HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sportsnet: Halak on the market

Old
12-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez View Post
Montreal Canadiens are actively shopping Halak around the league. MTL wants a top 6 forward in return. St.Louis and Detroit are interested as per Shaun Starr
Who ?

Oh that's right, another nobody passing off the same rumour as his own.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Frank Doby

LA needs a top 1 goaler (Quick is not the solution), Mtl needs a top six forward. I would take Frolov for Halak and another player or draft choice.

Frank Doby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Who ?

Oh that's right, another nobody passing off the same rumour as his own.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/...nadiens_halak/

Rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Doby View Post
LA needs a top 1 goaler (Quick is not the solution), Mtl needs a top six forward. I would take Frolov for Halak and another player or draft choice.
LA is 4th in the West and not doing bad at all.

Quick is 18-9-3 and is also 23 years old

Bernier is the future of the Kings and he is doing really well for Manchester this year.He is just 21

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....ies&season_id=

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:41 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
St-Louis is not moving Backes...Habs would have to overpay to get their hands on him. Again, St-Louis two offseasons ago, matched an offer sheet Vancouver made for Backes. He's part of their core...
That was what I was saying with the word untouchable.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
That was what I was saying with the word untouchable.
My mistake...I totally misunderstood your post.

Backes would be great though...but the Habs would have to pay a steep price for his services and Halak I don't even think is attractive for them.

I personally don't think Halak has that much value...I don't also believe that he's being 'actively' shopped throughout the NHL. I'm sure there's interest amongst teams in the NHL, but I think he's worth more to the Habs than what they could potentially receive for him.

Unless an established #1 goalie of a playoff hopeful team goes down...Halak's value is extremely limited IMO.

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
My mistake...I totally misunderstood your post.

Backes would be great though...but the Habs would have to pay a steep price for his services and Halak I don't even think is attractive for them.

I personally don't think Halak has that much value...I don't also believe that he's being 'actively' shopped throughout the NHL. I'm sure there's interest amongst teams in the NHL, but I think he's worth more to the Habs than what they could potentially receive for him.

Unless an established #1 goalie of a playoff hopeful team goes down...Halak's value is extremely limited IMO.
For sure,but the problem is he doesn't wanna be a backup and isn't going to be happy being here watching from the bench.So if we are going to go with Price in the future for 55-60 games,then any other back up can do the job for 20 games.So if we could get something good for him then we gotta think of moving him but yes I do agree he's good here not sure he is happy though

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 11:42 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
For sure,but the problem is he doesn't wanna be a backup and isn't going to be happy being here watching from the bench.So if we are going to go with Price in the future for 55-60 games,then any other back up can do the job for 20 games.So if we could get something good for him then we gotta think of moving him but yes I do agree he's good here not sure he is happy though
If we were getting something good for him, sure move him.

As for him being happy? I don't doubt that he wants to play more, but he hasn't complained the public. He's a good teammate from what I can see.

I'm still skeptical on trading him because he's an incredible insurance policy most teams don't have. Price is playing incredible now, but he has a track record of going into prolonged slumps. I'm really hoping those are behind him though. There is also the injury chance and as much as I like Sanford, he's not a #1 in the NHL for an extended period of time. And it'd suck to give up the assets we receive and them some for a replacement if we are close to the playoffs.
Posted via Mobile Device

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 12:03 PM
TK06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez View Post
TSN confirmed detroit and st louis are NOT interested... They asked both Ken Holland & Larry Pleau . To me this make no sense for St Louis as stated by Pang.....

TK06 is offline   Reply With Quote