HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

King can't save flat Rangers

Old
12-10-2009, 08:43 AM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

vCash: 500
King can't save flat Rangers

Quote:
Despite getting a point on the strength of Henrik Lundqvist's brilliance -- in the match in which Chicago not only had 41 shots to the Blueshirts' 18, but an overwhelming 75-32 advantage in attempts -- the Rangers lacked the size, strength, speed and commitment to handle one of the NHL's most powerful teams.

Even worse, this crew has gone 7-13-2 since opening 7-1 (just Carolina is worse since Oct. 17 at 5-14-4), the Rangers barely competed. In a game of rope-a-dope in which the King nearly pulled a Zaire-like robbery, the dopes ultimately got roped into their fifth loss (1-4-1) in their last six matches.
Quote:
"Henrik, he's the one who played -- about the only one who played," an angry head coach John Tortorella said after the match. A game the Blackhawks finally tied on a Jonathan Toews' power-play goal at 14:05 of the third before winning it on Dustin Byfuglien's unassisted dash down the left wing at 3:43 of overtime with Marian Gaborik notably deficient on the back check.

"Forget about offense. That's not my concern tonight," said the coach whose team has scored two goals or fewer in 14 of the last 18, and no more than one goal in nine of those contests. "My concern is the level of competing which was void as far as I'm concerned.

"If the guys thought they tried tonight, they are in for a rude awakening. This is the best team we've played; I understand that. But I thought we stunk."
Quote:
When told of Tortorella's remarks, Sean Avery seconded the motion.

"I think that's an accurate statement," Avery said. "I mean, look at the shots; look at the game."

Uh, we did. The Rangers rarely had the puck. When they did, they couldn't keep it. When they lost it, they couldn't retrieve it. The forecheck game did not exist. Toughness in front of Lundqvist was imaginary.

"I can't explain why, but we were flat. We had no legs," Chris Drury said. "We didn't play hard enough. We know that's how Torts feels about it, and I can't disagree.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...6gPJQyD9ruv0ZI

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 08:49 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
pathetic.

blow
it
up

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Jackson Ranger

Seems like we've heard the same problems for years now. The compete level isn't high enough. They are not big or tough enough. Their is no secondary scoring.

Seems to me if we hear the same thing over and over again, there is only one man responsible. The man who puts this team together, year after year. Sather has to go!

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Orr Nightmare

Rangers are done.

A terrible mix of players.

Out of the 22 guys on the team...maybe 10 have heart.

I would keep:

Gabby
MDZ
Staal
Gilroy
Avery
Higgins
Hank
Anisimov
Dubi
Cally
Maybe Boyle.

Everyone else can take a flying leap off the tallest building

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 09:25 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
"Henrik, he's the one who played -- about the only one who played," an angry head coach John Tortorella said after the match. A game the Blackhawks finally tied on a Jonathan Toews' power-play goal at 14:05 of the third before winning it on Dustin Byfuglien's unassisted dash down the left wing at 3:43 of overtime with Marian Gaborik notably deficient on the back check.

"Forget about offense. That's not my concern tonight," said the coach whose team has scored two goals or fewer in 14 of the last 18, and no more than one goal in nine of those contests. "My concern is the level of competing which was void as far as I'm concerned.

"If the guys thought they tried tonight, they are in for a rude awakening. This is the best team we've played; I understand that. But I thought we stunk."

These are annnoying quotes. Torts showing no accountability. The Rangers played hard last night AND got to OT against what could be the best team in the NHL.

They simply are not good enough talent wise or system wise to compete against what Chicago has talent wise. I thought they showed heart and lots of hustle. They just have average skills outside of Gabby and Henrik.

Who built the team Torts? Who's coaching the team Torts?

The better teams have simple game plan for the Rangers. Match up Gabby.

Thats it.

Who makes their game plan so simple Torts?

12-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
These are annnoying quotes. Torts showing no accountability. The Rangers played hard last night AND got to OT against what could be the best team in the NHL.

They simply are not good enough talent wise or system wise to compete against what Chicago has talent wise. I thought they showed heart and lots of hustle. They just have average skills outside of Gabby and Henrik.

Who built the team Torts? Who's coaching the team Torts?

The better teams have simple game plan for the Rangers. Match up Gabby.

Thats it.

Who makes their game plan so simple Torts?
Tortorella's best attribute as a coach is he is of the drill sargent mentality. Hes a motivator. Even if you motivate ****, its still ****.

He walked into Tampa Bay to a team with some young talent in place and was able to get the most out of them. What happens to Torts when the talent simply isnt there? Well, we're seeing it. In a word, hes confused.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 09:50 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Tortorella's best attribute as a coach is he is of the drill sargent mentality. Hes a motivator. Even if you motivate ****, its still ****.

He walked into Tampa Bay to a team with some young talent in place and was able to get the most out of them. What happens to Torts when the talent simply isnt there? Well, we're seeing it. In a word, hes confused.

Every coach/manager needs talent to win.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 09:51 AM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
"I can't explain why, but we were flat. We had no legs," Chris Drury said. "We didn't play hard enough. We know that's how Torts feels about it, and I can't disagree.
Dear god will someone check him for a pulse???

Maybe the reason this team is flat is the ho hum attitude of our "leader". I'm not blaming Drury only but for godsakes man, SHOW SOME FIRE!

"hurrrr, I was on the ice and I don't know why we sucked, but the coach said we do and thats a good point! Now whats my ledger balance at again?"

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Girardi>Gilroy at this point.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 09:55 AM
pwoz

Time to trade Hank and become a lottery team.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 09:57 AM
miss2leetch

With the effort Hank displayed last night, it sickens me to see three blackhawks in the crease hammering away for the tying goal, and no body pays the price? How is it that nobody take offense to that and buries one of those guys, nothing. Players are soft, defense needs to be meaner and tougher and we do not have those players. Toews gets 3 to 4 poke at the puck and he is untouched. Would that have happened with Beukeboom? Soft players, soft team, soft GM. No end in sight

miss2leetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Especially one as limited as Tortorella.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:06 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
Time to trade Hank and become a lottery team.
They are already a lottery team.

Old
12-10-2009, 10:09 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Drury's quote is completely unacceptable. I know he doesnt have control over how the whole team plays BUT when you're making post game remarks saying i dont know why we were flat out there but we just were, then you have to wonder why the hell isnt drury yelling at his teammates. He's one of the oldest guys on the team, he has won a stanley cup already, if he;s afraid to get under his teammates skin and yell at them then there is something severely wrong.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:11 AM
pwoz

Quote:
They are already a lottery team.
TAYLOR HALL!
TAYLOR HALL!

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:17 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
TAYLOR HALL!
TAYLOR HALL!
Just keep losing.

Old
12-10-2009, 10:18 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Taylor Hall would spend two more years in Juniors and a year in Hartford before he'd become a Ranger .

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:19 AM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

destroy this team and get some new faces

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:20 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
He's got more talent than Renney had last season.

12-10-2009, 10:21 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Drury's quote is completely unacceptable. I know he doesnt have control over how the whole team plays BUT when you're making post game remarks saying i dont know why we were flat out there but we just were, then you have to wonder why the hell isnt drury yelling at his teammates. He's one of the oldest guys on the team, he has won a stanley cup already, if he;s afraid to get under his teammates skin and yell at them then there is something severely wrong.
I don't think Drury is the get in your face type. He's one of those players that leads (and I use the term loosely) by example.

Old
12-10-2009, 10:22 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
you have to wonder why the hell isnt drury yelling at his teammates. He's one of the oldest guys on the team, he has won a stanley cup already, if he;s afraid to get under his teammates skin and yell at them then there is something severely wrong.

How do you know he's not?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:24 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
He's got more talent than Renney had last season.
Yeah and we know where Renney ended up. Plus Renney at least had a couple more Vets playing D.

Either way this team is built like a pile of feces. We need a proper rebuild. We have some good young talent. We have two stars on our team. A very promising young defenseman, and hopefully some good players in pipeline. We need to get rid of all the excess garbage and go from there. Tank this year, get a top 3 pick, get rid of Captain Cash, Blowzital, and Dredden, and go from there.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:25 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Taylor Hall would spend two more years in Juniors and a year in Hartford before he'd become a Ranger .
3 years older Henrik....

Trade the pick for a proven upgrade. Not an aging veteren looking for a swan song on Broadway. A real player

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:25 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Yeah and we know where Renney ended up. Plus Renney at least had a couple more Vets playing D.

Either way this team is built like a pile of feces. We need a proper rebuild. We have some good young talent. We have two stars on our team. A very promising young defenseman, and hopefully some good players in pipeline. We need to get rid of all the excess garbage and go from there. Tank this year, get a top 3 pick, get rid of Captain Cash, Blowzital, and Dredden, and go from there.
Renney had a better record at this point last season, than Torts does this season.

So you're going to tank this season and then get rid of three really bad contracts. OK, how?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:26 AM
ThirdEye

He would have been able to save the Rangers from free fall if his glove was fast enough

I won't be too upset with the team stinking for a year if it turns out to be productive, but that's hardly a given with this team. The only thing that is keeping me sane is the Yankees and Giants winning championships in recent years. Sorry Jets and Mets fans

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote