HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings @ Sharks, 10:30pm 12/09. GDT n00b edition.

Old
12-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thresher View Post

They were worse than Heidi Androl - making bad decisions and moving slow as Hell.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 11:53 AM
The Big Giant Head

vCash: 500
Quote:

They were worse than Heidi Androl - making bad decisions and moving slow as Hell.

omg...ZING!!!

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Matalvatz

Agreed that Nabby had a bad game, but he was getting screened a lot, and I think that five hole goal deflected off someone...not sure.

Yes, Huskins sucks, but even Blake and Boyle made some bad reads out there. The first goal was completely Boyle's fault in my opinion because he didn't step up on the shooter. He was caught in no man's land, and his body position made it seem like he was cowering from the shot.

Overall, I saw a lot of that from our defense last night...not enough stepping up on shooters or puck handlers to smother the shots. There were a couple of plays where the kings cycled the puck down low, and even though the D had enough time to release from the front of the net and challenge the boards, they didn't. They sorta just waited for the play to come to them.

Anyway...I still love Blake and Boyle. Vlasic is dropping off a little, imho. Murray has stepped up his game to the point where he is even making escapes with his skating and shooting more. I don't mind Joslin, but we need to trust him a little more, and Huskins is just crap on skates. I still don't like him. I wish he would be more physical with that size. Anyway. Rant..

Matalvatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Redknuckles

AHH,sharks will be ''OK'', their playing in incognito...you know it's all a smoking screen

Redknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 01:21 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redknuckles View Post
AHH,sharks will be ''OK'', their playing in incognito...you know it's all a smoking screen
HA! really? So games 1, 2, 4 and 6 were a smoke screen as well right? ha ha.

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:11 PM
one2gamble

look at the bright side, nabbys next contract keeps getting cheaper and cheaper. Unfortunately his five hole keeps getting bigger at the same time.

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:16 PM
zombiekopitor
GOALdobin

vCash: 50
Everyone is blaming Huskins and Nabby for the last goal....yes they have some responsibilty but Brown made a good play, it never would have happened if Heatley wouldnt have made a boneheaded give away in the offensive zone, just a horrible horrible pass, easily the worst game hes played all year

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:18 PM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoner View Post
Everyone is blaming Huskins and Nabby for the last goal....yes they have some responsibilty but Brown made a good play, it never would have happened if Heatley wouldnt have made a boneheaded give away in the offensive zone, just a horrible horrible pass, easily the worst game hes played all year
It was a bad pass but I dont have an issue with where he was going with it, Huskins was right there and just didnt slide down but across.

Old
12-10-2009, 02:23 PM
zombiekopitor
GOALdobin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
It was a bad pass but I dont have an issue with where he was going with it, Huskins was right there and just didnt slide down but across.
even if huskins was faster then Pavel Bure he still wouldnt have been able to get to that pass, maybe you can get on him for positioning but Heaters head was down when he made that pass

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:52 PM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoner View Post
even if huskins was faster then Pavel Bure he still wouldnt have been able to get to that pass, maybe you can get on him for positioning but Heaters head was down when he made that pass
ya i agree, the pass was bad. I just said that I didnt have an issue with what he was doing just the piss poor execution of it.

Old
12-10-2009, 03:17 PM
royale

I missed this game, but I think I will go back and watch the TIVO anyway to see that 3rd period effort everyone is talking about. Too bad they lost in OT though.

royale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 04:15 PM
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilpertti View Post
They've been letting the opponents carry the play and dominate the perimeter quite alot lately, I wonder if that's some scheme McLennan wants to experiment with or expose the team to now that they're pretty much a lock to make the post season.
Nice thought, we all see that the Sharks tend to back off and play "zone" when the opponent has the puck in their zone (the only exceptions are Nichol and Murray, those are the only guys who regularly attack rather than back up). I feel that this style allows the opponent to dictate the tempo and it makes them more aggressive, which carries over on both offense and defense. I can only trust that the coaches see this and has some master plan behind this, because it's obviously not working well. Like you said, perhaps the coaches are letting opponents reveal their cards now so that they can be prepared later on...

On another subject, one thing I noticed about the Kings last night is they were able to anticipate Thornton really, really well. Much better than any team I've seen this year. They were able to know ahead when a Sharks winger or defenseman along the boards were going to rim the puck around to JT behind the net and were able to intercept many times. This is where Joe should recognize the usual isn't working and go outside his box to catch them off guard, but he just kept doing the usual.

09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 05:19 PM
osgoodshlatters

maybe thornton is gonna play like his usual self for the entire reg season and then when the playoffs come he will turn into a shoot first player and catch everyone off guard i think it would confuse the hell out of a team

osgoodshlatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 05:21 PM
vilpertti

I thought on the 5 on 3 powerplay, he should've tried to snipe it in through the close upper corner... Ersberg wasn't positioned to handle a shot from Joe, he was more concerned about the wingers and Boyle.

vilpertti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 05:40 PM
CBJenga

So I have a question.... When Boyle got the (cross checking?) penalty, and the kings almost immediately scored.... Why did they then get a Power Play as well. What made that situation different than a normal delayed penalty?

CBJenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 05:55 PM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJenga View Post
So I have a question.... When Boyle got the (cross checking?) penalty, and the kings almost immediately scored.... Why did they then get a Power Play as well. What made that situation different than a normal delayed penalty?
there was already someone in the box, it negates the first penalty not both

Old
12-10-2009, 07:38 PM
CBJenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
there was already someone in the box, it negates the first penalty not both
Ah, I had thought he just got out.

CBJenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
23 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto2k View Post
I'd put most of the blame on Huskins for that goal. He continuously skated backwards AWAY from the Kings player. Never tried a poke check, never tried to play the body, never did anything to prevent him from getting to the middle of the ice or to the net.
Brown couldn't get to the net, that's why he had to cut sideways to the middle and take a low percentage shot. I'll agree with you that Huskins should've been more aggressive, but Nabby should've stopped that shot plain and simple.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 11:05 PM
WineShark

Quote:
Overall, it wasn't just Huskins. I felt the majority of the guys in teal should have bought tickets to tonight's game as they did a lot of watching.

It can't be said any better than this.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:41 AM
tunafish

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley cup pleeease View Post
Your post is "laughably bad". He played it well. Nabby needed to stop that shot. Anyway, was ortmeyer playing?

And that goal was good. Bad call. Again
He came back, took an awful angle, didn't initiate physical contact, and instead of driving the man to the outside he let him cut right in front of the goal. Huskins watched that play happen and played no defense.

tunafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 03:43 AM
Winky

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbbyfan20 View Post
YOU went to Grass Valley? I live like half an hr away from there. How do you like the snow? =p
Well, I lived there for almost 10 years, but recently moved down to SoCal for school (yeah, it sucks down here).

And, unfortunately, I've missed the snow so far this year, but I heard they got like 10 inches in Auburn!

My pops is in Newcastle, and they got quite a bit there too.

I miss the north ...

Winky is offline   Reply With Quote