HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 31: Columbus at Nashville (12/10 8pm, FSN Ohio) "Attack of the Jackets" Edition

Old
12-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Feicht

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Yeah I was gonna mention that too... if there was any hitting, I sure didn't see it. As much as Hitchcock is supposedly endorsing a hard-hitting, defence first style, it hasn't exactly manifested itself recently. It seems that between the two, he'll settle for just the latter which like...... I dunno. Defence-only games are boring enough already, but when there's no hitting...yikes.

That said, there were lots of good chances last night, just not exactly consistently enough.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 09:57 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

3 points out of 4 on a back-to-back...there's some good news given how we've played recently, right? Of late, at times, we've looked like the 06-07 CBJ, a team that couldn't do that on a back-to-back in its wildest dreams.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:39 AM
BluejacketNut

If the 2 points from the night before were against, say Calgary, the Pens, or any other top team, then yes, but considering it was Florida, meh, I expect nothing less then 2 points against them at home

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:54 AM
RBarRegular

^^^ Agree, but at this point let's take the two or three points wherever we can get them.

I hate to beat a dead horse but has anyone ever seen a player fade in and out more often than Kristian Huselius? I mean, in the same game, he can look like he's in no mood whatsoever to play and then turn around and have three straight dominant shifts.

RBarRegular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 11:05 AM
skimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBarRegular View Post
I hate to beat a dead horse but has anyone ever seen a player fade in and out more often than Kristian Huselius? I mean, in the same game, he can look like he's in no mood whatsoever to play and then turn around and have three straight dominant shifts.
It's the skilled game that he plays. He makes what he does with the puck look so effortless that when it doesn't work, it looks like he's not trying, and when it does work, it looks amazing.

skimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 11:22 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBarRegular View Post
^^^ Agree, but at this point let's take the two or three points wherever we can get them.
Just noticed this as well: Points in 5 of the last 7. Are we trending back toward wins and OTLs as compared to just losing in regulation again?

Old
12-11-2009, 12:15 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Just noticed this as well: Points in 5 of the last 7. Are we trending back toward wins and OTLs as compared to just losing in regulation again?
2-5-3 in the last 10 games.

When that's above .500 I'll start to feel that we are trending back in the right direction.

A win Saturday against the hapless Ducks coming off of a game against Detroit will make me feel better, but isn't likely to convince me this team is out of the woods yet.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Doug19

I wish I could still hate the Predators but now that Swift is making commercials about them I think I like them, I love them, I want so more of them.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 04:13 PM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

Cant go wrong with 3 country blondes. Carrie Underwood, Kellie Pickler and Taylor Swift.

MattTheMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
That's alot of beauty packed into 1 picture, damn.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 04:41 PM
skimp

That's a lot of ****ing annoying packed into one picture.

Full Disclosure: would, would, and would.

Last edited by skimp: 12-11-2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Je suis un cochon.
skimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 05:21 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougRiffle View Post
I wish I could still hate the Predators but now that Swift is making commercials about them I think I like them, I love them, I want so more of them.
That's what they want you to think. It's a love story. Just say yes.

The Empire is using vixens of country music to suck us over to the Dark Side.

Old
12-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheMask View Post
Cant go wrong with 3 country blondes. Carrie Underwood, Kellie Pickler and Taylor Swift.

Nice picture Matt.. As for the dark side that is exactly what Columbus City is missing-a professional identity.

With a solid organization pulling out all of the plugs Columbus could have a hockey identity but the last four years have not been good enough to get it done. I wish I had 150 million dollars-I'd buy this team and make them on par with the northeastern teams.

It takes guts and a total commitment to winning to make a geographic area a hockey town. I’m not seeing enough commitment to excellence from the Columbus owners. Hell, 75% of the bars in Franklin County don't even show the Blue Jackets-the owners of the Jackets are not getting it done. If Hitchcock fails to win the first round in the playoffs this season he needs to be fired and a younger coach hired…

We need a conference final run soon.... rant over.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote