HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mon Dec. 20 [Bulldogs @ Edmonton] 9:00 Est

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2004, 01:36 AM
AHF

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to AHF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
What a crap call on Morgan there...talk about trying to equalize the calls.
Can't agree there.

I was sitting behind the goal line, and had the perfect view of it. That was a penalty for sure. At first, I thought Morgan would get a game for checking from behind.

Tricolore#20, did you wear your jersey? I had mine, and I didn't hear a peep from anybody. I was also wearing a hat I got made today...just a plain white hat the has "LEAFS SUCK!" on the back.

All in all boring game. Ott was the best player for Hamilton, I thought, other than Danis of course.

Old
12-21-2004, 02:26 AM
Taupy

C'est vrai, un crosscheck par derrière proche de la bande, ça vaut une pénalité.

Old
12-21-2004, 02:33 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz
It's funny, I never seen Plekanec as a pest, but in the last 2 games, that's what he has been. Not scoring too much though
With Ward and a kid adjusting, dont wonder why.. He would put alot more points with Higgs and Milroy but Pleks and Higgins are our 2 better assets so Jarvis are using them on different lines.

Old
12-21-2004, 09:57 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
E=CH2 wrote : If only Ward was the Ward of 2 years ago...
To me, Ward is just going through a phase. It's not the first time I noticed that. He didn't have a real training camp. Often, players who come back to play without having a training camp (after a strike or an injury) are playing good at the beginning (let's say for around 5-10 games, what Ward actualy did), and then they seems to go in a slump as the lack of initial training looks to catch up to them... And sometimes, it's worse. It could become the worst season of a player.

...but it's only a personnal observation.

Old
12-21-2004, 10:52 AM
Kasparov*

Plekanec is really good, i like him alot as a player.

I know once Kostitsyn gets comfortable and confident he's going to be very very good. You can see flashes of brilliance at times the way he dangles the puck effortlessly and he can skate... once he gets more energy(hes not used to playing so much), confidence, he is going to be very dangerous. I know this

Old
12-21-2004, 01:56 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69
To me, Ward is just going through a phase. It's not the first time I noticed that. He didn't have a real training camp. Often, players who come back to play without having a training camp (after a strike or an injury) are playing good at the beginning (let's say for around 5-10 games, what Ward actualy did), and then they seems to go in a slump as the lack of initial training looks to catch up to them... And sometimes, it's worse. It could become the worst season of a player.

...but it's only a personnal observation.
I had come to the same conclusions LePoche69.

And I'll even go further, Ward wasn't the same as 2 years ago last season. It's a prolonged slump for him.

It's only a supposition but he could be the type of guy who gets injured a lot and never come back quite the same. Ward has suffered a lot of injuries in his career. A bit like a Brunet or a Koivu. Of course it could only be a big slump too. I really hope he can rebound soon and dissipates my doubts.

Old
12-21-2004, 05:51 PM
HaBs_ReNeGaTe

Send a message via MSN to HaBs_ReNeGaTe
To anyone know the Bulldogs line up?

Old
12-21-2004, 06:18 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaBs_ReNeGaTe
To anyone know the Bulldogs line up?
Lately, with everyone healthy, Jarvis has been doing something like this with his top two lines:

Ward-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Higgins-Locke-Milroy

Then he rotates the following combos on his last two lines a lot:

Carpentier-Ott-Ivanans
Lambert-Morgan-Thinel
Ott-Morgan-someone else

He also throws out Morgan to take the faceoff, and then replaces them with the regular centre, especially at critical times in the game. He also moved Ott up to the top two lines when Higgins left the game due to injury.

As for D, his latest combos have been a mix of:

Focht-Hainsey
Jancevski-Daley
Cote-Plante

Hainsey-Daley
Jancevski-Archer
Cote-Focht/Plante

Closed Thread