HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PHX rejected Sanguinetti for Mueller

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-11-2009, 10:16 AM
  #76
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
The fact that Sanguinetti was one of the last members of the 2006 first round draft class to get a cup of coffee and the fact that he still doesnt have an NHL job suggest underachievement to me. Just IMO.
Think Bobby Sangs would have more than one goal in 26 games? Like Mueller? Sometimes players take longer to develop - and being 21 or 22 and not yet an NHL starter as a defensemen isn't all that unusual.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:17 AM
  #77
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Think Bobby Sangs would have more than one goal in 26 games? Like Mueller? Sometimes players take longer to develop - and being 21 or 22 and not yet an NHL starter as a defensemen isn't all that unusual.
You just contradicted w/ your last post.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:19 AM
  #78
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Im not saying it would have been a great trade. But I wont be crying my eyes out if Sanguinetti gets traded, ive been expecting it for about 10 days now.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:20 AM
  #79
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
You just contradicted w/ your last post.
What did I contradict?

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:20 AM
  #80
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Mueller for Callahan?

Where do I sign up and let me get my car ready to drive Cally to the airport?
Yea I don't really see a problem here. Why does Sather say no to this? More upside to Mueller and less cap hit?

Maybe cause Cally is really the only gritty player the Rangers have? Maybe Sather has a better return on the table for Cally with another GM

I bet Burke would L O V E some Callahan

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:24 AM
  #81
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Every 3rd post in the forum says exactly the same thing that Brooks just printed. At some point, does just the non-stop *****ing ever get old for you? Ever?
Doesn't the non-stop terrible hockey every get old for you? Don't you ever get tired of watching terrible team after terrible team? Wouldn't it be nice to see a good team for once? Watch some well-executed GOOD hockey? Entertaining hockey? Wouldn't it be nice if, just once in a while, the team was a contender?

Quote:
Brooks is a smart hockey guy. Give me some analysis on what's going on, or some insight about what goes down in practice after a game like that.
Your older than I am and have been watching this team longer than I have, right? Haven't you seen enough Ranger games just like that one to already know that analysis for yourself? I don't need to be there to be able to write that article in my sleep. I for one have no interest in reading more vanilla quotes from Drury and more of Tortorella "telling it like it is." If he was really telling it like it is, he'd be saying that no team paying third-liners star money is going to win anything.

Sure, the same can be said about any scathing review about Sather. The difference is that the article Brooks wrote actually focuses on the only issue that matters with this team, where as the article you want him to write is essentially meaningless. Who cares how they dealt with the loss? Do you want Brooks to write articles like that after every disappointing game? Most of the other beat writers already do that too often as it is.

Quote:
And if he MUST cry himself to sleep every night over Michael Rozsival's paycheck, how about at least offering up a solution to how you're going to replace him once he's demoted?
I don't know about you, but I inferred that he Brooks felt Gilroy should still be here and Rozsival shouldn't, which I also took to mean he doesn't mind that Heikkinen is here. And whether it is Heikkinen, or Sanguinetti, or Sauer, etc. etc., it doesn't really matter. The team isn't going to win either way, and that's the big point that Brooks is rightly focusing on.

Quote:
This isn't even "writing" in my opinion. It's complaining. It's the same.....tired......opinion......week.....after... ..week.....after....week. No content. No value. Nothing. I'm don't even like Larry Brooks, but I expect a lot better of him.
Kind of like the same...tired...pathetic...mediocre...team....seaso n...after...season...year....after...year?

No value. No substance. No talent.

Until that changes, how the team reacts to yet another bad loss isn't going to make much of a difference. I'm glad Brooks writes this article every so often. In fact, I don't think he writes it nearly enough. I'd rather see more of this story then the analysis you're looking for. I've seen far too much of that as it is over the last decade plus.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:28 AM
  #82
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
He's telling the average fan what they have the right to, and in all honesty should, know.
He didn't tell us anything after the rumor. Where is his opinion on either proposal? What is his assessment of the players involved? I expect the beat writer to bring me something that a fan here can't offer, and instead, he threw the column-inches away.

Trust me man, there's isn't a Ranger fan alive that isn't aware of the cap situation. If you don't know, you're not stopping at the Brooks article in the Post or clicking on the link anyway. It's a soap box piece, nothing more.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:31 AM
  #83
miss2leetch
Registered User
 
miss2leetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 183
vCash: 500
I am ok with acquiring a new younger player with potential, as long as we can trade one of our higher priced underachievers for him. I don't want to see someone like Sangs get moved without really knowing what we have in him. Don't trade youth and potential for youth and potential. Unload some of our junk. I keep Callahan, good 3rd liner, you know what you have with him. He is a Ranger, role player, not top scoring material, good energy, character guy.

miss2leetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:33 AM
  #84
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
So glad they didn't accept.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:39 AM
  #85
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
I expect the beat writer to bring me something that a fan here can't offer, and instead, he threw the column-inches away.
The message may not be new to you or I (or anyone else on this board) but he brought it to a hellava lot more eyes than this board has right?

That's not throwing inches away... that's saying out loud what needs to be said.

I'm not saying that it'll change anything but it isn't an article spun by MSG. He calls out the main culprets in all of this (Sather, the piss poor play of Rozi, Redden and Dury and Torts to an extent).

You may have wanted more but I have no problem with this (obviously) and in fact find it a refreshing change from the usual bland and politically correct articles written daily about this team.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:39 AM
  #86
The Mouth
Registered User
 
The Mouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
I did a video on the Rangers should be pursuing Mueller on Nov 1st. "Rangers Should Get Mueller." But now I'm a bit worried, on why this kid has shut it down for such a prolonged period.

These are some other reasons I don't like acquiring him as much as I did in Nov.

1) I'm sick of NYR dealing with Phoenix and their underachievers

2) Rangers historically never succeed at reclamation projects

3) Glen Sather has now thought of it.

4) I'm realizing more and more that "the change of scenery" thing doesn't work in hockey, unless you are being traded away from the Islanders to any other NHL team. Then your play WILL Improve.

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:40 AM
  #87
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Yea I don't really see a problem here. Why does Sather say no to this? More upside to Mueller and less cap hit?

Maybe cause Cally is really the only gritty player the Rangers have? Maybe Sather has a better return on the table for Cally with another GM

I bet Burke would L O V E some Callahan
What is Burke going to offer that we would want?

Unless he is stupid enough to give up Stalberg or Hayes for Callahan.

I don't think he's stupid enough.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:44 AM
  #88
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Doesn't the non-stop terrible hockey every get old for you? Don't you ever get tired of watching terrible team after terrible team? Wouldn't it be nice to see a good team for once? Watch some well-executed GOOD hockey? Entertaining hockey? Wouldn't it be nice if, just once in a while, the team was a contender?
It does. I'm having less of a problem with this terrible team because at least the prospects are either being integrated or assessed.

I'm also realistic about this team being a contender in the context of the real contenders in the league. There's literally nothing you can do to this team to put them in class with PIT, CHI, WSH or SJS. It's spinning your wheels to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Your older than I am and have been watching this team longer than I have, right? Haven't you seen enough Ranger games just like that one to already know that analysis for yourself?
The reason I come here is to hear the array of opinions other than my own. I didn't need to read that article to get Brooks' opinion on that particular subject. I know he doesn't like those contracts. I've known it for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Kind of like the same...tired...pathetic...mediocre...team....seaso n...after...season...year....after...year?

No value. No substance. No talent.

Until that changes, how the team reacts to yet another bad loss isn't going to make much of a difference. I'm glad Brooks writes this article every so often. In fact, I don't think he writes it nearly enough. I'd rather see more of this story then the analysis you're looking for. I've seen far too much of that as it is over the last decade plus.
Depends what drives you interest in the team. Seems to me like it's a crossroads now and the actions that take place over the next couple of week will determine not just the season, but probably the course of the future. I think an attempt to deal Sanguinetti is a big story and I just wanted to read more about that.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:48 AM
  #89
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,457
vCash: 500
I guess the bottom line for me is accountability...

Since Dolan deoesn't care or just flat out REFUSES to hold Glen accountable, I'm quite happy to see Brooks do it.

It isn't enough to be sure... but it's better than nothing.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:49 AM
  #90
RegalRangers
Registered User
 
RegalRangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,447
vCash: 500
The problem with callahan is with his linemates. He's a legit 2nd line player if he's surrounded by legit 2nd liners. This year we don't seem to have legit 2nd liners. MAYBE Dubi when he returns. I could just see Cally tearing it up on a team like Pittsburgh- a team that has legit talent and gets the most out of their role players. Right now our team is overflowing with support guys. within the next few years Cally will find himself on a line where he can really flourish whether it's in New York or elsewhere. On a team full of support guys, he's one of the best.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:53 AM
  #91
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
The problem with callahan is with his linemates. He's a legit 2nd line player if he's surrounded by legit 2nd liners. This year we don't seem to have legit 2nd liners. MAYBE Dubi when he returns. I could just see Cally tearing it up on a team like Pittsburgh- a team that has legit talent and gets the most out of their role players. Right now our team is overflowing with support guys. within the next few years Cally will find himself on a line where he can really flourish whether it's in New York or elsewhere. On a team full of support guys, he's one of the best.
False.

Legit second line players are legit second line players regardless of who they play with.

If Callahan NEEDS high talent on his line in order for him to produce, then he is NOT a second line player.

Artem Anisimov, 21 yrs, is out-producing Callahan, with far less ATOI, absolutely no PP time, and playing mostly on the 3rd and 4th lines this year. He had Brashear, Voros, Boyle, Parenteau as linemates most of the time this year.

He's still 5th on the team in points.


Callahan, is getting a TON of ATOI, about 20 minutes. Top PP unit. And playing mostly on the second line this year 5v5.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:54 AM
  #92
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,527
vCash: 500
^^^ Yeah instead of taking a step forward from last year he's instead pretty much become the epitome of a third line no talent grinder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mouth View Post
I did a video on the Rangers should be pursuing Mueller on Nov 1st. "Rangers Should Get Mueller." But now I'm a bit worried, on why this kid has shut it down for such a prolonged period.
I've heard he's starting to pick it up again, so who knows.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:54 AM
  #93
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,519
vCash: 500
I'd drive Callahan to the airport. He's a bum since he got his pay raise.

BTW, send all three of those losers down to Hartford. If they want to play in the NHL they can earn their spot next season.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:59 AM
  #94
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
I'd drive Callahan to the airport. He's a bum since he got his pay raise.
Dunno, he still skates pretty hard and plays defense, blocks shots, throws some hits...but he's one of those took a step backwards after a pay increase instead of taking a step forward, which is always frustrating.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 11:09 AM
  #95
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
I'd drive Callahan to the airport. He's a bum since he got his pay raise.

BTW, send all three of those losers down to Hartford. If they want to play in the NHL they can earn their spot next season.
Upset much?

Callahan is not a bum. Far from it. The guy plays with energy every night. His passion is there, the talent to be anything more than a third liner is not.

As for Drury, Redden, Roszival, would you walk up to your boss and tell him hes going to need to foot a ridiculous multi-million dollar bill because of 3 huge mistakes you made at work?

Or, considering hypothetically that your boss is like Dolan and is just fine with mediocrity, would you let the status quo be?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 11:11 AM
  #96
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Upset much?

Callahan is not a bum. Far from it. The guy plays with energy every night. His passion is there, the talent to be anything more than a third liner is not.

As for Drury, Redden, Roszival, would you walk up to your boss and tell him hes going to need to foot a ridiculous multi-million dollar bill because of 3 huge mistakes you made at work?

Or, considering hypothetically that your boss is like Dolan and is just fine with mediocrity, would you let the status quo be?
If I knew I had my job for life I'd sure do so.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 11:12 AM
  #97
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Gilroy & a draft pick for Mueller.
Noooooo. I just got my Gilroy jersey.....

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 11:13 AM
  #98
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
I could just see Cally tearing it up on a team like Pittsburgh- a team that has legit talent and gets the most out of their role players.
Lol you mean where he gets to play on a line with Sid or Malkin? Yea I guess he may score a few more goals....


He's not looking like a top 6 to me, but He's the only gritty player we have outside of the Hug Monster.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 11:17 AM
  #99
SomE
Registered User
 
SomE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss2leetch View Post
I don't like this at all, big surprise huh. Moving our youth for an underachiever just hoping that he'll find his stride in NY. Our team needs to be built from Hartford, that is where the chemistry and "system" is developed. Why make all this investment in "our" guy only to trade him away for another "project" Typical delusional thinking by the genius.
Hahahahaha well that was a silly post. Against trading someone with 3 nhl games under his belt for someone who is the same age and has had a 20 goal season. Hey let's just bash Sather for everything he does!!

SomE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 11:18 AM
  #100
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
Hahahahaha well that was a silly post. Against trading someone with 3 nhl games under his belt for someone who is the same age and has had a 20 goal season. Hey let's just bash Sather for everything he does!!
I mean, Prucha's had more than one 20 goal season, and would you trade Sangs for him?

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.