Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Titan on the move?

Old
02-16-2009, 01:37 PM
byebyebettman

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to byebyebettman
http://www.qmjhlarenaguide.com/sorel.htm

Link to the QMJHL Arena Guide's profile Page for Colisee Cardin.

3037 total capacity, 2425 seated.

byebyebettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 02:04 PM
forecheck

The City of Bathurst and 3 business owners tabled an offer to the owner of the Titan for 3 million dollars.

This offer appears to have been turned down and the owner is now pointing fingers at city for not giving him enough incentives to keep the team there.. Problem is that the City charges nothing ( he has rent free agreement ) ???

Looks like owners bluff was called by city and with the legitimate offer made he still is moving the team ..

My opinion is the team was sold last month and this guy used the 30 day extension so he would not lose ALL of his fan base before leaving ..

Terrible that the QMJHL would allow this circus to go on

forecheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 06:37 PM
maineman

the Q is the laughing stock, or another way to put it, the ugly duckling of the CHL.
Until they get rid of Courteau andhis puppets, it will always be a circus.

maineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 07:09 PM
D3nZ

The city is saying that they are giving away close to 200 000$ a year to the team in free ice and all sorts of incentives and the team are saying that the city is giving them 88 000$ a year. I personally never liked Leo Guy, he's the worst owner in this league, period. He thinks that the city will give him a blank check and tell him to write whatever amount he wants.

D3nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 08:44 PM
nosl

First Rights...

I really believe smaller communities need to enforce in their lease contracts a "first right of refusal". The lack of this resulted in the sale & eventual relocation of the North Bay Centennials. A first right of refusal essentially buys the community a set amount of time to match an offer that the ownership group has made to other buyers of the team.

200,000$ worth of free ice time? Making a legitimate offer to purchase the team? You can't say the city of Bathurst isn't trying to accommodate the Titan or to help major junior hockey prosper in the community.

nosl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:51 PM
sman111

i can't understand how the Q allows these teams to constantly move around, how is that going to build a strong league, and rivalries against other teams if there always moving. I know theres alot more to all of these moves like getting a sweathart deal in another city, but if i were a fan in the Q and my team moved with some sort of bull like this situation I would be pissed. And you know after they leave another team will eventually end up there do they think the fans are going to come running back, I certantly wouldn't. It just makes it seem bush league and it cheapens the league as a whole in my opinion.

sman111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Top Scorer

what about fredrickton

Top Scorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Alpine

Titan are staying in Bathurst
http://www.letitan.com/nouvelles/nou...01&ref=accueil

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 02:59 PM
timbitca

As a former season ticket owner, I'm very pleased to hear that! And will cheer doubly hard for them against the Wildcats on the 13th, I wonder if I have my Titan jersey down here or if I left it at my Mothers up north...

timbitca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 01:48 PM
forecheck

May as well bring it up as the team is drawing around 1000 to 1200 fans per game.

Pei not much better.

Transfer(s ) are inevitable

forecheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Wince

I can't see them sticking around much longer. No owner can afford to take losses like that.

Wince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 05:29 PM
gleanerguy

But where would they go?

I checked numbers recently, and if you use 2000 as the bench mark, there are several teams well below that number on a regular basis -- PEI, Bathurst, Lewiston and Baie Comeau among them. Where would they all go?
Fredericton is closed. It's the university's arena and they've already shut the doors firmly on Lewiston. St. John's would be an option only with a travel subsidy, I would think -- or perhaps two teams go over to the Rock and teams make a swing there.
Is contraction a possibility in the Q?

gleanerguy is offline   Reply With Quote