HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Imperial March" - 12.10.09 - Columbus at Nashville 7:00 CST

Old
12-10-2009, 10:08 PM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
Way to be MemphisHockeyFan! His loss!

I asked a girl out on a first date to a Preds game, when I had season tix, geesh, 7-8 years ago I guess. Instead of saying yes or no she asked "which game". So anyway, she sort of suckered me into taking her to the Dallas game. We were fourth row. She was a huge Dallas fan, and an even bigger Modano fan. Made me annoyed with her screaming "MoDANOOOoooooo!!!' over and over. And she had some lungs... And it turns out she knew a lot of swear words when the calls went against Dallas...

She said her grandmother was upset that she planned on rooting for Dallas and she told me "Gramma doesn't know it's not like that anymore". Well, yes it was, because I managed one more lunch date and then got scarce. That first date was burned into my mind I guess. LOL I needed to grow up probably but that kept running through my head. I mean, at least root at a modest volume level instead of having the entire arena looking to see how the loudest Dallas fan on the planet ended up sitting right in an area that was always full of Preds fans, lol.

We just weren't compatible really. But I told those around me it was only because she rooted against the Preds. LOL

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:14 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

One time I went to a Preds game and cursed at San Jose fans. Does that count?

If it makes it any better they were women.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:17 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisHockeyFan View Post
Great win!

I was 'kinda' seeing this guy, but he will be getting 'dumped' after tonight. I told him that I couldn't really hang out with him today because we had a game tonight and this is the rare occassion where I have to freetime to watch during finals week. He begged me to come over to his place so I gave in and I'm here now. We hung out and then when the game came on I sat down to watch it and he joined me. He huffed and puffed and expressed how much he doesn't like hockey, or any sport for that matter. He laughed at me when I showed any emotion--good or bad--towards the events in the game. It wasn't pleasant.

I'm not dating anymore guys who aren't into sports, and might extend that to men who aren't into hockey. I love this game and I'm too passionate about it to have to choose between it and a guy. Call me crazy, but I want a guy who understands what it is like to be a fan. So happy about the win. It was a crazy, fun game. Let's kick some winged butt!
Prepare to be private messaged by about 200 HFboard members.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

As long as this has become the "complain about significant others thread" I was on pins and needles during the game. My girlfriend right now doesn't understand hockey, probably doesn't understand my love for it, but she compares it to cello playing (music major). She is one of those people who once they put their mind into something they are doing it no matter what.

Anyways, we win and I rush up five flights of stairs to get to her room kiss her passionately and want to hold her and celebrate a win... but alas she is in one of her "I am cleaning my room and want to be alone moods." Now, I am not usually a pushy guy and I usually don't complain but this really put me out. Whenever she does something great or has something to celebrate I get excited with her but tonight she just couldn't do it. Not gonna lie it was a let down

The good news is Nashville won and I can celebrate it with you guys... with or without her.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Prepare to be private messaged by about 200 HFboard members.
I lol'd

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 11:31 PM
OpenWheel

Lucky 13! Our thirteenth straight win at home against the Jackets.

And...

Garon had won his last thirteen shootouts! (I didn't know that...) An NHL record. I suppose they said it on the broadcasts but I missed it. Garon, meet RINNE. Whoohoo! I may begin to buy into the evil empire and the force. Has to burn for Columbus to give up the loss and point with the streak still ongoing plus fielding a goalie who has such a tremendous shootout record. Pretty wild also as he thought he had the pad down but Sully got it underneath.

For a team who most of the preseason rags said was low on skill, we seem to do well in the skills competition.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 12-10-2009 at 11:39 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 11:40 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

it's a shame that we gave them a point, because I'm not one to blame refs or comment on poor officiating, but when two brutal calls\noncalls lead directly to BJ's goals...meanwhile, stuff gets let go on their end for the entire night...it's frustrating.

The Ward "hooking" penalty should have been a holding the stick call on the BJ's player...BJ's score on ensuing PP.

Smithson gets blatantly high sticked in clear sight of the refs...no call...before he can recover, the puck springs out to Nash who ties the game on a breakaway.

Whatever. It would have stunk worse if we lost the shootout..b.ut....back into sixth place. According to Felder, the game was heavily scouted (Habs, Bolts, Ducks, Isles, Sens).

Decent crowd for a Thursday night, nearly 15K.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 11:58 PM
deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
it's a shame that we gave them a point, because I'm not one to blame refs or comment on poor officiating, but when two brutal calls\noncalls lead directly to BJ's goals...meanwhile, stuff gets let go on their end for the entire night...it's frustrating.

The Ward "hooking" penalty should have been a holding the stick call on the BJ's player...BJ's score on ensuing PP.

Smithson gets blatantly high sticked in clear sight of the refs...no call...before he can recover, the puck springs out to Nash who ties the game on a breakaway.

Whatever. It would have stunk worse if we lost the shootout..b.ut....back into sixth place. According to Felder, the game was heavily scouted (Habs, Bolts, Ducks, Isles, Sens).

Yes this should have been a penalty but.. as Trotz said post game. A missed call is no reason for all of us to stand around with our arms in the air wondering where the call was. The play is still live and we were 33% to blame for that goal.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:

That nearly 15K managed to make more noise than pretty much any game at Rexall these last couple of seasons. Nashville always seems to have a really good atmosphere at their games.

Anyways I just came to post on what a beautiful player Jason Arnott is. That line looks really good.

If you guys can get a forward to play with Dumont at the deadline I think Nashville could make some real noise in the playoffs.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 12:28 AM
PredsChik

SLake: You're my go to guy for info, any word on Weber? Out last 2 or so min. of the third, skated (struggled) through 2 shifts in OT, according to someone sitting directly across from the bench 3rd row, he looked hurt.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 02:22 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
SLake: You're my go to guy for info, any word on Weber? Out last 2 or so min. of the third, skated (struggled) through 2 shifts in OT, according to someone sitting directly across from the bench 3rd row, he looked hurt.
I'm sorry, but I did not see or attend the game tonight. While I was getting prepared for the game I suffered a seizure-like episode (unconfirmed right now) and was sent to the ER where I only recently returned from. If I read or hear anything regarding Weber in the morning, I'll try to pass it along...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 04:06 AM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Good win. Played fairly well for the most part. There was difference in Cbus's play from their first visit. The first time they tried to be physical and borderline dirty. This time it was much less physical, they tried to go more skill.

Sully!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisHockeyFan View Post
Great win!

I'm not dating anymore guys who aren't into sports, and might extend that to men who aren't into hockey. I love this game and I'm too passionate about it to have to choose between it and a guy. Call me crazy, but I want a guy who understands what it is like to be a fan. So happy about the win. It was a crazy, fun game. Let's kick some winged butt!
Excellent. I hate guys that don't like sports. Actually it's no big deal if someone doesn't like sports, but at least respect the fact that I like sports and want to watch my favorite teams. It always made me mad when my sorority would try to schedule sisterhood/pledge crap on game days. Just because the Pledge Ed. didn't care about sports she scheduled stuff whenever her schedule allowed. Finally one game day me and another sister just said we weren't staying and we went to the game. While tailgating we saw a bunch of the alumni who kept asking us where all the rest of the sisters were.

Quote:
Being hurt would explain why he played like **** tonight. Seriously, guys were blowing right past him and he would just fall over backwards. He played far off the Cbus players and it just wasn't anything like Tuesday. He didn't play the last 5 minutes of the 3rd and only those 2 shifts in the OT. But on the last shift he raced down the ice to get the icing call and he looked OK there. I tried to watch some of the replay to see if he got hurt. I thought one time he might have gone to the lockerroom because there was an extra space on the bench when they skated by it, but then they showed a close up of the bench and Weber was sitting right there. Hope it was just a bad night and nothing else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake
I'm sorry, but I did not see or attend the game tonight. While I was getting prepared for the game I suffered a seizure-like episode (unconfirmed right now) and was sent to the ER where I only recently returned from. If I read or hear anything regarding Weber in the morning, I'll try to pass it along...
Oh no, hope you are doing OK now!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 06:31 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

There were a few guys that stood out as having pretty bad games tonight. Weber was one, yes...Ward had perhaps his worst game of the year. Tootoo and his blind passes to CBJ players was pretty tiresome as well.

Old
12-11-2009, 07:40 AM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
oh my goodness! I swear I saw you, you must have had a twin in a mustard jersey roaming around the arena. I hope you're doing better!

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Holly schnitzel! Get better soon!

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Tapp

SLake - glad you got to go home last night. Hope you get only good news going forward.

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Fun Fact of the Day:

Only Rick Nash, Jason Chimera and Rostislav Klesla are on the roster from the last time the club won in Nashville, on April 3, 2006.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:22 AM
belle

Quote:
There were a few guys that stood out as having pretty bad games tonight. Weber was one, yes...Ward had perhaps his worst game of the year. Tootoo and his blind passes to CBJ players was pretty tiresome as well.
Yeah, I wonder if Toots was saying to myself "hey, I'm on a line with Dumont; I must be able to do some of that fancy, dancy no look stuff to".

belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:27 AM
belle

Quote:
I believe I saw Webs taken into the boards and dumped toward the end of the third. When he got himself up, he went straight off the ice. He could of just been holding his wrist low, in front of him, but from up on the ceiling it looked like something else. At any rate he did return.

belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:34 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle View Post
Yeah, I wonder if Toots was saying to myself "hey, I'm on a line with Dumont; I must be able to do some of that fancy, dancy no look stuff to".
Dumont can't even do that stuff lately, let alone Tootoo.

Dumont has kind of taken Erat's early season "needs a benching, but won't get one" spot.

Old
12-11-2009, 10:57 AM
predfan24

Beating CBJ never gets old. As for Weber, something is lcearly wrong with him. Injury I would guess. He hasn't looked right for a few weeks now.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Pattypred

It probably stems from that foot injury he had a couple of weeks ago. You are right - he hasn't played well since then.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 02:21 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
with the Wings coming up it is a bad time for Weber to slow down!

Ward was TERRIBLE every single shift he played last night, I couldnt believe it.

I guess we know how to beat Rinne inthe shootout now

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Pattypred

Update on Weber:
Defenseman Shea Weber did not practice today, with Trotz explaining that it was a maintenance day for the big blueliner. ``It was just regular bumps and bruises,’’ Trotz said. ``He got hit with pucks in different areas. There’s no chance he wouldn’t play tomorrow.’’
Found in the Tennessean article http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...hard-decision/

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 03:05 PM
braindead

I don't want to play matchmaker but it seems pretty clear that Joetimo and Memphis need to go out based on the posts above. I'll be available as best man if it works out.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote