HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Moen-Metro-Maxpac

Old
12-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

vCash: 500
Moen-Metro-Maxpac

Seriously, despite the loss last night, I still think this line's been awesome for us.

Travis Moen, what a great signing. I'm seriously considering buying a Travis Moen jersey this holiday season. He's a tough guy who never gives up on a play, and has deceptively fast skating ability and is an excellent penalty killer. The offense is pretty much just a bonus right now.

Max Pacioretty, having a good run right now. He's definitely right at home on this line and has been playing with a lot more fire since being put on this line. When you look at his linemates, who work hard every game, it's easy to see why he's upped his game - can you imagine how bad he'd look floating alongside these 2 guys? Either way, he's shown us why we picked him over David Perron, and that trade that got us him was awesome.

Last but certainly not least, Glen Metropolit. Wow, just wow. He's been spectacular compared to what anyone expected out of him this season. He's a great story and I'm really happy that he's doing well with Montreal. I'd love to see him re-sign this offseason, but it may be difficult with guys like Plekanec being higher on the priority list. Again, great at what he does, brought what we expected, but turned it up on the offense. Went from serviceable 4th liner to excellent 4th liner in 30 games.

Please, JM, whatever happens, keep this line together.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 12:31 PM
MarkovsKnee

Somehow I don't think JM is going to break them apart. I mean whenever he does he just puts them back together again. He seems to like the line too. It's the only threesome that has consistently been a line, so much so that it has its own nickname: 3M line (Max, Metro, Moen).

I love all three players too. MaxPac is fun to watch. Moen is surprisingly fast and Metro is grit personified.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

I like this line alot. I was for the send MaxPac to Hamilton in the beginning of the year but now I think they did the right thing to keep him with the big club. Sure he still doing mistake and he take bad penalties but he's better week after week. I expect him to be the best player of this line before the end of the season

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Teufelsdreck

I like it too. It could get even better as Pacioretty gains more NHL experience. It's already better than last year's line of Latendresse-Lapierre-Kostopoulos.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:37 PM
hogtownhabsfan

It's a great third line...

hogtownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 02:53 PM
centrehice

Ya they've looked great. What I can't wait for is for maxpac to put on some muscle. Once he does that he'll be that much more phyiscally imposing and much more confident. But he's been amazing the last 10 games or so. Always noticable

centrehice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
Somehow I don't think JM is going to break them apart. I mean whenever he does he just puts them back together again. He seems to like the line too. It's the only threesome that has consistently been a line, so much so that it has its own nickname: 3M line (Max, Metro, Moen).

I love all three players too. MaxPac is fun to watch. Moen is surprisingly fast and Metro is grit personified.
I do.

What do you want Martin to do when Gionta and Pouliot come back with the club?. You also have to think about that Sergei is not about to leave the club, he's now earned his job fairly, he's not going back in the AHL

IMO our final forward line-up with everybody healthy will look something like this:

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Maxpac-Metropolit-S.Kost
Moen-Lappierre-Laraque

and that is one great line-up, Metro and Maxpac will have a much more offensively gifted player to play with them.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I do.

What do you want Martin to do when Gionta and Pouliot come back with the club?. You also have to think about that Sergei is not about to leave the club, he's now earned his job fairly, he's not going back in the AHL

IMO our final forward line-up with everybody healthy will look something like this:

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Maxpac-Metropolit-S.Kost
Moen-Lappierre-Laraque

and that is one great line-up, Metro and Maxpac will have a much more offensively gifted player to play with them.
Will see but I think Martin will leave the 3rd line intact and Sergei,Pouliot,D'ago will fight for the spot on the second line. I can see a 4th line like this:

Sergei-Lapierre-D'Agostini

When this line play well they will have ice time similar to the 3rd line.

Old
12-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Will see but I think Martin will leave the 3rd line intact and Sergei,Pouliot,D'ago will fight for the spot on the second line. I can see a 4th line like this:

Sergei-Lapierre-D'Agostini

When this line play well they will have ice time similar to the 3rd line.
You really want a soft 4th line like this? The team barely has grit as it is, a 4th line looking like this would make us go backwards in time imo,

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
You really want a soft 4th line like this? The team barely has grit as it is, a 4th line looking like this would make us go backwards in time imo,
Laraque play like 3 minutes a game. I want to see Moen on a line with Metropolit they have chemistry together and they play against good opposite line. You have to give Moen icetime if you want some grit

A young 4th line with a scoring touch will give us goals because they will play against weak line.

Old
12-11-2009, 04:11 PM
ChickenHabsFan

Metropolit is real good. Too bad he took Chipchura's spot but we needed a veteran on this line.

ChickenHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 04:11 PM
WeezyHabFan

Quote:
I do.

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Maxpac-Metropolit-S.Kost
Moen-Lappierre-Laraque

Switch the Kostitsyns around. Sergei has deserved it more honestly plus Andrei likes to hit more

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 04:32 PM
hogtownhabsfan

Quote:
I do.

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Maxpac-Metropolit-S.Kost
Moen-Lappierre-Laraque

LOL. People have way to high expectations for Pouliot. He has potential, but right now he is a borderline 4th liner. Our top 9 is clear IMO.

When Everyones healthy i'd like to see:

Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta
Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Maxpac-Metro-Moen
MAB-Laps-Pouliot/Laraque

Markov-O'Byrne
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gorges/Mara-Gill

Price
Halak

hogtownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 09:34 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyHabFan View Post
Switch the Kostitsyns around. Sergei has deserved it more honestly plus Andrei likes to hit more
Oh, so you mean Andrei did not deserve it by scoring 9 points in his last 9 games?

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
LOL. People have way to high expectations for Pouliot. He has potential, but right now he is a borderline 4th liner. Our top 9 is clear IMO.

When Everyones healthy i'd like to see:

Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta
Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Maxpac-Metro-Moen
MAB-Laps-Pouliot/Laraque

Markov-O'Byrne
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gorges/Mara-Gill

Price
Halak
You just don't know he'd be a borderline 4th line forward. Let's wait until his conditioning stint in Hamilton is over.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 09:52 PM
madbox

Cammy found his centre. Don't be messing with that.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 11:08 PM
shakenbake7

I love the line, but I wouldn't mind having these sorts of lines when everyone is healthy...

Cammalleri - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn
S. Kostitsyn - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Metropolit - Pacioretty
Moen - Lapierre - Pyatt

The third line would be a solid two-way line and our fourth line would be a speed/energy/grit/shutdown line. There's nothing wrong with running four lines... that is, as long as Laraque isn't dressed. Although, depending on how Pouliot turns out, I guess he and Moen could be interchangeable.

shakenbake7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 12:58 AM
HabsKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake7 View Post

Moen - Lapierre - Pyatt

These are the best lines IMO

HabsKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 01:40 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
I love the line, but I wouldn't mind having these sorts of lines when everyone is healthy...

Moen - Lapierre - Pyatt

The third line would be a solid two-way line and our fourth line would be a speed/energy/grit/shutdown line. There's nothing wrong with running four lines... that is, as long as Laraque isn't dressed. Although, depending on how Pouliot turns out, I guess he and Moen could be interchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsKing View Post
These are the best lines IMO
You want to move Pacioretty over to the RW just as he is getting his groove? No way. If anything, I would thank Metro for the mentoring job he has done on that line, step aside, and see if Pouliot can work between Max and Moen. That line might actually have a few years together, while Metro isn't gonna be around very long.

So, you put Metro on a line centring Pyatt/White (whichever you prefer... don't know how comfortable White is on the left, but it's only the 4th line so who cares) and Lapierre and hope his influence rubs off on them next. Seems sucky to "demote" Metro for all his hard work, but face it, he's not in the future of the Habs, it might be time to see if Moen and Max can keep going without him, and maybe his best role is working with the guys at the bottom who are walking the thin line of regular spot/press box to see what he can get out of them.

Cammy - Pleks - A.Kost
S.Kost - Gomez - Gionta
MaxPac - Pouliot - Moen (problem is, all LH shots)
Pyatt/White - Metro - Laps/White

In an even better case scenario, Pouliot earns top 6 time, is placed with Gomez and Gionta, and that way you can keep Max and Metro together, and add S.Kost onto the right side. That leaves Moen, Lapierre and Pyatt/White on the bottom line, and I don't mind the looks of that either.

Cammy - Pleks - A.Kost
Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
MaxPac - Metro - S.Kost
Moen/Pyatt/White - Lapierre - Moen/Pyatt/White

And finally, in case of extreme Pouliot failure, you can let Metro work with him and give Laps another shot with:

Cammy - Pleks - A.Kost
S.Kost - Gomez - Gionta
MaxPac - Laps - Moen (I think we'd see good things from Lapierre here)
Pouliot - Metro - Pyatt/White

Heck, I might even do that just to start.

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 12-12-2009 at 01:50 AM.
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 01:47 AM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
This team looks great to me.
I don't really care about the lines.
I would want to keep Plek and Cammy together. BTW, the Plek-Gionta duo was great.

Cammy-Plek-Gionta
Sergei-Gomez-Andrei

Could be worth a try.

With Sergei playing better than ever and MaxPac finally getting some points.

So it means that we add Markov, Gionta, Pouliot and Mara to our current line-up.

I am really having great hopes for the seven games on the road between Dec 19th and Dec 31st.
This is the road trip that could make our team.
You know, that top six lineup interested me alot too as pleks and Gio played well together in pre season. The fact of the matter is Akost brings physicality and size with Pleks and Cammy. He has 9 pts in his last 9 games, and is playing like a Power forward I never woulda guessed he could do. He hits like a truck! He has fanned on a few one timer opportunities, but eventually they will go in.

Keep that line together. One thing I did notice was that Skost and Gomez are building some chemistry together which could be good. A secondary scoring line of two gritty 5'11 players and Gio won't require size and Power forward benefits as every player on that line is more gritty than Cammy and pleks who are both more parameter players.

I would love to see Pouliot on the top 6 lines, but we have an offensive dark horse duo in Metro and Patches, and who knows, they might be able to create some chemistry.

When all is said and done... I would go with

Cammy Pleks Akost
Skost Gomez Gio
Patches Metro Pouliot
Moen Lapierre Laraque/Pyatt

Test both Skost and Pouliot with Gomez and Gio, because Skots has also shown chemistry with patches and could be a great fit on the 3rd line as he is more gritty and defensively responsible than Pouliot.

Cammy Pleks Akost
Pouliot Gomez Gio
Patches Metro Skost
Moen Lapierre Laraque/Pyatt

Dirty Danglez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 03:22 AM
kalessin

Lineups with everyone healthy are probably a pipe dream... what are the odds that we actually get everyone together for a game?

Regardless, Moen-Metro-Maxpac is easily my favourite third line since Perezhogin-Bonk-Johnson had that nice run a little while back (PB&J line! What can we call this one? 3M?).

kalessin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 03:23 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by starglider View Post
Lineups with everyone healthy are probably a pipe dream... what are the odds that we actually get everyone together for a game?

Regardless, Moen-Metro-Maxpac is easily my favourite third line since Perezhogin-Bonk-Johnson had that nice run a little while back (PB&J line! What can we call this one? 3M?).
Already in use. They are the glue/tape that keeps everything together, after all!

I prefer the M3 line though, but I'm biased as a BMW owner.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 04:24 AM
Max Levine

Quote:

Moen - Lapierre - Pyatt

I opened the thread to post my opinion about that line and others but Shakenbake wrote my exact thought.

SK with Gomez is a great duo. Can't wait to see Gionta joining them.

Metro and Pac have been doing great recently but I'm not sure Moen is complementing them so well. I too would like to see Pouliot on that line and Moen with Lapierre.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote