Old
12-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Official QMJHL Trade Period Thread

follow the trades

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/?page...&end_year=2010

Trade period ends January 7

Last edited by Mathletic: 12-29-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 05:06 PM
torontosports10

Hmm I don't know how to take this. Is it true or not, and if so what about Gelinas.

It'll be nice to have two top end tenders, but Id really like to see Patrice come to man the second line.

torontosports10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 05:24 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
It would mean that Saint John wants to get an impact 20 yo as well. Who could it be?

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 05:34 PM
torontosports10

I cant seem then releasing Gelinas. Only so many teams could take him in a trade as well. Allen will cost a ton as well.

Old
12-10-2009, 05:37 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

They won't keep both Gelinas and Allen on the team, they would be crazy to waste a #1 goaltender on the bench.

Old
12-10-2009, 07:23 PM
torontosports10

Well thy would they even trade for Allen then, he obvisouley has a lot more value then Gelinas. I woudlnt mind have two #1's at all, if one gets hurt then there are no worries.

But I agree thats its really odd with the stats Gelly has that they would go after Allen instead of other positions.

Old
12-10-2009, 08:21 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

As if they would keep both Gelinas and Allen. Please.

Old
12-10-2009, 08:27 PM
torontosports10

I never said they would, I said I wouldnt mind. Now tell me who the **** is going to trade for Gelinas? Think they are gonna trade him to a contender and have him bite them in the ass? Highly unlikely. What about to a **** team? Nope they wont deal anything of value for an overage goalie.

IMO, like I stated before, I rather get Patrice then Allen, we got Gelly playing great.

Facepalm yourself kid.

Old
12-10-2009, 11:17 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

My question is, why wasting an overager spot on the bench when you're a contender?

Old
12-11-2009, 09:48 AM
torontosports10

My questions is why trade for an 19 year old stud when ya got a 20 year old stud.

This rumour just doesnt make much sense unless they have a lot of deals already made. I hope they dont ruin their team the the 2012 mem cup run they want to host.

Old
12-11-2009, 09:54 AM
torontosports10

Quote:
The QMJHL trade period runs from Dec. 19 until Jan. 7. There's rumours that Saint John has already struck a deal to land Montreal Juniors star goaltender Jake Allen, a Fredericton native.

"No truth to that,'' said Gallant. "I'm not saying that we're not among the teams showing an interest in Jake Allen, but there's far from anything done.''

Gallant doesn't expect the Sea Dogs to stand pat during the trade period.

"There's no one specific area we're targeting, but we're definitely going to try to improve our club,'' he said. "We're going to look at who's available and what we might be able to do to upgrade our team.

"If the right deal is available, we'll make it. We have a bunch of outstanding young players so we think we're set up for the next three or four years. We have to keep the future in mind if we make any moves.''
http://timestranscript.canadaeast.co...article/885183

Old
12-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Jack Bauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontosports10 View Post
My questions is why trade for an 19 year old stud when ya got a 20 year old stud.

This rumour just doesnt make much sense unless they have a lot of deals already made. I hope they dont ruin their team the the 2012 mem cup run they want to host.
Because Gelinas is no stud....just the goalie who gets to play behind the best team in the Q.

Allen is the best goalie in the league, so adding him to the best team and opening up an overage spot for another forward or defenceman makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:26 AM
torontosports10

Well his save % is the tops in the league, usually if its a case of the team helping the goalie the save % is low but GAA is high.

So my question is this then, what do they do with Gelinas? He leads the league in Wins, GAA and Save %.

Do they release him? Trade him? and for what?

What overage player do they look to add?

And what pieces will be going to Mtl for Allen?

I know noone can answer all these but in your opinion what is the answer.

Old
12-11-2009, 01:26 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

i thing we could use this thread as the "official qmjhl trade period thread" if mods can change the title please

other rumour

-Caron to rouyn
-Cormier to Moncton/saint-john
-Deschamps/lagace to victoriaville
-Allen to saint-john
-Bourque/Goulet to Moncton

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
i thing we could use this thread as the "official qmjhl trade period thread" if mods can change the title please

other rumour

-Caron to rouyn
-Cormier to Moncton/saint-john
-Deschamps/lagace to victoriaville
-Allen to saint-john
-Bourque/Goulet to Moncton
changed it myself

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 04:57 PM
lazsloo*

I dont think Saint John gets Allen because the price is way to high i heard it is Herbudeau, Durepos, and Despres at the draft (wtf). I think we get Champion (Bath) and land Gelinas (Lewiston) and we are fine but just my Opinion

lazsloo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 06:30 PM
jefff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazsloo View Post
I dont think Saint John gets Allen because the price is way to high i heard it is Herbudeau, Durepos, and Despres at the draft (wtf). I think we get Champion (Bath) and land Gelinas (Lewiston) and we are fine but just my Opinion
I can't see them giving up this much, Allen may be good but come on this is retarded. In my opinion the Seadogs better keep Herbudeau because he is a future star in the Q. I say if the Dogs have to give up this much talent then the Juniors can keep Allen. I do think that Stich is coming back to Saint John but it better not have anything to do with Herbudeau!

jefff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 06:39 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Stich can't come back in Saint John. There has two be at least 4 years before a player can come back to a former team. (e.g. Pistilli was drafted by Shawinigan at 16, was traded to Gatineau during his first season, came back to Shawinigan 4 years later for his last season)

Old
12-11-2009, 06:42 PM
cantwell7

Quote:
Well his save % is the tops in the league, usually if its a case of the team helping the goalie the save % is low but GAA is high.

So my question is this then, what do they do with Gelinas? He leads the league in Wins, GAA and Save %.

Do they release him? Trade him? and for what?

What overage player do they look to add?

And what pieces will be going to Mtl for Allen?

I know noone can answer all these but in your opinion what is the answer.
If I were Saint John and I had the chance to land Jake Allen I would hop all over that chance. Gelinas is doing a good job as of now, but as Jack Bauer said above he is playing infront of argueably the best team in the CHL. I think you may be able to trade Gelinas to a younger team or even a team like Bathurst who has a 20 spot open and if they trade Champion and don't recall Steeves he could fill the void for the rest of the season.

I think a guy like Emmanuel Boudreau from Rimouski could play a big role on your defence. He has Memorial Cup experience and will be available when the trading period opens.

As for a price tag on Allen. You would have to think something revolving around Huberdeau and someone like Despres at the draft and possibly a guy like Dannick Gauthier depending on the amount of picks involved.

Thats my opinion on it all.

cantwell7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 06:52 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

A guy like Simon Lacroix would also be a perfect match for Saint John. However, I'm not sure Val D'Or is ready to give up on this season. They'll probably lose the small amount of fans they have if they do.

Old
12-11-2009, 06:53 PM
jefff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Stich can't come back in Saint John. There has two be at least 4 years before a player can come back to a former team. (e.g. Pistilli was drafted by Shawinigan at 16, was traded to Gatineau during his first season, came back to Shawinigan 4 years later for his last season)
I was not aware of this rule. Interesting and thanks for the info. As far as the cost for Allen I don't think he is worth it for one year. If the Dogs can get two years out of Allen then I think it would be worth it.

jefff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 07:22 AM
cantwell7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefff View Post
I was not aware of this rule. Interesting and thanks for the info. As far as the cost for Allen I don't think he is worth it for one year. If the Dogs can get two years out of Allen then I think it would be worth it.
It doesn't really matter how long you get out of him. Your the top team in the country. If you plan on going for it and going deep into the playoff's Allen makes much more sense than to have Gelinas .

Old
12-12-2009, 09:03 AM
The Q professor

Does the tigres have enough to land deschamps and lagace? What about the eagles they will definetly land somone

The Q professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:38 AM
torontosports10

I cant see us giving up Huberdeau, Durepos and then Despres at the draft. All three were 1st round picks.

Despres is only 18 and most likely comming back next season, so its not like he is a risky overage player like Hoff and Petersen.

I would go for Durepos,1st round pick, Kirkpatrick(at the draft).

Old
12-12-2009, 12:02 PM
cantwell7

Quote:

I would go for Durepos,1st round pick, Kirkpatrick(at the draft).
That's what you would go for. Do you actually think that Montreal is going to let the best goalie in the Q go for anything less than Kings Ransom?