HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 29 | Detroit Red Wings @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D (HD) |

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2009, 09:41 PM
LyNX27

vCash: 500
Figured you guys would have a laugh at this... Apparently you lost yesterdays game

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009...roit-red-wings

Old
12-07-2009, 09:43 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attack Llama View Post
Guess we should add a qualifier to that: For someone who had no significant previous NHL experience...
Well, he was awesome for about a series and a half - despite the fact that he was a true rookie. I mean, he looked as good as anyone not named Lidstrom. But I don't know if it was the high of being in the NHL playoffs, or his appendix, but he tailed off in a nasty way after a few weeks.

Old
12-07-2009, 09:45 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
Figured you guys would have a laugh at this... Apparently you lost yesterdays game

Wow. Looks like Cleary and Draper are the real mercenaries.

Old
12-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:

wow.. Thanks for the laugh

They're saying the Wings lost 3-1, but they mentioned that Datsyuk, Cleary and Draper scored

A couple of other things..
Quote:
Jimmy Howard excelled in the home net, stopping 28 shots – including a penalty save from Ryan Callahan in the second session which kept his team just a goal adrift.
Quote:
The Ottawa Senators scored a 4-3 shoot-out victory at the expense of the struggling Anaheim Mighty Ducks.
Great article

Old
12-07-2009, 10:09 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:

The Guardian? looool. I'm from the UK, so believe me, the Guardian is a **** newspaper with low quality writing and information. It is a stereotype that it is read mostly by homosexuals. I don't really see the connection but that's what people say, don't shoot the messenger. Anyways, a UK paper commenting on ice hockey should never be taken seriously, it's a joke.

It's pretty pathetic that one of the most read newspapers writes an article where they get the facts completely wrong. It actually pisses me off a bit. We actually win and now people are trying to take that away from us. it was goals and now straight wins? wow, anyways, funny but pathetic at the same time.

Old
12-07-2009, 10:15 PM
LyNX27

Just lookin out for my fellow hockey lovers!

Old
12-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
The Guardian? looool. I'm from the UK, so believe me, the Guardian is a **** newspaper with low quality writing and information. It is a stereotype that it is read mostly by homosexuals. I don't really see the connection but that's what people say, don't shoot the messenger. Anyways, a UK paper commenting on ice hockey should never be taken seriously, it's a joke.

It's pretty pathetic that one of the most read newspapers writes an article where they get the facts completely wrong. It actually pisses me off a bit. We actually win and now people are trying to take that away from us. it was goals and now straight wins? wow, anyways, funny but pathetic at the same time.
Why would The Guardian even have an article on the NYR vs Wings tilt?

Old
12-08-2009, 05:51 AM
14ari13

Eaves, Holmstrom, Draper, Howard, Zetterberg are doing very good/great. Many other
players have to pick their game up, Osgood, Lidstrom and Datsyuk most of all.
Holmstrom is having a great season so far, so is Eaves. But I do not see much praise here.

Old
12-08-2009, 05:58 AM
aar000n

Quote:

All I have to say about this article is " Kids dont do drugs"

Old
12-08-2009, 08:20 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Why would The Guardian even have an article on the NYR vs Wings tilt?
To broaden their already piss poor coverage? I assure you they are a crap newspaper and they report on the most random BS.

Old
12-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Chris 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post

considering the competition, the guardian is one of the top uk papers, and certainly one of the more intelligent. i've never heard anyone say that it is read by homosexuals (and don't see why that is relevant in any case). also, although the guardian should have checked their facts, it is a press association article rather than a guardian article. they didn't write the article. they were stupid enough to publish the article without checking the facts, but they didn't write it.

Old
12-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Moved the Howard talk to new thread:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=712853

Closed Thread