Now, I am aware of the Krejci scoring phases:
2007/08: 27 pts in 56 games - ~0.5 PPG
2008/09 first half: 46 pts in 42 games - ~1.1 PPG
2008/09 second half: 27 pts in 40 games - ~0.7 PPG
2009/10: 13 pts in 27 games - ~0.5 PPG

I know he was injured the whole off-season, returned earlier than scheduled, but missed the whole off-season training which is significant to the conditioning of especially younger players that are still building a lot of physical strength. It also seems to me that your wingers are not playing nearly as well this season as last (aside from Kessel being traded).

Would anyone that watches Bruins consistently care to give me a view of the difference in Krejci’s play this year vs. last; what line he typically plays on, and what ceiling you see him as having – and also if possible how you see him fitting in the B’s organization mid-term given Savard’s new contract and Bergeron (as presumably Krejci doesn’t play wing). My impression of him from last year was he was the type of guy that made other players better, rather than someone who put up big points thanks to his surroundings… not sure whether this is correct

Thanks

dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Solomon Kane

Send a message via AIM to Solomon Kane
Quote:
Originally Posted by dime View Post
Hey,

Flyers fan here, who appreciate Bruins hockey alot (you're at times more BSB than the Flyers who play soft as butter at the moment...)!

Anyways, I am in a keeper fantasy league (with several Bruins such as Savard, Chara, Recchi, Sobotka, Marchand and Sauve on my roster) and was thinking of picking up David Krejci who seems to be available. I got to see a fair amount of him both at the beginning and end of last season and was always very impressed with his overall game; both the elusive quickness, the vision and his ability to thread passes through traffic. I felt he had much of similar skills to the Flyers’ Claude Giroux (another favourite). Now, I am aware of the Krejci scoring phases:
2007/08: 27 pts in 56 games - ~0.5 PPG
2008/09 first half: 46 pts in 42 games - ~1.1 PPG
2008/09 second half: 27 pts in 40 games - ~0.7 PPG
2009/10: 13 pts in 27 games - ~0.5 PPG

I know he was injured the whole off-season, returned earlier than scheduled, but missed the whole off-season training which is significant to the conditioning of especially younger players that are still building a lot of physical strength. It also seems to me that your wingers are not playing nearly as well this season as last (aside from Kessel being traded).

Would anyone that watches Bruins consistently care to give me a view of the difference in Krejci’s play this year vs. last; what line he typically plays on, and what ceiling you see him as having – and also if possible how you see him fitting in the B’s organization mid-term given Savard’s new contract and Bergeron (as presumably Krejci doesn’t play wing). My impression of him from last year was he was the type of guy that made other players better, rather than someone who put up big points thanks to his surroundings… not sure whether this is correct

Thanks
I would say that Krejci would be a better value now that Savard is locked down. IMO Krejci suffered from a combination of coming back from injury, crappy winger play, and, perhaps most important of all, drawing better defense against him because Savard was out. The Bruins as currently constructed really operate best being three deep at center. Teams will most likely match up their best defenses against Savard, so that leaves both Bergeron and Krejci's lines as 2a and 2b, thus oftentimes giving Krejci worse defenses to play against. Now, at the moment perhaps Bergeron's line could be considered the top line, but that still puts Krejci on the 2a/2b line with Savard's line being the other. Either way, I'd say Krejci is a good pickup for the long term.

Solomon Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 07:16 AM
KCrushers

I got a question about fantasyhockey, well it's more a request for advice than a question but ok.. Here it is.

I'm in a fantasy league at ESPN, we run h2h with 7 forward catagories (goal, ass, +/-, PPG, Hits, SOG and PIM), we also have a system where each week we play 2 LW, 2 C and 2 RW.

Here is what I need an avice about.
Right now my team looks like this:
Parise-Malkin-Hejduk
Kunitz-Stoll-Okposo

Bench: Krejci-Ryder-Fehr-Wolski

Yesterday I got two proposals,
1. Send Okposo for Bergeron
2. Send Krejci+Ryder for Samuelsson

Do you guys think I should take the deal or do you think that Krejci and Ryder will pick things up between christmas and the olympics?

KCrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:56 AM
dmonk
doughberle

Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
Guys,

Rusk is available in my league and i was picking to puck him up ever since I got stuck with Osgood at the missed live draft. I've changed few goalies since with somewhat mixed results.

Should i grab him and run? Or is there a chance he'll revert to the No. 2 position behind Thomas for majority of the time?

dmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:25 AM
BostonPC

[QUOTE=dmonk;22645885]Guys,

Rusk is available in my league and i was picking to puck him up ever since I got stuck with Osgood at the missed live draft. I've changed few goalies since with somewhat mixed results.

Should i grab him and run? Or is there a chance he'll revert to the No. 2 position behind Thomas for majority of the time?[/QUOT

Rask is great to have on the bench and will get more starts than the average back up goalie. Who else do you have besides Osgood, and better yet... who else is available in FA? The other thing to look at is there a goalie limit in your league? Maybe picking up more than one could help you depending on the league settings.

There are usually short term or even long term players sitting in FA unless you are in a 16 - 20 team league. Just the fact that Rask was available tells me there are guys to pick up.

If this is a keeper league or dynasty... then I would pick up Rask for the future.

BostonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:33 AM
BostonPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
I got a question about fantasyhockey, well it's more a request for advice than a question but ok.. Here it is.

I'm in a fantasy league at ESPN, we run h2h with 7 forward catagories (goal, ass, +/-, PPG, Hits, SOG and PIM), we also have a system where each week we play 2 LW, 2 C and 2 RW.

Here is what I need an avice about.
Right now my team looks like this:
Parise-Malkin-Hejduk
Kunitz-Stoll-Okposo

Bench: Krejci-Ryder-Fehr-Wolski

Yesterday I got two proposals,
1. Send Okposo for Bergeron
2. Send Krejci+Ryder for Samuelsson

Do you guys think I should take the deal or do you think that Krejci and Ryder will pick things up between christmas and the olympics?
Okposo for Bergeron is a wash....IMO unless you are weak at center. I made this same trade the other way recently in a dynasty league.... picking up Bergeron and sending Okposo. Bergy is playing very well and looks to be healthy again.

I would not trade Krejci and Ryder for Samuelsson. Ryder is not playing all that well this year from a fantasy perspective but Krejci is starting to show us what he had last year (over the last 3 to 4 games). Also Ryder is streaky and is starting to take more shots. When he finds his touch he can go on a run.

Just my opinion.... :-)

BostonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 10:26 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Any idea when Lucic is coming back? I don't want to put him on IR only to have to take him off again tomorrow because I keep hearing he's close to returning. Any news?

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 02:10 AM
Neely Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Any idea when Lucic is coming back? I don't want to put him on IR only to have to take him off again tomorrow because I keep hearing he's close to returning. Any news?
They say hes close but with high ankle sprains anything can happen. What I usually do with IR guys is put them on IR and I dont activate them until there second game back. That way you can use that roster spot effectively to spot start someone where normally that position wouldn't be filled on said day or even for a few days (pick up another guy and drop the first guy you picked up). Specially high ankle sprains, even his first game back don't expect him to log many minutes. I ran into the high ankle sprain issue with Crosby a few years back.

Neely Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 12:58 PM
leafseh

With Lucic set to return very shortly.... what are the new line combinations going to look like? I've got a guy interested in one of my D man... and he has both Sturm and Krejci on the trade block..... Which of the two would you make a play for?

leafseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:09 PM
flannelman
Regular Season Mode.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafseh View Post
With Lucic set to return very shortly.... what are the new line combinations going to look like? I've got a guy interested in one of my D man... and he has both Sturm and Krejci on the trade block..... Which of the two would you make a play for?
would depend on the type of league (keeper) and type of stats (g or a) you'd need - either way, though, i think Krejci will score more points...

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:37 PM
leafseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
would depend on the type of league (keeper) and type of stats (g or a) you'd need - either way, though, i think Krejci will score more points...
It's not a keeper - rotisserie scoring system (G,A,PTS,GWG,+/-)

I'm in more need of G/GWG
I lead in +/- and A

Last edited by leafseh: 01-06-2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: add more info
leafseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 05:49 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Hey fellas,

Think Savard's return will have a positive impact on Bergeron's fantasy value? Do they ever play together in PP situations, or even at even strength? Is Bergeron still wearing a brace?

I've been considering dropping Bergeron lately... but I have a feeling that if I do, it's going to wind up burning me in the end.

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 12:47 PM
DT18

hey guys I was just wondering how you guys thought Wheeler was progressing and what kind of impact you see for him next year? He's getting fairly good icetime and with Recchi and satan and maybe even Ryder hitting the road next year.. do you see him breakingout? Would you rather Wheeler, David Perron (stl), or Jake Voracek for strictly points

DT18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
time to set this one free.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote